Server time (UTC): 2023-02-09 09:15

Clan sub forums?

Yuval

Do you like this idea?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a thought i had, what i mean by this is having the private forums have the main forums, for all members, and a subforum with a unique password for itself for leadership, or well trusted members.

I think this could help improve the clan forums and make them a more viable way of sharing information since for me, sharing locations of helis or stashes with all recruits, which could leave the clan the next day with all the info, is not an option. Having a sub forums which only veterans or trusted members can join, will make it a safer way to share info via the forums. If i want only the people i trust or that the leader trusts to access this info, like helicopter/vehicle spawns, strategies etc. i won't have to risk ex members sharing this info

Any thoughts?

• Legend

+1

Would like to see this implemented would make clan forums alomore cleaned up and trusted members access to confidential information

I find that Google Docs works just as well which you can share with chosen people via an email address.

Saves them having to add more and more subforums.

Not more and more, just one sub forum. no custom titles or anything, just the ability to change passwords. and beside moving more options to the DayzRP forums would be better than using docs.

Doesn't seem like a complex thing to do, but i don't know much about running a forum.

• MVP

I find that Google Docs works just as well which you can share with chosen people via an email address.

Not more and more, just one sub forum. no custom titles or anything, just the ability to change passwords. and beside moving more options to the DayzRP forums would be better than using docs.

I'd argue the opposite.

Passwords leak. Docs don't with trusted people. Besides adding one more could be followed with another and another.

Just thinking out loud but honestly Google Docs is a great tool. Take my word on it if you are trying to organize and sort through all your clan details. :)

I'd argue the opposite.

Passwords leak. Docs don't with trusted people. Besides adding one more could be followed with another and another.

Just thinking out loud but honestly Google Docs is a great tool. Take my word on it if you are trying to organize and sort through all your clan details. :)

I use it for school and i do like it, but the purpose of a sub forum is to be used by well trusted people or veterans of the clan to share sensitive information. I can say the same for docs about leaking info if one of these guys copies the file and gives it to someone.

both method count on the reliability of the members which have access to this information, one for me it less cumbersome and implemented into dayzrp forums. which will make it so a wider range of clans would have no issue using this.

• MVP

I'd argue the opposite.

I use it for school and i do like it, but the purpose of a sub forum is to be used by well trusted people or veterans of the clan to share sensitive information. I can say the same for docs about leaking info if one of these guys copies the file and gives it to someone.

both method count on the reliability of the members which have access to this information, one for me it less cumbersome and implemented into dayzrp forums. which will make it so a wider range of clans would have no issue using this.

Fair enough , I can see where you are coming from and agree partially.

I think having a clan forum for grunts is also necessary. people use it to share basic info, adding the sub forum would make it so that also info which is a secrete would be safe and accessible by trusted members.