Server time: 2017-08-21, 12:23

Sign in to follow this  
ExecutorPallin

Bullying

This is something I'm sure that many people are familiar with, myself included.

Share your experiences, be they old or new and how you dealt with them, or get advice on what to do.

I'll start.

So, in early Junior High (6th and 7th grade) I was fairly overweight. Had always been into games and computers and as such lived a fairly sedentary lifestyle. All of my socializing had been done though a screen and not in person, so I had absolutely 0 confidence. I always got the occasional "fatass" or "man tits" comment, but I tried to shrug it off. Let me tell you from experience: don't.

After receiving shit for a solid year for my weight, I basically caved. I lived on steak and bean burritos and water and all I did was exercise and sleep. I shredded crazy amounts of weight but it wasn't healthy. I still kinda regret doing it the way I did. Sure, I was lean and had like 12% body fat, but I wasn't happy. I had absolutely no confidence in myself. I still don't a lot of the time.

The shit will keep coming for different reasons. If you think you're being bullied because of your weight, trust me, you aren't. You're being bullied because people are dicks. Simple as that. I'm not saying losing weight is bad, but do it because you want to, not because there's some perceived social demand for it. And if someone tells you something that's meant to hurt you, don't just shrug it off. Fight back. People are a lot less likely to stick their noses where it hurts.

This is all being done from a phone at midnight so I'm pretty exhausted. Forgive any errors.

I was bullied for diffrent reasons. From beign fat to having curly hair, i heard it all. Like you said it's not you it's that people are dicks and they do it for the amusment of others to make themselves look better infront of other people.

Going to tue school councler helped. But only for a month.

I confronted the dicks they kept mocking me when i wanted a peacfull conversation and then i snapt. I knocked one out. The others were pussies and didn't intervine. They were schocked that a "pussy" like me can punch somone that hard.

They didn't mock me anymore. Atleast infront of my face.

Almond    1

In 6th and 7th, all my friends pretty much ditched me within a week. I went from one of the popular kids, to the kid who no one talks to, and sits in the library all lunch. It got to the point where I would play on my Xbox for 6 hours or more each school day. I was addicted because I was lost, really. I had no friends, and no one to talk to, so I shut myself off from the real world, and made new friends in my virtual world.

I find video games helped me through the tough time. It gave me a place to release all my sadness, anger, and I found more people to talk to on there, then ever before.

Of course, for me, you could say it was my fault. Maybe I pissed them off somehow, maybe they just got bored of me, but in your case, it wasn't your fault. And it just pisses me off to hear shit like this still happens today, even with all the efforts our country has put in to anti-bulling campaigns.

Rabiid    0

I was bullied from the age of 12 right through to last year, there was this one kid who never left me alone, him and his group of 'so called friends' always made the effort to pick on me everyday. It was sometimes little things like calling my a pussy or fat to much bigger things like slamming my head into the door and hospitalizing me.

With me being that shy kid i never stuck up for myself and with me having social anxiety and depression that never made talking to someone easy as well. so i just kept quiet never saying anything to anyone.

It was one night where i though about ending it all, taking a bunch of pills and never having to deal with people again. But then i thought about it, Killing myself? what will that achieve? it would just hurt my friends and family around me from my selfish act that i was thinking of doing. So I put the pills away and went to bed.

The next day i was walking to my science class and the guy came up and slammed a book in my face and making my nose bleed. I snapped. I pulled him towards me and i punched him once which knocked him into the ground and i then started to kick him on the ground. I was never an angry dude but i just couldn't take it anymore. My teacher pulled me off of him and i was sent to the headmasters office while the kid who bullied me was left on the ground unconscious.

I was told by headmaster that i couldn't attend the school anymore. I was kicked out that day so i went home. I found out by a very good friend of mine that i had broke the bullies nose and cheek bone. and he was going to get away with no punishment what so ever. All that torment i had been but through for all those years and the bully gets off completely free.

After two months had passed i got a phone call from may old headmaster. I was told that i could come back to school tomorrow. apparently alot of students vouched for me saying that i was defending myself and that i had been bullied all those years.

