Server time (UTC): 2023-01-26 22:40

GUID Question

CannedPakes

So right now I'm on my laptop because I took apart my main computer to put my new processor in. I got rejected from the whitelist after taking it apart for not "explaining KoS enough" or something along those lines. Anyway, I wanna know if an admin or something can somehow tell me my GUID, cuz I don't have Arma II downloaded on this laptop and won't be putting my main comp back together for a few days.

Also, if you feel like it, can you tell me if my description of KoS is good? I revised it, and here it is: What is KoS and how does KoS rule work on DayZRP?: KoS stands for 'kill on sight'. KoS is against the rules of course. In DayZRP, it can happen a lot of ways. Simply put, though, it's when you kill someone for no real RP reason or without talking to/meeting them. Here's an example: You see someone get shot in the distance while you're on a hill, and they die. A few seconds later, you see someone running away from the scene with the gun you heard. You engage, and they're killed. What you didn't know though was that the person killed actually attempted to rob the guy who shot him. That means you KoS, because you killed a person with no prior knowledge of what went on there. It could’ve been avoided if you went down and listened to the whole thing or asked the guy what happened afterwards. The ties in with how robberies should go to avoid KoS. Running up behind someone and saying, “Drop the weapon or I’ll shoot!” isn’t descriptive enough, and can lead to KoS . You never told them you were going to kill them if they didn’t drop their primary weapon. A robbery should go more like this to avoid KoS: “Drop both of your weapons, backpack, and radio. Take a few steps back from the gear. If you don’t do this in 10 seconds, you will be shot.” Of course you can always type out the commands if they don’t do anything after you say them in direct, to make sure what you want the other player to do is very clear. In the case that they try to fight back or don’t comply within the 10 seconds given, you can kill them as it wouldn’t be KoS.

• Emerald

If you have DayZ commander, click on the tiny gear icon for the settings. Somewhere in there, it should say "copy GUID to clipboard". From there, you can freely paste the GUID to anything.

As for the explanation of KoS, it seems pretty detailed. Though as long as a person states a consequence, they can get KoS for non-compliance. Stating "Drop your weapons or I will shoot" is sufficient enough as an initiation. Afterwards if they comply, you can continue by telling them what else to drop.

If you have DayZ commander, click on the tiny gear icon for the settings. Somewhere in there, it should say "copy GUID to clipboard". From there, you can freely paste the GUID to anything.

As for the explanation of KoS, it seems pretty detailed. Though as long as a person states a consequence, they can get KoS for non-compliance. Stating "Drop your weapons or I will shoot" is sufficient enough as an initiation. Afterwards if they comply, you can continue by telling them what else to drop.

Thanks for helping with both parts.

No... wait, wait.

I can't copy the GUI to clipboard cuz I don't have Arma II on this laptop.