Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 11:57

The Legend, Alex Borland

Guest Kilgore

Guest Kilgore

“Around Chernarus there is a legend of a man who goes by the name of Borland, however he is not inferior to the professionalism of the mysterious Gabriel Hightower. Borland not only extricates himself alive and unscathed from any scrape, he has repeatedly saved the lives of countless others and copes with missions that are considered impractical, sometimes wielding it in completely unimaginable ways. They say luck is often attributed to him, it was only the result of well-costed actions in which the success rate was higher than the defeat.” -Experienced Survivor

owxLP1a.png

Alex Borland under the alias Lukash Tarasov, with companion Jayde Kutepov.

Alex Borland was born and raised in Irkutsk, the largest city in Siberia. He was born into a highly respectable family, more so due to his father, a high ranking military official. This inspired Borland to follow his fathers foot steps to advance and excel himself within the Military. His natural talent was boundless and unheard of as he progressed rapidly throughout his military career. Being involved in two conflicts, the First Chechen War and the Invasion of Dagestan, his actions and bravery saw him rise through the ranks before being stationed in the Moscow Military District serving within the 45th Detached Reconnaissance Regiment, also known as the VDV. However his military experience and endless traits could never have prepared him for the events of July 30th 2012.

July 30th 2012, the day the global super powers thought they could quarantine the infection. The entire province of South Zagoria was surrounded by soldiers of many countries, no one went in, nor out. Borland was back in the field, but against an enemy the world has never seen before. Alex and his section was assigned to scout for a field operative from the WHO (World Health Organization). Their mission was to locate and extract the body of Patient Zero. Latest intel surrounding the location of Patient Zero suggested that they were still inside of Zelengorsk hospital, within the morgue. It was clearly a suicide mission, but Borland accepted the consequences with full intent.

More will come, please give me feedback, thanks -Kilgore

// A good start so far, Kilgore. I can't really complain really, except for the fact that it's quite similar to other stories. (I'm talking about the part where you're in the military and you're going to go and try to get Patient Zero etc.). Also it'd be cool to see an addition to how and why the Zelengorsk hospital is gone, E.G you had to blow it up due to too many infected being inside it.

Keep this up.

//Doesn't sound particularly Russian perhaps Alexi or Aleksei?

[[ SKA has three people named "Alexei/Aleksei" hehe, luckily only two of us actually play, and even luckier we're on at different times. No more, pl0x!

Kilgore, nice job on the story so far, man! ]]

Guest Kilgore

It's shortened, everyone uses Alexi...etc.

3 Members of SKA.

Alexei Tsarni

Alexei Kozlov

Aleksei Rostislav

I like Alex better.

• MVP

[[ SKA has three people named "Alexei/Aleksei" hehe, luckily only two of us actually play, and even luckier we're on at different time zones. No more, pl0x!

Kilgore, nice job on the story so far, man! ]]

// Ah, no worries. As a person born in Siberia the name stands out like a sore thumb to me. Either the Alex part or the surname. Hmm Borland seems to have a few genealogical ties to Russia. No worries. I'm just nitpicking maybe :P

The story seems sound and more details would be interesting to see. :)