I now have been back at school for 7 months, I have now lost all the weight i had and i have been working hard at the gym to get more muscle. I also have the girl of my dreams, she was one of the only people who were not complete assholes to me and we have been together for 3 months tomorrow. But the best part is i am treated like i am human now. The bully came up with tears in his eyes and apologized to me in front of alot of people and now i feel like i have something worth living for in life. :)

Major Tom    78

Hmm, I usually don't like sharing anything about my personal life through the internet. I prefer to stay closed. Regardless, here goes.

I can't really say I've been bullied. At least not the extent some other people in this thread have been. I've certainly never been hospitalised. I'd say the worst I've had is the odd punch or kick. Nothing critical.

It mostly started when I was younger. About 11 or 12 years old. I used to get really fucking mad and stressed over the smallest of things. People would purposely try and frustrate me just to watch me go absolutely ballistic. I can see why it was funny for them, but at the time I felt like smacking all their faces in. Problem was, I'm a twig. If I punched an ant it would make a dent in my hand. So for a few years I had loads of people just stealing my books and making me chase them and a whole manner of weird shit. Luckily my school is pish posh tea and crumpets, so they're pretty damn strict. If you punch someone too hard that it becomes noticeable (black eye, bleeding etc etc) then you get suspended/expelled. If you didn't leave a mark though, the teachers wouldn't notice. That's how most bullies did it, they'd hurt you where it didn't leave a big mark.

I eventually managed to deal with my stress and anger. I just learnt to not react so violently to such pointless things. If they got joy from seeing me angry, I would stop being angry. Simple. It kinda worked, really. People don't try very hard to annoy me on purpose anymore. I try and carry that through to today too. If I feel myself getting too angry, I'll remind myself that being angry isn't needed, and I'll calm down. I try to, anyways.

Nowadays however, the bullying is a bit different. It's nothing bad, just different. Like many others, I got absorbed in my virtual friends instead of real ones so I'm not very social. My nickname in school is 'ghost' because I'm really fucking pale and no one knows who I am. It's a cool nickname, just not a cool meaning. When I first started the senior years of school, I never spoke to anyone or did anything. I never went to social events and I didn't get to know anyone. This lead me to be a bit of a social outcast, which is a shame because I've grown more confident over the years. I'm now in my final years of school and I know basically everyone now, and I talk much more often and with more confidence. Sadly though, impressions die hard. People still consider me as a quiet and weird person that doesn't know anyone. Shame, but not much I can do about that.

There's also this one kid who constantly says my name in a really silly voice whenever he sees me. I don't know why. I think he finds my reactions funny, but to be honest I just kinda blank stare him and go "what?". I don't get it. He also likes to ask me really awkward questions like "How many girls have you fucked?" and "Is your sister hot?". Basically really personal questions that no one shares the answers to unless you trust them. He's a strange kid, but I'm starting to ignore him.

Also in terms of being more invested in my internet friends, I don't see that as an issue. Just because you don't talk face to face doesn't make them less real. When you talk to someone on the internet, they're a real person. They're sitting at their computer with their own lives and worries and hobbies and friends and issues and problems and... everything, really. They're a real person. I don't see having internet friends as an antisocial thing, it's a very social thing. It's just a shame that talking to them requires sitting at a computer, otherwise people would see it as way more normal.

I'm lucky that bullies in my life have not been too big of an issue. I'm thankful for that.

EDIT: But if any of them saw my DayZRP profile and posts, whoa boy that would be a tough situation to explain!

Hmm, I usually don't like sharing anything about my personal life through the internet. I prefer to stay closed. Regardless, here goes.

I can't really say I've been bullied. At least not the extent some other people in this thread have been. I've certainly never been hospitalised. I'd say the worst I've had is the odd punch or kick. Nothing critical.

It mostly started when I was younger. About 11 or 12 years old. I used to get really fucking mad and stressed over the smallest of things. People would purposely try and frustrate me just to watch me go absolutely ballistic. I can see why it was funny for them, but at the time I felt like smacking all their faces in. Problem was, I'm a twig. If I punched an ant it would make a dent in my hand. So for a few years I had loads of people just stealing my books and making me chase them and a whole manner of weird shit. Luckily my school is pish posh tea and crumpets, so they're pretty damn strict. If you punch someone too hard that it becomes noticeable (black eye, bleeding etc etc) then you get suspended/expelled. If you didn't leave a mark though, the teachers wouldn't notice. That's how most bullies did it, they'd hurt you where it didn't leave a big mark.

