Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 05:06

The Siege of Desal Plant

Today at around 3:30 (Server time), a call came in to someone at the Desal plant. An attack was coming. I being a soldier offered my assistance to SSgt. Declan Fitzpatrick of the SASR (the CR at the time) and the small garrison he managed to conjure up out of the U.S Army and man from the Watchers. We prepared for the imminent attack from this clan, and called in reinforcements and had a UAZ show up with weapons and ammo. Things got chaotic to say the least. Within a 20 minute period, the small garrison grew to about 30+, and we were ready to defend. On edge and hearing gunshots once and a while, we thought the attack was coming. It was in fact starting, but not by survivors or bandits. By the largest horde of zombies we had ever seen. The soldier from the Watchers attempted to call in assistance from his group over the radio, and same with the Army. they received no response. When it started a Humvee showed up (GMG) and assisted us with fighting the horde. It was absolute chaos. There was also a Helo that was flying over head that we previously thought was enemy, that fired around, and I thought was bombing the base. It was our air support. For about 10 minutes we were holding our ground, until the helo was pulled down by a large amount of zombies and crashed. The crew was killed, and we lost our air support. Many of us were running low on ammo, and the zombies finally stopped coming.

Casualties:

Allied: 1 Pilot, 2 KIA to blue on blue, 1 vehicular accident

Multiple WIA

1 Helo Destroyed

Zombies: Hundreds

RIP BROTHERS

The video is now up:

[video=youtube]

I want to note that I accidentally set FRAPS to not record my own voice, although I promise you that even Zipcouda would be proud. I wasn't able to record all of it because of the initial confusion and the intense fighting in the beginning. (Also sorry about the random empty floating soda can, didn't have time to hide it)

• Emerald

If you have a video, post it please!

A brave young hobo from my clan was gunned down in the cross fire, but his last words before he passed out were that he held no grudges. He stood at the front, taking his hatchet to hordes of zeds and defending the entrance to the facility. I was too late to take part in the bulk of the battle, but I hear it was beyond epic.

• Emerald

If you have a video, post it please!

A brave young hobo from my clan was gunned down in the cross fire, but his last words before he passed out were that he held no grudges. He stood at the front, taking his hatchet to hordes of zeds and defending the entrance to the facility. I was too late to take part in the bulk of the battle, but I hear it was beyond epic.

Sounds like a real man to me. That is the bravest Hobo ever.

• Emerald

For about 10 minutes we were holding our ground, until the helo was pulled down by a large amount of zombies and crashed. The crew was killed, and we lost our air support.

I think you'll find I lived and was helped by a crazy man with a hatchet (Lue?). I hope you enjoyed the chopper going down, I had never tried RPing a chopper crash but from what I hear it looked really legit from your angle. The idea was to go low to simulate the zombies grabbing the rails and causing me trouble.

I didn't think there was 4 deaths at the end. I knew of at least 2 and then when I ran Parkins over.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and big apologies to Matt Parkins at the end for running him over. Big thanks to Sin for doing the main amount of work for this event. More Soontm

EDIT : Turns out my mic was on the wrong settings so my whole voip throughout the whole thing was ruined which explains so much.

• Legend

Thanks everyone, that was truly excellent on all fronts. Can't wait to see the video.

More pain to follow soon™.

For those who hung around long enough after the attack, Elissa and Pavel had the good fortune to find a Ural full o' guns™ and delivered it in the form of a big ol' Charity Truck.

For about 10 minutes we were holding our ground, until the helo was pulled down by a large amount of zombies and crashed. The crew was killed, and we lost our air support.

I think you'll find I lived and was helped by a crazy man with a hatchet (Lue?). I hope you enjoyed the chopper going down, I had never tried RPing a chopper crash but from what I hear it looked really legit from your angle. The idea was to go low to simulate the zombies grabbing the rails and causing me trouble.

I didn't think there was 4 deaths at the end. I knew of at least 2 and then when I ran Parkins over.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and big apologies to Matt Parkins at the end for running him over. Big thanks to Sin for doing the main amount of work for this event. More Soontm

EDIT : Turns out my mic was on the wrong settings so my whole voip throughout the whole thing was ruined which explains so much.

No sir, I wasn't present for this one. I believe the hobo you speak of was the one and only "Animal", protector of the meek and slayer of bigots.

• Sapphire

I'm monitoring this thread, must see that video!

• Emerald

The event was indeed allot of fun, the reactions where very nice and the general attitude was a cool thing to see,

I would love to see the video, but next time you might not be so lucky to have a HMMV GL show up though.

• Sapphire

The Animal will be back...

Lol it was a great time and I had a lot of fun charging into the hordes of zombies with only a hatchet. I hope you guys do more events like these in the near future because it was one of the funnest times I have had on dayzrp

Ah, unfortunately I was only able to catch the tail end of the event, with me and Sean taking refuge on the plant south of Desal, watching from that angle. Afterwards however, it was a very enjoyable experience with everyone that was there!

10/10 Would do again.

The Animal will be back...

Lol it was a great time and I had a lot of fun charging into the hordes of zombies with only a hatchet. I hope you guys do more events like these in the near future because it was one of the funnest times I have had on dayzrp

Animal you crazy bastard. You have no idea how hard I was laughing even when you died, and I am sorry. o7

• MVP

More to come, definetly. Glad to see people had fun!

Of course, after the invasion event this saturday, things might get better or worse in the future. Depending on how it turns out.

Of course, after the invasion event this saturday, things might get better or worse in the future. Depending on how it turns out.

Oh god Tomeran, I don't think we can fight off another attack if it is any larger. Think of the casualties!
  • Emerald

Oh god Tomeran, I don't think we can fight off another attack if it is any larger. Think of the casualties!

Actually it was a relative small horde especially compared to an invasion event scale.

think your horde but for a time period of 2 to 3 hours and with bigger waves. now that is a true horde ^^

*EDIT*

Ohh and hordes of bloodsuckers would make things rather more interesting.

''the horde is coming, the horde is coming''

''but we don't see anything''

and then people start to die all around.

Actually it was a relative small horde especially compared to an invasion event scale.

think your horde but for a time period of 2 to 3 hours and with bigger waves. now that is a true horde ^^

*EDIT*

The roars..

• Emerald

*EDIT*

The roars..

It would be glorious.

• Emerald
Personally' date=' I wanted hordes of bloodsuckers.[/quote']

... and why has this not happened yet? Hmm? HMM?

*looks disapprovingly at Tomeran*

I mean, I know you already do a lot around here, but add this to the list ok? :P