Possible Event - PvE

Your opinion of the event ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion of the event ?

• Yeah I demand this.
    • Depends on how it was done.
    • No..Just don't.

Fraser    0

After reading the posts on the event section on the form about the Invasion event series in which players work together in order to fight back a zombie horde. I thought that maybe we could organize an event in which you had to clear out an area maybe altar castle or a custom built settlement of an infestation. As a big fan of the Walking Dead TV series there is a couple of episodes where they clear zombies out of a prison in order to make it inhabitable. I thought maybe we could have something similar to this. I would say maybe about 20 players. Probably split up into squads of 5. Gunner(Ak-74), Medic(hatchets+meds), and 3 people with hatchets/pistols.I guess it would have to be set up with zombie spawner's and after a certain amount of zombies or a certain amount of time had passed they would be halted. My knowledge of the editor is decent as in I would be able to build a camp if necessary however I am unsure about how to get the zombies to spawn. The event would probably take 1-2 hours.

Please post any things you would like to see added or if you wish it to go ahead.

*This is just a suggestion if all goes well I will try to organize this.*

Onionjack    0

Sounds very much events what Tomeran is organising, can't say yet I'd need to know more first before voting. I'd love to see more events, but they should be original and not with same style

Owen    13

Sounds good though you need a lot of support for this. Any way good luck.

Kravock    1

The admins go around creating events like this around random groups of players and settlements.

Fraser    0

Sounds very much events what Tomeran is organising, can't say yet I'd need to know more first before voting. I'd love to see more events, but they should be original and not with same style

I guess it is kind of similar but Tomeran has more of a Defensive type thing going on I think. This is more the offensive to clear out a settlement.

Sounds good though you need a lot of support for this. Any way good luck.

Thanks very much :)

Carved_    7

Sounds like zombie invasion made different.

They should be when there is a new settlement.

First clean out, then live there. Sounds awesome

Tomeran    3

Going on the offensive is nice enough, but there's one potential problem here: It'll be too easy.

DayZ players are demi-gods in the sense that they can slaughter hundreds of zombies. If we form "armies" to take a stationary location, you'd need this stationary location packed to the brim(like litterly packed like sardines) with superzombies to make any sort of challenge for the squad meant to clear it out. Even then I think it'll be too easy if you have 20 players.

This is the primary reason the invasion events are built around the concept of "holding a location" against a zombie onslaught. It makes more sense for a near never-ending horde(which provides enough numbers to be challenging) to move around like that then for one to stay stationary in a settlement. Even then, in a settlement, it doesnt really make sense to constantly activate the zombie spawners to bring in more zombies. "Oh, we didnt check that corner. There's 50 more zeds there."

Whilst in a horde in the open, you have the horde arriving perhaps a hundred at a time.

I dont object to the idea and concept of "clearing out settlements", perhaps it can be done as RP preparation for establishing a settlement, but I dont see a way(until we have bloodsuckers) for it to be sufficently challenging to be entertaining. But perhaps people would find the RP it would spawn sufficent enough, im not sure.

Kravock    1

Going on the offensive is nice enough, but there's one potential problem here: It'll be too easy.

DayZ players are demi-gods in the sense that they can slaughter hundreds of zombies. If we form "armies" to take a stationary location, you'd need this stationary location packed to the brim(like litterly packed like sardines) with superzombies to make any sort of challenge for the squad meant to clear it out. Even then I think it'll be too easy if you have 20 players.

This is the primary reason the invasion events are built around the concept of "holding a location" against a zombie onslaught. It makes more sense for a near never-ending horde(which provides enough numbers to be challenging) to move around like that then for one to stay stationary in a settlement. Even then, in a settlement, it doesnt really make sense to constantly activate the zombie spawners to bring in more zombies. "Oh, we didnt check that corner. There's 50 more zeds there."

Whilst in a horde in the open, you have the horde arriving perhaps a hundred at a time.

I dont object to the idea and concept of "clearing out settlements", perhaps it can be done as RP preparation for establishing a settlement, but I dont see a way(until we have bloodsuckers) for it to be sufficently challenging to be entertaining. But perhaps people would find the RP it would spawn sufficent enough, im not sure.

I like how you sneakily put bloodsuckers in there ;)

Fraser    0

I understand what you mean maybe the players maybe it could be lowered to a more sufficient number. It could take place in an area with an underground part and the zombies could be said to be coming from the tunnels below ? I guess.

ShinzoFTW    0

I am excited and terrified at the same time

Fraser    0

I am excited and terrified at the same time

Maybe if the server was hosted separately we could add them :o ?