I eventually managed to deal with my stress and anger. I just learnt to not react so violently to such pointless things. If they got joy from seeing me angry, I would stop being angry. Simple. It kinda worked, really. People don't try very hard to annoy me on purpose anymore. I try and carry that through to today too. If I feel myself getting too angry, I'll remind myself that being angry isn't needed, and I'll calm down. I try to, anyways.

Nowadays however, the bullying is a bit different. It's nothing bad, just different. Like many others, I got absorbed in my virtual friends instead of real ones so I'm not very social. My nickname in school is 'ghost' because I'm really fucking pale and no one knows who I am. It's a cool nickname, just not a cool meaning. When I first started the senior years of school, I never spoke to anyone or did anything. I never went to social events and I didn't get to know anyone. This lead me to be a bit of a social outcast, which is a shame because I've grown more confident over the years. I'm now in my final years of school and I know basically everyone now, and I talk much more often and with more confidence. Sadly though, impressions die hard. People still consider me as a quiet and weird person that doesn't know anyone. Shame, but not much I can do about that.

There's also this one kid who constantly says my name in a really silly voice whenever he sees me. I don't know why. I think he finds my reactions funny, but to be honest I just kinda blank stare him and go "what?". I don't get it. He also likes to ask me really awkward questions like "How many girls have you fucked?" and "Is your sister hot?". Basically really personal questions that no one shares the answers to unless you trust them. He's a strange kid, but I'm starting to ignore him.

Also in terms of being more invested in my internet friends, I don't see that as an issue. Just because you don't talk face to face doesn't make them less real. When you talk to someone on the internet, they're a real person. They're sitting at their computer with their own lives and worries and hobbies and friends and issues and problems and... everything, really. They're a real person. I don't see having internet friends as an antisocial thing, it's a very social thing. It's just a shame that talking to them requires sitting at a computer, otherwise people would see it as way more normal.

I'm lucky that bullies in my life have not been too big of an issue. I'm thankful for that.

EDIT: But if any of them saw my DayZRP profile and posts, whoa boy that would be a tough situation to explain!

Thanks for being so open about this topic, all of you. It's rare to find people who are willing to share this kind of stuff over the internet.

Tom's situation relates to me pretty well, except I was on the other end of the weight spectrum. I loved my last year of junior high and my first couple years of High School, but some issues have basically kicked my legs out from under me and I'm quite a ways away from being "okay" again.

Reptile449    0

Could be worse, imagine if they found your PMs. ;)

I never really got bullied, but I know how people feel about not being very social or interactive at school or with people in person.

I spent a bunch of time writing something here, but then decided I was just being weird so I'll just say this. I didn't make many friends and was weird at first, I read lots of books, worked hard, played video games all the time and didn't go out much. This has changed in recent years but I'm still unsociable at uni.

Online video games are weird in that they can drag you away from real life matters but at the same time playing with friends can help keep you from become too isolated. It's a weird place you can get stuck in for years.

Slute    1

Sadly Bullying is beginning to be a huge problem in the world. I myself have never been bullied to an extent I would remember. Theres comments here and there that could bring me down but I ignore them and live on.

Even though I do not get bullied I try hard to stop it. One day in Highschool I saw a new freshman getting bullied for his weight by 2 other freshman. Being a senior myself in that year I went up to them and confronted them, telling them to "Fuck off, or in a little bit your Highschool Experience is going to be hell". I remember this time because the Freshmans face was ecstatic. He said thank you atleast 5 times, and I actually ended up becoming good friends with him, and as far as I know he is now one of the most popular kids at my school.

That experience has encouraged me to help as much as I can. My 1st year in college, I am proud to say, I have seen little to no bullying on my campus. Everyone treats each other fairly, and nobody judges. Just remember it gets better from here.

Could be worse, imagine if they found your PMs. ;)

I never really got bullied, but I know how people feel about not being very social or interactive at school or with people in person.

