Server time (UTC): 2023-02-03 16:50

Start denying people with military backgrounds?

The amount of people that say they were in the military or some special forces group and are all fucking CoD billy badasses has to stop! I am ok when people do that as like a clan thing or are ex-military before the outbreak (my character was an ex-soldier that was physically and mentally unfit for duty in the Red Army), but over at least 75% of people I see are soldiers or in soldier skins. Please start denying those with their "My heli crashed and I was the only survivor, I was in the SAS, Spetznas, Delta Force, SEAL Team 6, Tier One, and other military groups before the outbreak, and I am trained for anything. I remember Sanctuary, there were about 10 CRs (DUTY was a "Paramilitary" group) that just crumbled when 5 or so bandits came and raided the place. Start denying those that wanna be Mr. General Billy Badasson of the (insert highly trained special forces team here), and accept the normal people, like ex-drug dealers, clerks, businessmen, gangsters, and traffic cops. Not every person in Chernarus is a highly trained special forces soldier ready for any situation. #nomoremilitary

I was in a soldier skin today but I am not a soldier plus when I first started out never knew how to use an assault rifle but after joining the Enclave for a while I "learned" how to use military weapons and how to drive plus learning how to do basic first aid stuff. I also hung around fm camp a lot of after that and I use that as an excuse as to being able to blood bag but I almost always say Yes I know how to do it... in theory.

Also yes people should not be restricted

If the background story is good, fucking RP whatever you want to be.

People should not be restricted by guidelines simply because it is overdone.

RP what you want within the limits and you're okay.

And most people who applied with that kind of background end up doing something totally different.

• Legend

Realistically it would probably be mostly military still alive during this outbreak due to the skills and training.

• Titanium

My characters background summarizes into my father was stationed in Chernarus and during the outbreak and mass confusion his chopper's anti-torque was disabled and the chopper plummeted into the bay of chernogorsk. Just because my father was in the air force doesn't mean I am specially trained but,It wont stop me from joining up with a military group at some point and eventually learning those skills from pre-outbreak soldiers. My point is peoples characters would adapt at some point.

• Emerald

Pfft 5 bandits with 20 grenades thats why the sanctuary got attacked so easily

• Emerald

Don't forget the KSVK's and other snipers of various descriptions sniping us from a hill too :P/

• Emerald

Don't forget the KSVK's and other snipers of various descriptions sniping us from a hill too :P/

And if we did survive it all BHM would just roll in take all the loot and be like cya next attack bro's.

Wuv ya though BHM ;)

Generally speaking, anyone can RP anything they want.

I've seen a chap RPing a traffic cop, that pulls over cars to give them tickets.

You can't restrict people for having generic backstories. Sure, there's people out there that can come up with interesting backstories, but some struggle to think outside of the box.

Some people might not be able to RP "Military guys" all that well. Perhaps try giving them some advice, either how to RP better, or a different backstory they can try. Others can manage it pretty damn well, either by being good RPers, or backing it up with military experience.

Still, you can't restrict things. This is DayZRP, not DayZLifeRP.

Guest Tizi808

I've seen a chap RPing a traffic cop, that pulls over cars to give them tickets.

You can't restrict people for having generic backstories. Sure, there's people out there that can come up with interesting backstories, but some struggle to think outside of the box.

Some people might not be able to RP "Military guys" all that well. Perhaps try giving them some advice, either how to RP better, or a different backstory they can try. Others can manage it pretty damn well, either by being good RPers, or backing it up with military experience.

Exactly this right here.

We can't forget that this is also Arma 2, an army simulator...

I just meant all the dumbasses who say "I was ex-spetsnaz general of deltaforcesealteam6saswhateveranyotherspecialforcesgroupsthereare, not those who developed a military role, or adopted stuff from their families, and did good RP as that, but most military people I find either are bandits (you are supposed to protect the people, not steal from them) or don't even remember how to properly shoot a gun or remember what rank they were in the military... I know a lot of people here are good at RP, but a lot of "military" people I find have just miserable roleplay, I remember one guy who was supposedly in "Tier One, SEALs, SAS, and Spetsnaz broke RP entirely and just started OOC talking in voice chat while we were headed back to Sanctuary from Balota. Those people are who I am talking about.

