Server time (UTC): 2023-02-04 12:09

Warned for apologizing

Guest Kilgore

Guest Kilgore

Link to report :LINK

Why the verdict is not fair : I apologized to him, for using a word that he was offended with. So I will be using a different word that is not homophobic, but was warned due to lack of respect and immaturity?

Additional statements/comments explaining your PoV (in details) : I like to say insults in game, this is the apocalypse, not a Disney World. I said faggot in game, I had to bring it up in the report because that's what I said. I'm not homophobic at all.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal : Get all of my points removed, I apologized to him and said I would use a different word in game.

What could you have done better? : Well I apologized, maybe not apologies at all?

• MVP

I'd believe you said that with the best intentions and not as a sarcastic remark, if you didn't report Apfelsator's post shortly after. If you really considered him pointing out the word "faggot" isn't appropriate to be flame-bait, then how am I to believe your "apology" was sincere and not dripping with sarcasm?

Guest Kilgore

I reported him because he reported me for apologizing to him, I had 0%, and I've had a low warning level for some time. Now I have 17 percent, how am I expected to feel, I was pretty annoyed. “lack of maturity and respect towards another member of the community in a report discussion.” I did have respect because I said I was sorry. Am I not allowed to say insults in game? Or on the forums stating what I will say in game next time?

It had totally nothing to do with the report, I apologized to him and corrected myself. Yet I was still warned.

Guest Kilgore

I didn't expect to achieve anything. I was reported for apologizing, he had literally no reason to post his comment in the Report Discussion. His opinion on something so irrelevant had no place in the post.

If he was offended by what was said, then he should have contacted me personally, his post was flame-baiting as he was looking for a reaction and it was de-railing the report. I can't see the logic behind punishing someone when they've actually apologized for something. Why exactly was I reported as I'm struggling to understand why I've been punished.

Could a member of staff not contacted me and gave a verbal warning, or posted in the thread telling Apfel to keep his posts on-topic? The post offended no one, there was no insult behind it.

• Legend

It honestly does not seem like a genuine apology to me. It seems more like you are saying I will insult you in whatever way I feel like it and you can deal with it.

If you didn't intend to inflame the issue then you could have easily explained that your character uses a heavy amount of profanities and you will avoid using those that could cause extreme offence. That would have sounded more more sincere. This bring me onto my next point. What you could have done better is not apologize? Not the best way to convince me the points are unwarranted.

• MVP

After reviewing the case with other GMs and admins, we've came up with this:

Your attitude in this appeal leaves a great deal to be desired. You act like you did nothing wrong and claim that the only way to improve on your attitude is to "not apologies at all". This is seriously making a joke out of the appeal process as you do not mention how "better you could have done". When challenged about the comment you made in game you decided to make what can easily be viewed as a comment only intended to further create drama.

Appeal denied.