I spent a bunch of time writing something here, but then decided I was just being weird so I'll just say this. I didn't make many friends and was weird at first, I read lots of books, worked hard, played video games all the time and didn't go out much. This has changed in recent years but I'm still unsociable at uni.

Online video games are weird in that they can drag you away from real life matters but at the same time playing with friends can help keep you from become too isolated. It's a weird place you can get stuck in for years.

I'd love for you to share, no judging here.

It's always nice to hear people's stories and I like to help if at all possible.

What I have gathered there are no bullies in certain countries like my own (Greece). This bully thing is something seen a lot in the US and the UK. The only problem fat kids had in school years is that they couldn't get any girls. Apart from that everything was cool. Apart from that, whoever you are and however you look like you got to stand up for yourself.

naury42    0

What Barbara said. Twelve years in school and I have never really seen bullying as it is. Like just 1 guy always doing sth bad, no, never seen it. Im not talking about random fights between children and so, but thats just normal.

Ironicman    7

Been bullied and solved it with attempted Voluntary manslaughter when i snapped

Later on destroyed a bully his bike when i snapped

Later on kicked the bully of the bike when i didnt snap but just got annoyed

Annddd.. later on the whole school helped me with a guy once wich was nice

and later on i didnt get any of these sitations cause of Self defelopment and all

so now Conflict clean for years now get along with anybody now :)

Burgz    6

Wasn't particularly bullied or at least directed at, there was just a guy that liked to mess people around, punching them and stuff.

I snapped one day when we were playing cricket or something, he wanted the ball, as did someone else, I threw it to the other person, so the 'bully' came over and laughed at me, punching me in the arm, I laughed a long with him, acting as if I didn't care...then I one banged him, straight in the face, he dropped to the floor, chased me with a bat of some sort, crying the whole time, and didn't fuck with me again...

Apart from that, whoever you are and however you look like you got to stand up for yourself.

>Small

>Weak as fuck

>Couldn't hurt a fly

That's a really arrogant way to look at it. Telling someone to "man up" isn't an option for some people.

Apart from that, whoever you are and however you look like you got to stand up for yourself.

>Small

>Weak as fuck

>Couldn't hurt a fly

That's a really arrogant way to look at it. Telling someone to "man up" isn't an option for some people.

You serious now? There is plenty of ways to so call "man up" than to hurt someone or fight with them.

>Small

>Weak as fuck

>Couldn't hurt a fly

You serious now? There is plenty of ways to so call "man up" than to hurt someone or fight with them.

So you mean it as to just ignore it? Please read the other stories about how that isn't possible.

TrilbyAsh    6

Bullying...Bullying has been a lifelong issue for me. From the moment I entered school, to leaving it. Both at home, and at school. Sorry for the wall of text here.

Throughout the early years, I wasn't necessarily bullied as such...Just shunned. Kids thought I was strange. Odd. More often than not, I went through my first years of school in silence. Every break and lunch time, I immersed myself in my own imagination. I sat and dreamed of anything and everything. At that time, I didn't care that no-one talked to me, and I didn't want to talk to them.

Further up the line, towards the end of Primary School, things started to crumble a little bit. Those kids that shunned me, started to actively harass me. Mostly it was just restricted to a couple names, and a lot of: "You're not wanted here!" Those last two years, I spent every bit of free time at school either sat in a secluded corner of the playground, or in the library, lost in my own little worlds. It was at this time, that I started to get a lot of grief from the other kids for a medical condition of mine that was...Rather embarrassing to say the least. Somehow it got to the other kids. The worst moment of those years was when I was forcefully pushed into the gravel of the playground, causing half of my face to suffer severe damage. That took several months to heal, and dealt a massive blow to my own self esteem.

The first three years of High School was...Manageable to say the least. I was bullied a lot worse than when I was at Primary, but I could still handle it more or less. I got beaten up a lot, and once again shunned. It was at this time that it became apparent that I had a minor form of Autism. Something the other kids leapt upon with glee. I spent quite a few nights laid on my bed, crying, but besides that, I remained steadfast that I would see it through.

The last three years were the worst though. Those years were the worst in the entirety of my life. That black period of my life were the closest I'd ever been to the precipice of death.

No matter where I went, I had people trying to trip me up, or corner me, or just shouting shit down the halls at me. Books stolen. Uniforms ruined. Money taken. All that and more.

