Server time: 2017-11-20, 02:19

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Anderson

DayZ Standalone Test 15 November 2013

Was thinking when the next dev blog was going to be out earlier on today.

#DayZ2016

Edit: Lol'd at the 'Warning'

Looking good seems to be getting there. Atleast the zeds weren't jumping around.

It feels like it still needs work but I cannot wait to play this game especially with the DayZRP mod with it. The immersion is going to be soooooo good.

Immersion +10.

I am looking forward to it, however I can see myself missing the good old mod a lot... :(

Something about the way this looks feels odd to me, I don't know what exactly it is but I don't like it.

It might be that shitty motion blur. He always puts it on for effects. I'll be turning it off though.

If it goes how it looks it will completely change DayZRP. It won't be military groups anymore but groups of survivors. I personally can't wait. Cooking pots and can openers, you might have to designate people roles within a group. Cooks, guards.. ermagahd

Too much excite!!

Guest Tranqlotus

LOL HE SAYS BAD FPS BUT STILL RUNS 26ish

The disclaimer was nice :D

I so wants it, I tried to give money already, put my credit card in dvd-rom but it didn't work!

I didnt like it at all. Gameplay wise, graphical wise its same as arma3. ALSO why is carrying a compass same as carrying a baby.. i just dont get that.

I didnt like it at all. Gameplay wise, graphical wise its same as arma3. ALSO why is carrying a compass same as carrying a baby.. i just dont get that.

I also agree that the animation for carrying a compass looks a bit retarded. I hope they change that.

I Liked it a lot it looks really decent. The compass thing is not that bad maybe they just wanted to change it so it doesn't look like the old anymore but the hatchet animation is stupid. It just doesn't look like he is smashing he Zeds with he sharp side.

But still it's pre alpha a lot if changes will be made :)

Think about minecrafts development :)

It looks...different. Why hold the compass like that? They're designed for quick usage with one hand.

Looks different, really different.

@Ego, I think that they have taken a course to make dayz as less PvP helping as possible.

Examples behind such thesis :

You can't use compass & weapon at same time - compass in most cases in dayz is used to call out direction of enemy/enemy fire. You have a quick glance,give specific bearing - and still preserve ability to shoot. Easy and simple.

With such addition they made - using compass will be leaving user vulnerable in conflict. Challenge of PvP conflicts will rise.

Aiming down the sights - I've noticed the aiming is a bit worse than in Arma 2, it seems less accurate or atleast 'weird'. Didn't see additional zoom which you have in Arma.

Whole equipment damage/wearing out mechanics + restraining/frisking - as much as it's a good feature it also aims to cut down on pvp aspect.

Clothing with different properties,various kinds of diseases,nutrition system - purely kicking in nuts pve aspect

And it's all good, DayZ on stock is a terrible game as it's basically a killing fest that shouldn't have as much as attention if it wasn't for zombies in very big enviroment. Standalone seems to fix that balance by changing mechanics to make pvp harder and shifting attention of a player to survival & pve. Which should be the main concern of such game.

All of what you said but mainly this:

And it's all good, DayZ on stock is a terrible game as it's basically a killing fest that shouldn't have as much as attention if it wasn't for zombies in very big enviroment. Standalone seems to fix that balance by changing mechanics to make pvp harder and shifting attention of a player to survival & pve. Which should be the main concern of such game.

Finally someone who understands Standalone and its purpose. I salute you Goz.