Server time (UTC): 2023-02-07 06:05

ARMA 3 Breaking Point

• Emerald

So I watched a few videos of gameplay that was introducing the new ARMA 3 DayZ Breaking Point. I really feel it would be awesome if DayZRP managed to get a sever. I feel this would completely epic and there could be player camps still and massive clan battles. Would be really awesome.

[video=youtube]

Breaking Point Website -

http://www.thezombieinfection.com/

Anyone have any thoughts about this? I am downloading the stuff tonight if anyone wants to give it a try sometime. Remember that it did just release earlier today, so it is buggy.

• Sapphire

It looks very neat and I think they did a good job creating the mod

• Diamond

Yeah, I'll totally download this right now and play

• Emerald

Weren't the breaking point devs the ones that DDos'd the Overwatch servers?

It really does not change anything. You may not want to download out of anger for what they did, but I guess that's your choice.

I have play Arma 3 breaking point and its fun its just that here recently there was this massive bug where no matter what but if you were a fresh and went to gather a bunch of loot then logged off. Once you logged back on you spawn back where you did when you were a fresh spawn and lost all of your loot. But other than that its a good mod.

Weren't the breaking point devs the ones that DDos'd the Overwatch servers?

It really does not change anything. You may not want to download out of anger for what they did, but I guess that's your choice.

No, it's not that. I enjoyed breaking point, but the point I was making was, what if the BP devs get mad at us having our own server?

Just food for thought.

• Diamond

I have play Arma 3 breaking point and its fun its just that here recently there was this massive bug where no matter what but if you were a fresh and went to gather a bunch of loot then logged off. Once you logged back on you spawn back where you did when you were a fresh spawn and lost all of your loot. But other than that its a good mod.

That seems like a rather....massive.....bug haha

That seems like a rather....massive.....bug haha

I guess they fixed it but since then but I really haven't played since that bug

In my opinion, the map is far too big. We'd have half the server sitting in a camp and so very little people actually roaming about. The map for this is HUGEEEE... And you'd need like 200+ people on the server to make it even entertaining in any way. My opinion, anyway.

• Diamond

in my opinion its perfect, its actually the perfect bridge between Arma and standalone. the maps size is perfect for what is going on, it shows how scarce people are, when you only see one or two people, you are certainly going to make the most of them, especially if you wish to trade, perhaps you'll even group up? being crammed together is not a good thing, just look at WarZ the map was about the size of Electro and it was a constant struggle to survive for more then twenty minutes.

I kind of would agree with you Sov, but when a server of 64 consists of only probably 10-20 running around [no facts] whilst the other afk/flirt in camps and do other stuff with 0 chance of player interaction, the 'bigger' map would make that however many times bigger, worse.

• El Presidente

Wasn't it the Breaking point launcher that had a key stealer in it? I don't trust these guys.

I'm in contact with people from Zoombies mod who are porting DayZ to ArmA3, I'd much rather use that.

Wasn't it the Breaking point launcher that had a key stealer in it? I don't trust these guys.

I'm in contact with people from Zoombies mod who are porting DayZ to ArmA3, I'd much rather use that.

Yes that was the breaking point guys, they also had an invasive search tool to scan your PC for hacks among other things.

Looking forward for the Zoombies guys to get a full version stabilized.

• Emerald

I'll get Arma 3 when I upgrade my computer then get this.