FREAK!

SHIT HEAD!

NO ONE LOVES YOU, YOU FAT FUCK!

YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE, FREAK!

That last line...At first, it was just used to hurt me emotionally...Eventually, it escalated to the point where people started to believe it. Like some kind of twisted idealism. People began to believe that I shouldn't live. They sought me out. They waited for me after school. They did anything and everything to make my life hell. Kicking. Punching. Screaming.

KILL YOURSELF FREAK!

JUST DIE!

Eventually. I began to believe those words too. They made me feel so insignificant. So much like a bug beneath a boot...That even I started to murmur the words to myself.

I don't deserve to live...

One night, I got so tired of it...So sick of the pain and the loneliness. I finally brought myself to the precipice of death. I made myself a rope. I tied it to the ceiling, and stood on my bed with it around my neck. It was at that point that I thought about those few people that would miss me. My dad most of all. He had and still does have, severe depression. He'd already tried to commit suicide himself several times. It was the thought that if I killed myself, he'd kill himself too, that stopped me.

I might have stopped myself from dying that day, but that never stopped the kids at school from trying to do it for me. Words whispered in my ear. Repeated over and over.

We're going to get you, freak...

They continued to beat me up day after day. They still came after me. Their attacks grew bolder and bolder.

We're going to get you...

At some point, a kid from our year died. He was stupid, he'd stolen his mother's car and had crashed it, killing himself and two of his friends. Some malicious little bastard spread rumours that I'd laughed at the kid's death, and said "He deserved it." (Alright, he did. He brought it on himself for stealing his mum's car when he couldn't even drive, but I wasn't dumb enough to say it at all back then). Their poisoned words dripped everywhere. Suddenly, the whole school was against me.

We're coming for you, freak...

I was sat in the Library when it happened. One minute I was sat by myself, the next minute, I had twenty kids around me. They surrounded me, and started to punch and kick me. One pair of hands found my throat, and started to squeeze. Had the librarian not stopped them, I'm sure they wouldn't have stopped until I gasped my last breath.

My mind started to crumble at that point. I was vacant. I barely registered anything around me. The only thing I still found joy in, was video games. I played World of Warcraft. I roleplayed every evening as "Ginta the mage". Throughout my school days, I always waited for the moment I could go home, and get back to what I started to consider to be my "Real Life". I even started to refer to myself as Ginta.

Oh, I talked to the teachers, and the school Councillor. But at the end of the day, they managed fuck all. Whenever I did report the bullying, and the kids got some kind of meager punishment, those kids would simply "Punish" me for being a grass.

It was when things got truly serious, that things started to change. One day after school, a kid collared me on the way to the bus stop, and pulled me down an alley. He started to beat me up, punching me in the stomach. All the while he whispered to me.

You're going to die here, Freak...

He pulled a knife from his pocket, and tried to stab me. I tried to stop him. In the end, he stabbed me in the face, and twice in the gut, before kicking me and leaving me there.

I'm not sure what happened after that, I just remember ending up in hospital. Staying there for about a week whilst the worst of my injuries healed. That was when the police got involved. After that, things kind of died down. I didn't go back to school for about a month. I was too scared. Terrified of what the kids would do to me if I came back. When I did though, they treated me warily. No doubt the school probably had an assembly or something, outright telling the kids to leave me alone. By then though, there was only around a month until our last exams, and then I was free of school anyways.

Following from there, I went to the next stage of education, sixth form. I went to a different school. The bullying had left an effect on me though. I couldn't speak to people without shaking and staring at my feet. I kind of went back to how I was starting school. But this time, I caused it myself. I was happier alone at this point. But then I came across some people who shared my interests. And among them, I found my girlfriend.

I still struggle though. I still can't talk to people face-to-face. I still prefer the quiet solitude of my bedroom. And I still have major confidence and psychology issues. But that's improving, very very slowly.

Bullying is abhorrent. It can ruin lives. It certainly ruined my childhood, and it's had a lasting effect on me ever since. I'll always have the scars of those years. The ones on my stomach, and the one on my face, might fade, but I'll still feel them. I'll still remember every jibe, taunt and punch. I'll still carry the rage inside of me, for what they did to me.

