Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 10:53

New way to accept players in the server

Guest TehGreekGamer

Guest TehGreekGamer

NEW WAY TO ACCEPT NEW MEMBERS IN THE COMMUNITY

We are going to keep the whitelist system but we need to make new players to understand the rules.We can do that by making them take a multiple question test with 10 questions.

EXAMPLE: You see a survivor,how do you react?

a)Kill him on sight to get his loot

b)Talk to him

c)Rob him

It can work as a combination with the whitelist system to ensure that the new member has understand the rules and can RP.I think that this will minimize the number of immature players on the server.

• Emerald

Well it would be hard to create question that won't be generic, and I am not sure how effective it would be, since the Admin team still gotta make sure that they answered the questions right it might just end up being a time waster for both the admin team and the applyer.

Guest TehGreekGamer

The example you gave is not good...c) can't be an answer and a) should be changed to rob him...

But still,this addition would make whitelists kinda strange.

This is an example.I dont think its going to make application weird its going to make harder to applay.Imagine having 100 applications and now having 90 because some people didnt pass the test.

Well it would be hard to create question that won't be generic, and I am not sure how effective it would be, since the Admin team still gotta make sure that they answered the questions right it might just end up being a time waster for both the admin team and the applyer.

There are scripts about that kinda of stuff.

If you could set up some scripts and make this necessary before even reaching the application screen, that would be awesome. If somebody fails at the most basic questions regarding the rules, lock em out for a few days, or even a week!.. They wouldn't even reach the point where they sent in an application so the admins would have instantly eliminated an application they would have probably declined anyway.

Good idea. I like it. I remember San Andreas RP servers had about 10 sketchy questions. If you haven't red the rules, you can't really answer them. If you got 1 wrong, you start from the 1st one and it doesn't show what is wrong or right.

• MVP

I believe the whitelist process is stringent enough as is, personally.

Guest TehGreekGamer

I believe the whitelist process is stringent enough as is, personally.

I have to disagree with that.Many people can write a good application but have zero clue about the rules.

Guest TehGreekGamer

The final idead is:

We make a multiple choice quiz that has to be taken before the whitelist application.The questions are going to from medium to advanced,this will make the new member to learn the basics.If he answers them correctly he will apply for whitelist.The answers will not be accesable to avoid cheating.Its simply to make and it will reduce the amount of unnecessary applications and it will save time.All this will be made by a script.

Perhaps we should just open a random armory server and play 'duck, duck goose'? :)

Take the goose

I would appreciate if you answered like a mature person

Perhaps we should just open a random armory server and play 'duck, duck goose'? :)

Take the goose

"Duck.. duck.. duck.. GOOSE!" *Legs it*

My opinion is pretty much the same as Chris', the whitelist is already tough. We don't need to make it harder. Just because someone might not fully understand the rules when they join, it doesn't mean they're going to break the rules. Usually they want to know the rules because they don't want to get banned.

I don't like the idea, just for the simple fact that "in the case of any test, it can be cheated on"! One would have to have at least 100 good questions that would have to be put in random generator to be selected and put with each persons test. Now that I think about it would have to have at least 250 questions, that way the random of selected questions would be a greater odd of getting same questions on multiple test. But you would still have thoes people that would cheat and eventually get a cheat sheet going with all the questions and answers

Guest Cookieraider

NEW WAY TO ACCEPT NEW MEMBERS IN THE COMMUNITY

We are going to keep the whitelist system but we need to make new players to understand the rules.We can do that by making them take a multiple question test with 10 questions.

EXAMPLE: You see a survivor,how do you react?

a)Kill him on sight to get his loot

b)Talk to him

c)Rob him

It can work as a combination with the whitelist system to ensure that the new member has understand the rules and can RP.I think that this will minimize the number of immature players on the server.

Sounds cool! I mean it's good to know if really everybody knows the rules.

Seems a bit pointless personally ... its good as it is/was when i applied .... people who fail the rules get banned simple as that, it does require an incident to happen and it will happen if you are incompetent

next you'll be saying lets add a video of somebody playing making mistakes and they have to click every time they see a mistake :D .... then once complete you get a test certificate emailed to you etc etc?

sorry self amusement there but the point still stands , down vote from myself

I think the main problem with this approach is that it limits your response. I bet you 90% will just go with the "what would a good guy do" approach. If something like that would be implemented it should be text fields rather than multiple choice boxes, because what you would do kinda depends on what type of person you are. That way people could be friendly and just say "Hello there", or they could be more aggressive and go "Show me your ID right now!", or they could fail and go "Big mistake talking to me *bang*".

Guest TehGreekGamer

I think the main problem with this approach is that it limits your response. I bet you 90% will just go with the "what would a good guy do" approach. If something like that would be implemented it should be text fields rather than multiple choice boxes, because what you would do kinda depends on what type of person you are. That way people could be friendly and just say "Hello there", or they could be more aggressive and go "Show me your ID right now!", or they could fail and go "Big mistake talking to me *bang*".

Its going to be much harder than that