Server time (UTC): 2023-01-31 07:33

The Gulag

• MVP

//I hate to be that guy... but why not actually get hype when you have something to show?

Yerp, though I'm more interested how long will it take till it will be shutdown (or rather it won't be). Gulag is basically concentration camp to be treated equally with one's made by Germans in WW2. As much as it's already silly and not consistent to allow communistic groups but ban facist/nazi ones.

• MVP

//I hate to be that guy... but why not actually get hype when you have something to show?

Yerp, though I'm more interested how long will it take till it will be shutdown (or rather it won't be). Gulag is basically concentration camp to be treated equally with one's made by Germans in WW2. As much as it's already silly and not consistent to allow communistic groups but ban facist/nazi ones.

// Probably due to S-GRU's Gulag events in the past. :P

• MVP

// Probably due to S-GRU's Gulag events in the past. :P

// Oh right,Dat originality :)

SKA have citizens dedicated to our cause, they will help us in the Gulag.

We will use it to house captured enemies and we will work them.

We will have buildings for citizens to stay, and more importantly be educated in our Communist ways.

We are still coming up with a lot of ideas we could do use the camp for, we are certain we can keep it going.

S-GRU did sub par gulags in the old PCBs which is the basis for this idea, we are communists its hard to differ from other communist clans :P

But right now, it should be the camp with the most unique RP, offering dangerous and friendly at the same time. If people want to cuddle around a fire and trade supplies they can go to Altar or Desel or any of the camps in DayZRP. They can also do this if they prove themselves to the SKA.

• MVP

Do you even know what Gulag means Jerry?

Judging by your response I have doubts,otherwise you wouldn't have called it this way.

Regardless, my post was more about ranting over fact that communistic ideas/references are allowed while equally despicable facist/nazism ideology is banned.

Judging by your response I have doubts,otherwise you wouldn't have called it this way.

Regardless, my post was more about ranting over fact that communistic ideas/references are allowed while equally despicable facist/nazism ideology is banned.

You may be taking it in the literal Gulag sense, reading one line off a wiki page will basically tell you what it means. This is a zombie apocalypse remember? thats what we are roleplaying, therefore to rebuild civilization we need to incorporate more aspects into the Gulag. But don't worry, if we capture any enemies they won't have a very good time if they make it back to the Gulag.

• MVP

You may be taking it in the literal Gulag sense, reading one line off a wiki page will basically tell you what it means. This is a zombie apocalypse remember? thats what we are roleplaying, therefore to rebuild civilization we need to incorporate more aspects into the Gulag. But don't worry, if we capture any enemies they won't have a very good time if they make it back to the Gulag.

Jerry, I've experienced on my family history both nazi's and communist's 'labour' camps. So don't tell me they are some kind of happy camps mkay? And if you use wiki, especially one line to defend yourself - bitch please.

And don't get me wrong - I'm not in any way mad at you for roleplaying communists and misusing terms/ideas, it should be within staff job to regulate it or atleast being consistent with 'ban policy'.

And what will it add to the actual role-play about being in a zombie apocalypse, other than a 'safe place'? =)

To me, it just seems to be a place where you can bring back "hostages" to then torture them for information that doesn't exactly suit the role-play of being in a zombie apocalypse in my opinion. And it's not just SKA, I mean other settlements just seem to be up so that the clan that owns them can boss people about to be honest, and not actually provide role-play in regards to the actual situation of being in a zombie apocalypse.

Don't get me wrong, your role-play when you do torture and whatnot is great, I just don't see a reason to do so when the main threat should be the zombies and not about defeating other clans.

Anyway, all the best with it, maybe it can be a place where you could examine my character to see what is actually wrong with him (if there is something wrong with him :P) if we ever meet in game!

Don't worry Goz, I don't suspect anything else from your standard posts fueled by your big head and gigantic ego. I'm not trying to school you on communist labour camps you're the one questioning and I'm telling you what we are going to be roleplaying in a game.