Aaaand that's my story, I suppose. Sorry, this thread kind of opened a bit of a can of worms it would seem.

>Small

>Weak as fuck

>Couldn't hurt a fly

So you mean it as to just ignore it? Please read the other stories about how that isn't possible.

You can ask help from someone that can deal with the bully.

You can ask help from a psychologist.

You can ask help from your teachers.

You can even leave a note to the bully's house so their parents teach him a lesson unless they are also bad people.

Personally the I am a small guy excuse is just an excuse. I have seen small guys take on big guys with no problem. It is all on your mind. If you set your mind and put a goal and say "I can do it" you will do it. Just remember to not have second thoughts about it cause you might not do it in the end and be stuck.

TrilbyAsh    6

You can even leave a note to the bully's house so their parents teach him a lesson unless they are also bad people.

Personally the I am a small guy excuse is just an excuse. I have seen small guys take on big guys with no problem. It is all on your mind. If you set your mind and put a goal and say "I can do it" you will do it. Just remember to not have second thoughts about it cause you might not do it in the end and be stuck.

That's very obtuse of you. Sometimes there just isn't a way for someone to "Man up". I got told to "Man up". It did fuck all. I still got stabbed. Still got put into hospital. Manning up is hard to do sometimes.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

fksfds[gsg

That's very obtuse of you. Sometimes there just isn't a way for someone to "Man up". I got told to "Man up". It did fuck all. I still got stabbed. Still got put into hospital. Manning up is hard to do sometimes.

So you are telling me you got stabbed and nothing happened to the guy that stabbed you? He got away with it?

It's a choice you have to make, either be bullied and let it pass over the years or stand up for yourself.

TrilbyAsh    6

So you are telling me you got stabbed and nothing happened to the guy that stabbed you? He got away with it?

It's a choice you have to make, either be bullied and let it pass over the years or stand up for yourself.

I never said he didn't get away with it. But it wasn't my own doing that he got punished. I was hospitalised, and the police were brought in based on my injuries. That wasn't done by me "Manning up". That was done by me getting hurt to the point that the authorities noticed.

Yuval    2

I wouldn't stand up against 20 people at a library. or a person with a knife. I hate the fact you define "Manning up" by becoming as violent as them. that makes you the same as they are and equally guilty.

When people share horrific stories like ash's, and you tell him to man up... Outstanding... Some people are not chuck norris like and can disarm a person from his knife while getting kicked and punched..

I wouldn't stand up against 20 people at a library. or a person with a knife. I hate the fact you define "Manning up" by becoming as violent as them. that makes you the same as they are and equally guilty.

When people share horrific stories like ash's, and you tell him to man up... Outstanding... Some people are not chuck norris like and can disarm a person from his knife while getting kicked and punched..

maybe you should read better what I wrote. there is people who get bullied alot and there is psychologists and other help they can get. I said that but apparently you all want to stick to the fact I said the word "man up". chuck norris is a movie actor, no one in real life is like him.poor example.

I've never been bullied myself. Nor have I ever seen someone get bullied.

Two things I want to mention after reading this thread:

1. "Manning up" might work for you, but just because it does, doesn't mean it will work for everybody. It's like saying to someone who suffers from depression to "get over it". That's not how it works, unfortunately.

2. The whole concept of bullying does really seem to happen more often in the US and the UK. Here in the Netherlands I rarely see it happen. At high school we had groups, obviously. You had the cool popular people, you had the nerds, and you had the inbetweeners, but in the end everyone got along quite well. The nerds obviously wouldn't hang out with the popular guys, but they would talk, sometimes. They kept to themselves but they appreciated each other. The popular guys considered the nerds to be a little odd, but likewise the nerds considered the popular guys to be a little odd. Different lifestyles and all that.

But no bullying at all. I'm talking about "groups" now but even that wasn't very noticeable. Personally I've never been sure in what group I was in high school. I hung out with "popular guys" (I was best friends with the most popular guy in school for 3 years), I hung out with "nerds", but I guess most of my friends were from the inbetweeners. I don't really consider myself to be a part of any group. I just hang around with people I like.

Not sure if it was just my school that was so tolerate, or if it's the country. But I wish every school could be like the one I went to.