No grenades were thrown during that, I spent the whole time sitting behind a wall while hearing gunshots, my game crashed about 30 seconds in, and it took me around 20 minutes before I could join back in. When I spawned back in, I entered Sanctuary to find the bodies of Juggs, the man that broke character a day before, and all the CRs and Juggs's bodyguards. When I was still in-game I heard a "YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO DROP YOUR WEAPONS OR YOU WILL BE SHOT!" come from two civilians in the front. No grenades, no snipers, just a few people raiding the base.

• Emerald

I just meant all the dumbasses who say "I was ex-spetsnaz general of deltaforcesealteam6saswhateveranyotherspecialforcesgroupsthereare, not those who developed a military role, or adopted stuff from their families, and did good RP as that, but most military people I find either are bandits (you are supposed to protect the people, not steal from them) or don't even remember how to properly shoot a gun or remember what rank they were in the military... I know a lot of people here are good at RP, but a lot of "military" people I find have just miserable roleplay, I remember one guy who was supposedly in "Tier One, SEALs, SAS, and Spetsnaz broke RP entirely and just started OOC talking in voice chat while we were headed back to Sanctuary from Balota. Those people are who I am talking about.

No grenades were thrown during that, I spent the whole time sitting behind a wall while hearing gunshots, my game crashed about 30 seconds in, and it took me around 20 minutes before I could join back in. When I spawned back in, I entered Sanctuary to find the bodies of Juggs, the man that broke character a day before, and all the CRs and Juggs's bodyguards. When I was still in-game I heard a "YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO DROP YOUR WEAPONS OR YOU WILL BE SHOT!" come from two civilians in the front. No grenades, no snipers, just a few people raiding the base.

That may have been one attack but when i was a cr there i had to put up with atleast 3 or 4 attacks a day in which most of the time it was a certain group obviously duping ksvk (no names) and people who did not want to attempt to have a fun fire fight so they would throw 3 or 4 grenades across the wall ask any ex duty member and they will agree with me also this is getting off topic so i will stay silent now.

• Emerald

I'm pretty sure everyone isn't a super ninja extreme soldier for their back ground story.

My back ground story is that of a rescue pilot.

So no we shouldn't deny people entry to RP because of that.

The background they use in their application could be completely different fro the one they use ingame, blocking those who use military backgrounds for their whitelist apps will achieve nothing but stop potentially good RPr's from joining.

I've been thinking there's a lack of military.

Where have you been recently, theres tones of em!

I agree with the OP it's becoming obsured!

In a Zombie Apocalypse environment the Military is going to survive a lot easier than Civilians. But even though this is he problem I admit that there's little civilians.

This, you can't deny people even if their story is mainstream.

Of course it can't hurt having players with original roles and story but not all the player who start with military background will stick with it. They might change completely their roleplay once they get bored of being a military.

• Emerald

I don't think its fair to say this, I mean sure we have a overflow of players with military backgrounds but this is a RP server and thats their choice to have a military background...if we deny players with these type of backgrounds, would that be kinda like forcing RP or something along those lines..."No...you were not in the military, you were a chef...blah blah blah!" I don't know if I'm correct with this but just my opinions :)

You can't deny military backgrounds necessarily. Applications are accepted and denied based on the quality of their back story as it is, the admins know an acceptable one from a bad one and stop the many poor back stories already. Whats to stop Joe Bloggs from writing a civilian background then becoming a spec ops guy after his whitelist has been accepted? I dislike unoriginal military backgrounds like most, but to ban that sort of story is highly difficult.

• Emerald

People can roleplay whatever they want, but listen:

Normal people would die because of panic, stupid shit or whatever. But people with military backround have a higher chance of survival. Thats why there are more.

Btw you can be in a military clan without being supersoldierwhatever.

Eg, my charakter used to be a lawyer. I had to learn everything and i always try to negotiate.

But i agree that more civs would improve RP.