Server time: 2017-10-19, 14:34
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Ivegot5onit

NamePlates, too much or good idea?

Ivegot5onit    0

Just was a thought to make it so that you aren't sure who is who when having new encounters nameplates can help depict certain players while knowing whos who at the same time...just a thought it is in a certain aspect out of the true to realism idea but like i said before just a thought :D

let me know what you guys think, thanks

Toorrik    4

The amount of Metagame would go through the roof.

So No from me.

If there was a way to make it show up only shows up after somebody says the Word "ID" perhaps but with the ARMA engine it would be broken and useless and break most of the time.

So ultimately no from me. Not possible without hideous amounts of Metagaming.

Krimbo    0

I appreciate the fact you have came up with a suggestion, but definitely no nameplates. Not only would there be insane amounts of meta-gaming, it would also break peoples immersion very very easily.

The only positive I can see of this is to stop incorrect KOS in firefights but even that in itself would have negative metagaming consequences.

GhostViking    0

I don't like the name of nameplates but I do wish that instead of nameplates but a way to tag friendlies like in Epoch. So if you are "teaming up" with someone for a little while you could tell who they are by their friendly tag.

Ivegot5onit    0

Im glad all of you guys informed me of the negative effects it could have on the users experience, you guys are definately right i was on the fence to begin with but i fully agree with reviewing others thoughts, thanks for everyones input... Just started to survive on the island hope to see some of you ingame!

I did have a question about the servers, do the directly mirror your game or is it separate instances?

Pixel115    0

No in my opinion, people can metagame names, locations and range just from this one simple feature.

Cid    333

I think it may be quite clear on what the community thinks on this.

Snow    1

Logically you could easily remember someone by their clothing or voice, and it's hyper unrealistic. No, never, not once.

Onionjack    0

^That gif says it all, I like how it is now. If you want to know who are the people you met, just ask their names. They will tell you if they want. :)

Toorrik    4

I did have a question about the servers, do the directly mirror your game or is it separate instances?

I don't quite understand the question.

Do you mean, Does your gear transfer across all 3 servers?

If so yes, Your gear sticks with you regardless of which of the 3 servers you go on, the only gear that is Localised/Instanced is your tents/Stashes and Vehicles. I think that is what you meant.

Generally you can tell your own teammates by their skins. Also if you can detect who is who while you are raiding a camp for example will remove the fun behind the intense team detection tactics whilst in battle. And when you are out of a battle or not in a hostile situation you simply ask for someone's id.

Upshot    0

Other guy said it; but, the 'tag friendly' feature in Epoch is pretty good... It doesn't give distance, or anything else, and you have to 'accept' the tag friendly request for them to be able to tag you, so only people you want to see your nameplate will see your nameplate. It's great in hectic firefights and in my opinion brings absolutely no negatives.

Ivegot5onit    0

I appreciate all of the great feedback from all of the community and appreciate everyones point of view....even what Michael Scott thought about the idea ;D, but look foward to seeing some of you ingame!

No nameplates. Simple as that. No.

michael-scott-no.gif

HAHAHAHAHA,

Personally I don't want this implemented it would created choas and get rid of the whole "ID" Deal