Also did your family experience them during a zombie apocalypse? I think not, Goz me and you could argue all day, that's partly one of the reasons you're on my skype block list right now, it just takes up too much time yeno?

And what will it add to the actual role-play about being in a zombie apocalypse, other than a 'safe place'? =)

To me, it just seems to be a place where you can bring back "hostages" to then torture them for information that doesn't exactly suit the role-play of being in a zombie apocalypse in my opinion. And it's not just SKA, I mean other settlements just seem to be up so that the clan that owns them can boss people about to be honest, and not actually provide role-play in regards to the actual situation of being in a zombie apocalypse.

Don't get me wrong, your role-play when you do torture and whatnot is great, I just don't see a reason to do so when the main threat should be the zombies and not about defeating other clans.

Anyway, all the best with it, maybe it can be a place where you could examine my character to see what is actually wrong with him (if there is something wrong with him :P) if we ever meet in game!

With our current license and citizen system we maintained 50+ people, thats going to be scrapped and re-vamped to incorporate the Gulag, I assure you we wont use this camp for all our bandit ways.

With our current license and citizen system we maintained 50+ people, thats going to be scrapped and re-vamped to incorporate the Gulag, I assure you we wont use this camp for all our bandit ways.

That's actually nice to hear, I am just getting a little bored of nearly every clan that gets accepted is a military clan that are just there to "rid the world of bandits", basically an excuse to have regular firefights. It would be nice to see a clan that owns a settlement to actually use it for role-play purposes that ties into the zombie apocalypse for a change!

I look forward to seeing what is planned in terms of looks for the Gulag.

• Legend

To Goz and Jerry. I do not want to have to get the ban-hammer out. As for the differences between communism and Nazism, they are in fact rather massive. Both were abused to create horrendous situations. But Nazism was designed with that in mind. Communism as an ideal is not purely horrendous, however, it most often turns out that way.

The same could be said about capitalism with the abuses of your fellow man there.

Regardless of your political views, comments like "bitch please" and "your gigantic ego" will not be tolerated. This is your only warning.

• MVP

Jerry, tell me how relevant is your blocking me off on skype in this discussion.

You were the guy writing to me - not the other way around,

You couldnt handle person crushing your arguments - not the other way around,

Hence you blocked me, if you werent childish and were actually able to handle talking with other person mocking your idiotic arguments - you wouldn't do that.

In relation to previous thing, if you read my post clearly - I'm not against you making such thing. I really don't, I've stated multiple times that I'm genuily shocked of lack of consistency when facism/nazism is banned in contrary to communism. From my perspective and historian's they are equally evil, even though communists have higher death tool :P

If anything, I was amazed you can roleplay a "Gulag" and still defend the idea behind it. I view it as really poor choice, but I give the benefit of doubt of your lack of knowladge(which was prooven by you later on) and fact you propably copy cat old S-Gru named 'events' (which you prooved as well).

In regards to zombie apocalypse, again tell me then why nazi clan in zombie apocalypse were banned here before but communistic ones were allowed ? I've repeated myself couple of times and will do it once more - I don't understand the inconsistency on this matter.

So please,instead of you going on me without any arguments whatsoever and escaping to personal attacks(a manipulated as well) - actually read what other person writes.

User was warned for this post. I am serious.

Goz as much enjoyment I get from reading your replys, I must refrain from continuing this conversation. Perhaps you can hop in-game and visit the Gulag when its complete, for now goodbye.

• Emerald

I can not wait ;-P

Good luck with it. If you need any help let me know the 2D editor is a bitch haha

=*Sets Fence health to 0*= ;-P

• Titanium

Gulag is not good name for that.I agree with Goz.I am from old Soviet Union country and alot of my family members(at 1940-1950)to Gulag and alot of them didnt returned.And if you are going to have citizens are they Kulaks?