Server time (UTC): 2023-01-31 07:28

Civilian KoS

moments ago i was KoS whilst heading towards the Raven nest. i was very low on blood heading their hoping someone could help me out only to find out there was some kind of battle going on there. i was about 50m away from the ravens nest when i realized it wasn't the best time to be there, then all of the sudden player that were attacking the base starting shooting at me without giving a warning or asking who i was or anything. i screamed FRIENDLY as i ran away from the settlement only to be continuously shot at, i had made it to the woods maybe 200m away from the battle only to get killed. People really need to start making a positive ID on someone before they shoot for no reason! as i clearly had nothing to do with what was going on.

moments ago i was KoS whilst heading towards the Raven nest. i was very low on blood heading their hoping someone could help me out only to find out there was some kind of battle going on there. i was about 50m away from the ravens nest when i realized it wasn't the best time to be there, then all of the sudden player that were attacking the base starting shooting at me without giving a warning or asking who i was or anything. i screamed FRIENDLY as i ran away from the settlement only to be continuously shot at, i had made it to the woods maybe 200m away from the battle only to get killed. People really need to start making a positive ID on someone before they shoot for no reason! as i clearly had nothing to do with what was going on.

Im no DayZRP expert but use the proper report format

This thread is supposed to be in Formal reports/Report discussion. You also have to use this format:

Server and location:

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):

Your in game name:

Names of allies involved:

Name/Skin of suspect/s:

Suspects weapon/s:

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):

Detailed description of the events:

actually im not reporting anything i was just hoping that people would read it and understand that they should properly ID the players there shooting at.

• Sapphire

actually im not reporting anything i was just hoping that people would read it and understand that they should properly ID the players there shooting at.

this should still be in report discussion

• Sapphire

You have it in the wrong section bud, Get an GM to move it or something.

• Emerald

I think the OP just wants a discussion about this.

To be blunt, a lot of players now think that "there is an active firefight" means that the rule regarding target identification, proper initiation and discharging weapons go out the window. And they hide behind that same thing every time - "Dere wuz a firefight guyz!". Really? Because if that's all you're here for, man up, put down the cash for ArmA 3, and go do it right.

Guest John Le Bear

It really depends on how you were moving towards the settlement and how you acted.

If you were running, taking cover, aiming at the settlement etc then the attackers and/or defenders could suspect you as one of the hostile groups involved. I have been a CR at two settlements now and believe me its hard to tell who is who when civilians dont act in a passive manner.

However if you slowly approached the settlement, your gun was lowered, you walked directly there, you were clearly visible then i would report this for RDM as it would be clear you are not involved.

• Legend

This should be indee in the Report-discussion-section. If you want a discussion about that, please make a thread here: http://www.dayzrp.com/f-report-discussion

Make sure you use the right Format. You can find here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-important-changes-read-before-posting

I´m closing this one.

//closed