Server time: 2017-08-24, 10:27

Sign in to follow this  
Doc

Stop The Debug-Bases, Car-Finding Helicopter Clans, And etc.

Doc    3

Here's The Account of Why I'm Actually Writing This

READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE MAKING A COMMENT. BE RESPECTFUL IN THE COMMENTS AND POST YOUR OPINIONS AND THOUGHTS.

Since my character is a Russian mountain man, he lives relatively close to the "border" (A.K.A- Chernarus map and Debug). Just yesterday he had been sitting by his camp attending his fire when all of a sudden a yellow ural, huey, and mi-17 pass just to his left. Being a solemn man who hasn't had much contact with the outside world in 25 years, my character waves, shoots his gun up in the air, throws down a white smoke grenade, and moves to get their attention. All this was to no avail because the ural drove further into the "Mountains" (A.K.A- Debug Zone) the mi-17 flew further into the mountains, and the huey (showing up a minute or two later) hovers above me for a while not saying or doing a thing and pulls out and fly's back down south. Interested in what was going on further into the mountains, my character goes into the "Mountains" to find the ural stopped with one person gutting a cow and the mi-17 hovering. Again, my character waves, but the huey doesn't respond in any way and fly's even further into the debug zone. The ural pulls off and heads northwest into the debug zone. OOC-ly saddened by what I witnessed, I made my character go back to his base. The next day, I come back on to find my tenting gone(possibly run over) so I go back on to server 2 to retrieve my other tent(Both my base on S2 and S1 are in the exact same spot). The day after that I come on to find one of my steel hedgehogs removed and a significant amount of gear missing.

What the Hell People

Care to explain what was going on?

-Obviously these vehicles( maybe bot the huey) were going to their debug hideout before the server restart. I understand clans are sick and tired of people taking their vehicles, but that's why there is a thing called protection. Don't go and hide 200 miles into the debug zone! Personally I find that a act of meta-gaming. My suggestion is to have a base in the woods or some abandoned area on the map, and set up a schedule of people to come on and watch the base.

-On another note that wasn't touched upon in this post is the over-powered clans with helicopters who just fly around looking for vehicles, helicopter crashes, and player camps. Its sickening and unfair to all those true role-players on this server who have to walk everywhere. Yesterday, I found a blue betty van fully repaired in the woods. It was getting low on gas so I went back to my base to refuel. I accidently crashed it and logged off since it was late. I had no intension of repairing it whatsoever. Coming back on today, I see its missing. Hmmmm? Van completely submerged in trees and foliage in the middle of fucking now where, gets instantly repair and driven to god knows where. I might be pointing fingers, but I assume that it was some clan helicopter searching for vehicles and etc that saw it, radioed in their comrades to repair it, and took it back to there base. This has to STOP! If you have a helicopter, then you are already on top. You don't need anything more! Maybe you can have one vehicles, but when you just keep taking and taking, its not fair.

-My base being trampled either shows that a group or person with a car who travels that area regularly(most likely to hide their shit in the debug zone) knew that someone was starting to build up a stash and just wanted to take everything to be a dick. Again, I believe this highly unfair to those how come across loot honestly, instead of robbing people using the same "Drop your guns, backpack, radio, and then run in whatever direction we tell you" routine. I understand player placed items disappear if not interact with, but I was constantly on in that area to check if such things were to happen.

My Suggestions

1. Make a rule about preventing debug zone player bases.

2. Make a rule stating that poor rp use of helicopters to search and destroy player made bases and vehicles is an offense to the community.

3. Make a rule demanding proper treatment of player made bases (Tent, sandbags, stashes, etc.

Declaimer

Being in a state of rage, I have been pointing fingers an dpossibly using facts that I am not 100% sure of.

You cant make bases in debug or keep vehicles there, I once made one too close to the "debug", server restarted and it all disapeared.

Cid    333

I can agree with your first suggestion. There should be no debug bases at all. You shouldn't be able to hide all your gear/vehicles in a place where you are almost positive no one is going to check because it isn't even part of the map. That's ridiculous.

EDIT: Off of what Assassin said, I was also quite positive that debug would do that to you on server restart. If you have a screenshot we could probably clarify if it was really debug or not.

Doc    3

You cant make bases in debug or keep vehicles there, I once made one too close to the "debug", server restarted and it all disapeared.

Ok. I Understand what you are saying, but it seems like clans just head into the debug zone for some reason, before restarts.

Rolle    2477

Ok. I Understand what you are saying, but it seems like clans just head into the debug zone for some reason, before restarts.

That's the thing, they can't. If they try to place a tent or stash or park vehicles anywhere near the border those will be deleted next restart. Besides it is well known that clans usually have their storage in forests near the border.

Doc    3

That's the thing, they can't. If they try to place a tent or stash or park vehicles anywhere near the border those will be deleted next restart. Besides it is well known that clans usually have their storage in forests near the border.

Ok thanks for clarifying Rolle. However, I would still like an end to the destruction player bases(Tents, Sandbags, Tank Traps, etc.) and the OP use of clans using helicopters to locate vehicles and tents.

Guest Tizi808   
Guest Tizi808

Ok thanks for clarifying Rolle. However, I would still like an end to the destruction player bases(Tents, Sandbags, Tank Traps, etc.) and the OP use of clans using helicopters to locate vehicles and tents.

Huey's are a huge advantage to anyone who has them.

I bet if you found one, you would be looking for vehicles, camps, and heli crashes.

Doc    3

Huey's are a huge advantage to anyone who has them.

I bet if you found one, you would be looking for vehicles, camps, and heli crashes.

Actually, no I wouldn't. I would have the respect not to do things like that to anyone who has mustered the time on this "video game" to repair a car, find a tent and make a little camp, or stash some gear away.

Doc    3

Anything in the debug area gets reset after restart anyhow.

I understand this now, but I would like other explanations for the other problems I mentioned.

Mads    0

For some clans it would make no sense not to look for heli crashes. Take the old NRF they where in firefights everyday and lost men everyday. They need to be able to get gear before the next firefight. It makes sense in an RP way for some people

I would not pick you up either. No much risk of you causing trouble. You wont see helicopters giving out rides.

Stop for one second will ya!

If a clan has choppers, why would they need a car or other vehicles?

Stop pointing fingers whenever you see a chopper flying around perhaps?

You see a chopper, you come back later and your base is gone, and you blame it on the chopper/pilot of said chopper?

R Steele    0

He does have a point as to how choppers make it to easy to spot things in the forest due to the way foliage spawns in when you fly over at the right altitudes. That is 1 reason there has been suggestions in the past to remove helicopters from the server

Upshot    0

The other thread/poll saying they can force first person in helicopters would certainly help this.

GO first person!