Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 04:15

Matthew Phillips KoS appeal

Cyber

Link to report : http://www.dayzrp.com/t-attempted-kos-near-altar

Why the verdict is not fair : The verdict isn't fair because it was mis identification, the OP logged into a firefight zone extremely close to hostiles that one or two of them had the same looking skin as the OP. It was dark and after watching for a while she was almost on top of where the shots were coming from, how can you tell the difference if someone has the same skin as them and the XML wasn't supported on that skin.

Additional statements/comments explaining your PoV (in details) : Me and the OP were also discussing this on TS and I believe the punishment was given too early.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal : My punishment removed.

What could you have done better?Not shot at someone that was a presumed enemy.

• Legend

You should not complain about your ban. As it stand you were given an incredibly lenient one. You are still expected to check your target.

The facts were clear and I see no reason to remove your punishment.

Standard KoS bans are 5 days and 10 points. Please do tell me how you did not get off lightly?

You should not complain about your ban. As it stand you were given an incredibly lenient one. You are still expected to check your target.

The facts were clear and I see no reason to remove your punishment.

Standard KoS bans are 5 days and 10 points. Please do tell me how you did not get off lightly?

I'm not denying I got off lightly but there was no way to differentiate T-dog from a hostile as a girl was there in a very similar if not the same skin.

• MVP

Me and the OP were also discussing this on TS and I believe the punishment was given too early.

Just wanted to clarify this statement. What do you mean when you say it was given 'too early'? You had posted you POV, and the report was open for several days. Was there anything else you felt you could have added that would have changed the verdict?

Me and the OP were also discussing this on TS and I believe the punishment was given too early.

Just wanted to clarify this statement. What do you mean when you say it was given 'too early'? You had posted you POV, and the report was open for several days. Was there anything else you felt you could have added that would have changed the verdict?

As I said me and the OP were discussing the report on TS.

I would like to close this appeal if possible as after thinking about it for a while I understand how it looks.

• MVP

The points you bring up in this appeal are valid points...

.. but we've taken them into account already. That's why the punishment isn't the normal 3-5 days and full banstrike. You got half the banstrike and only 1 day. You should be able to play again now, and the only thing that remains are 5 points on your record. That's nothing major.

It's difficult to ID people in firefights but it's your responsibility. If you want to take the risk, then do so. But if you misidentify, you suffer the consequences. Which weren't really that severe in this case.

Appeal denied.