Server time: 2017-08-24, 07:03

Sign in to follow this  
Pantsinabucket

Other ways of torture?

I want to see if some friends want to make a romanesque holy clan, but I need to know a way of torture for those who fail to believe, after watching Life of Brian and seeing the "always look on the bright side of life" scene, I want to be able to crucify people as a form of torture, where they are stuck up there until they are let down by someone else. I also really want to see hanging in this game, or a guillotine. It would make executions a LOT cooler. But, I know we can't put this in the game... But it would be amazing if we could.

Slute    1

Run them over with cars? Not sure if you can do this without killing them though.

You can roleplay torturing people if they are willing too but implementing guillotine and stuff like this won't probably happen.

I'm sure if you are creative you can find a tons of other interesting idea for the roleplay :P

Well you could always make them get eaten by Infected.

Just make sure it's "Ok" with them if you don't want to get reported. If you would roleplay torturing me by exemple, I wouldn't mind but it might be different with other people !

Carved_    7

Well you could always make them get eaten by Infected.

Just make sure it's "Ok" with them if you don't want to get reported. If you would roleplay torturing me by exemple, I wouldn't mind but it might be different with other people !

My character isn't torturing people, so i won't have any problems like that :D

Roleplay it.

Use text.

*Bashes you with the gun* or *Prepares a knife to cut off your fingers*

I know that, but I want to just gather all those unholy bastards and crucify them in the name of our holy lord and savior. Even though I'm jewish so I don't give two shits about christ...

This server doesn't encourage execution or torture anyway so don't expect anything in that sense.

Also -1 from me, this only appeals to one group, not the server as whole.

This server doesn't encourage execution or torture anyway

What?

Clans execute and torture each other ALL the time.

I know but it's not focus of gameplay.

You'r not encouraged to execute an enemy or capture and torture prisoners.

Owen    13

Roleplay it.

Use text.

*Bashes you with the gun* or *Prepares a knife to cut off your fingers*

This is what I normally see when people start to torture others.

Vasily Malyy    10

This server doesn't encourage execution or torture anyway

What?

Clans execute and torture each other ALL the time.

I know but it's not focus of gameplay.

You'r not encouraged to execute an enemy or capture and torture prisoners.

Yeah, we'll I'm not encouraged to help everyone and give them blood bags, etc.

So what is the focus of gameplay? But it doesn't matter, we can still further advance the other non-focuses of gameplay.

ktbur    9

Shoot there legs and Leave them to be in the middle of no were.

But, You need to treat others you wish to be treated.

~Stone

Not allowed to do this, by the way. Even if you're enemy clans. You'll get reported for griefing.

As for torture roleplay, try to be creative. For example, you can roleplay pulling out people's teeth, sledgehamering their hands, dunking them repeatedly in water... Just to name a few. Think outside the constraints of the game mechanics.

In your opinion, in the form of torture how far can people take things? I enjoy the odd breaking of a leg but to me its very cliche, one injection of morphine and you're magically able to walk again. Breaking a leg is pretty evil, but how far can we take it?

This is a tricky one. Different people draw different lines.

In my opinion, I'd say you have three "tiers", so to speak.

Tier 1 - The soft stuff. Okay without consent.

I'd say bruising people(using them as punching bags), breaking legs, cutting them a little and maybe break bones is okay. Cutting off earlobes, even. This can include shooting them as well.

Tier 2 - The rough stuff. Okay only with mutual consent.

Once you go into things like gouging eyes out, decapitating limbs or cutting off entire ears and noses, then you're doing permanent damage to characters that will greatly affect them, and they have no real way to prevent this unless the torture is an interrigation. So that's where I'd draw the line. Of course if this is done in mutual OOC consent, then I suppose its okay.

Tier 3 - The prohibited stuff. Not okay.

Then we have the truly horrible stuff that's just a no-no. That usually means things like sexual assault or castrating people. That's a big no-no in my book.

That about covers my opinion on that, I think.

Bill    0

We had two hostages "Fish for Freedom".

We asked them OOC if they had some time for a "situation", they said sure.

They enjoyed themselves and we even gave them their Hilux back as a reward.

My problem is that there aren't game mechanics like this, so then you have to wait for the "mutual consent" in OOC, sort of ruining the tension building up, because they will know that is coming, and most probably won't say yes to that...

Guest Feerless   
Guest Feerless

My clothing has a huge ass knife on my leg so I just threaten them with that and if they don't talk, they will never talk again...