Server time (UTC): 2023-02-04 12:51

Raids at restart

Tempest

is it right that clans (Ska and other bandit clans) raid at restart so if they loose the battle there gear cant get taken?? I think not so i would like that body's stay after restarts because earlier we had a raid of 20+ people and they waited till the server restart to pop up to raid us.

is it right that clans (Ska and other bandit clans) raid at restart so if they loose the battle there gear cant get taken?? I think not so i would like that body's stay after restarts because earlier we had a raid of 20+ people and they waited till the server restart to pop up to raid us.

That was not the intention at all. We initiated the raid at the one hour mark. We did not predict the fight to go for that long.

Not to mention the fact that the fight was not about gear at all. It was a revenge attack due to you capturing and killing one of our men.

• Sapphire

That was not the intention at all. We initiated the raid at the one hour mark. We did not predict the fight to go for that long.

Not to mention the fact that the fight was not about gear at all. It was a revenge attack due to you capturing and killing one of our men.

You guys always go for the raid at the 1 hour mark, and rush at the 1 minute mark if you guys are locked down.

And not only that, from what I've heard, SKA goes on S2 and S3 to gear up, and then raid on S1.

Also never seen much RP from SKA when I've been around them.

Neither VOLKI or SASR killed or robbed anyone, ARMY captured Nika and TWS wrecked you in a chopper chase, SASR or Volki didnt do anything to you guys today. That RP reason doesnt make sense

We do not aim to attack any settlements before restarts. Attacks do on occasion take longer than expected an we will take this in to consideration next time. When you rob and kill an SKA members you can't expect us to sit the re and twiddle our thumbs. Of course we are going to retaliate.

As for no providing RP. I find that quite a ridiculous accusation. Multiple respected members of this community can vouch for the quality of RP that we provide. It is quite common knowledge that the majority of bandit role play occurs post fight or post hostility. Although, we do try to provide some hostile banter during the fight. (Really enjoyed that with the Lost and Found boys today)

If you feel rules have been broken then go ahead and open a report discussion.

Neither VOLKI or SASR killed or robbed anyone, ARMY captured Nika and TWS wrecked you in a chopper chase, SASR or Volki didnt do anything to you guys today. That RP reason doesnt make sense

Nika said on radio before her radio was removed that SASR was her captor. Even if she got that wrong its still a valid RP reason to retaliate as we thought IC that you were the ones who initiated hostilities towards us. It's not like we didn't initiate or anything.

Army's clan logo looked awfully similar to SASR's, considering they also wear the same uniform. I admittedly ID my captors wrong, but throughout the event, I honestly thought that it was SASR who had robbed me. As for shooting you, we only did that after we initiated.

We play on all three servers and I don't see the reason why you bothered to bring this fact up. Many clans play across servers, depending on how full they are during the peak hours.

Guest Tompmal

You guys always go for the raid at the 1 hour mark, and rush at the 1 minute mark if you guys are locked down.

And not only that, from what I've heard, SKA goes on S2 and S3 to gear up, and then raid on S1.

Also never seen much RP from SKA when I've been around them.

I don't understand why you think gearing up on different servers is bad. If you geared up in s3 are you not allowed to go on another server ?

As for no providing RP. I find that quite a ridiculous accusation. Multiple respected members of this community can vouch for the quality of RP that we provide. It is quite common knowledge that the majority of bandit role play occurs post fight or post hostility. Although, we do try to provide some hostile banter during the fight. (Really enjoyed that with the Lost and Found boys today)

Thanks for recognizing our attempts to make the situation a bit more "involved" so to speak... We saw a heli attacking Desal while we were in berezino and we have been friendly with Desal and its people for a while (bringing in fish for them, trading, etc)... So when we saw this we rushed to the scene.

When we got there, SASR and whoever else that was left alive still in the camp recognized Willy's voice and harmonica and told him to get out of there for it was under attack... Willy decided against all reason (hes insane) and ran inside and bunkered down to prepare to weather the storm... The hobos usually have nothing but conventional bolt action rifles or shotguns of some sort and are about the equivalent of William Wallace's brave lads carrying pitchforks into battle against the English.

We fight for the underdogs and we don't really engage in PVP so the RP banter was our way of adding spice to the situation... We were hoping you all would dish out a bit more back at us, but it was still fun... I don't know who it was that I said it to, but i'm going to highlight one particular gem...

This punk tells Willy to shut the fuck up... and Willy.. being a classic gentlemen, tells the boy to respect his elders... adding that;

"I'm old enough to punt your ass right back up into your mother's cavernous orifice and tape it shut so that you can develop further"...

After this there were no longer any remarks made and from this day forward, the hobos ICly will think that they scared off the commies and save Desal this day with their scurry words and the golden harmonica...

*Willy adds some notches to his Harmonica*

Sorry to take this off topic or anything, but I was going to ultimately add my perspective that I felt RP was ultimately lacking from the situation... Im not pointing fingers or getting on a soap box, but I think people would take your attacks with a grain of salt if you gave them some more to work with... OOCly I can almost RP with any given situation and I always will find a way to RP my situation ingame... so thats not a problem for me, but I can see why a lot of people walk away butthurt if you guys do all your raids like you did tonight... We hear all these nasty stories about SKA looming like a black cloud and then we are in the midst of the camp defending it and I could almost hear the crickets it was so quiet... LF had to break the silence everytime and try to reel it back to some RP, but it would get derailed by super serious OOC talk or somethin...

People need to let go of the fear of dying or losing gear or getting so butthurt over being attacked or vice versa... remember why we are here and that everything we do in game should also be for the enjoyment of others you play with... Even a raid can be enjoyable for those defending if done right...

I wanted to see what made SKA so good (i hear you guys are really good at RP and such) and it was sooooooooooo quiet lol.

Anyway! my two cents. I had fun for the first few minutes when we were talking crap to you commies, but I think everyone got a bit bored and burnt out on the situation after that when nobody was making a move and nobody was saying anything for a good half an hour or so.

Cya next time!

Guest The Nightmare

I dont think it should be allowed it would be using the game to your advantage. I was trading at altar one day in a ural and some guy got in with us before restart and after restart when i logged back in i was inside the ural and died. He then took my shit and the ural and left. He used the restart to his advantage. They should have a rule for this kind of stuff.

I believe the opposite is true, most raids start long before restarts and being a tactical game arma is battles quite often drag out even small battles. Arma fights are like chess matches not cod where everyone groups up, rushes in and the fight is over quickly. When ever settlements are involved clans for the most part make multiple iniation attempts due to the fact of people always logging in or entering the firefight area. I always make sure to follow this rule especially after restarts to cover my ass. And stating clans start firefights before downtime as to not lose gear is not true from my experiences. Most people lose track of time and only remember about restarts are going to happen because of the server message, because we get caught up in the game.