Server time: 2017-10-23, 13:31
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Nightmare

How long have you played DayZ? Who were you introduced by?

Alan Woods    5

One day my cousin was talking to me about this mod. At first I was skeptic, but then he gave me his Steam account with ARMA 2 and I started playing this. I also saw before a video from gamespot and chkilroy's series.

I played DayZ on different public servers and private hives until September, when I took a break and started on WarZ(at that time it was very appealing).

I met the 24th MEU in the meanwhile and I played with them on that game until March... Afterwards I went playing War Thunder, but when I heard about DayZRP, I quickly got a copy of ARMA 2 and started playing again until now.

Slute    1

I watched FrankieOnPCin1080's very first DayZ video and was really interested in it. I already owned Arma 2 at the time because I used to play in Realism units. Loved it, haven't gone a week without playing it since!

I found DayZRP through my friend who told me all about it, but couldn't end up playing himself. Pretty sure he learned of i through PsiSyndicate.

simiskovich    0

Introduced by Kilplixism, Started playing early May 2012. That is when you could actually get on a server....I miss the days when the time was synchronized with the real time. It actually made me wake up early to get some hospital loot or go later at night to loot the barracks and so on.

Guest Brāy   
Guest Brāy

Ive been playing dayz for some time around 1 year 5 months "ish" since june 2012. A genius called Cr1tikal played it and i thought hmm that looks interesting and me and a friend Nath downloaded it and we instantly fell in love.

[video=youtube]

Nihoolious    1250

I watched Athene, the WoW and Diablo 3 guy, play DayZ on a livestream full of hackers. I later bought Arma 2 CO and watched videos from guys like Frankie to get a feel of the mod. Upon playing it, me and my friend noticed the horrible framerate that I still get today. While he uninstalled the game and saved up for a new PC, I ran solo, going full no life mode from January to August when school started up. I still enjoy DayZ or else I wouldn't have donated to play this amazing mod a few days ago.

naury42    0

Friends told me about it and later Sacriel got me hyped about it. Started playing april 2012.

Years ago when I helped a bloke called Garcia create a community called Worlds End Gaming. I guess that was around the Summer of 2011 or late 2011.

How long have you played DayZ? Me? Two years and i was introduced by Chkilroy!!! :D

It's not been out for 2 years. It came out in April 2012. :P

And I found out about it on a website, can't remember which though, about end of May 2012 time.

Guest Nath   
Guest Nath

Ive been playing dayz for some time around 1 year 5 months "ish" since june 2012. A genius called Cr1tikal played it and i thought hmm that looks interesting and me and a friend Nath downloaded it and we instantly fell in love.

[video=youtube]

Swimming on land all day :P

Goz    2

Years ago when I helped a bloke called Garcia create a community called Worlds End Gaming. I guess that was around the Summer of 2011 or late 2011.

You loveable derp, WEG was made in may/june of 2012. DayZ itself was released in what? March/April?

ZeroXiz    0

CHKilroy's video "The Days Ahead", played it the day after.

Still remember those days when there were only like 8 servers and they were all filled up, spam enter ftw.

Hofer    20

May 2012. A friend of mine were totally hyped about the game and made me download it. Been playing ever since.

Need to ask him where he found it :)

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

I was introduced by an RL friend, and I thought it would be a terrible game.

After about 20 minutes of playing, once I'd spent a good while getting the game to run I was hooked. I'd playing OFP and Arma beforehand, but had never bothered with Arma 2.

You loveable derp, WEG was made in may/june of 2012. DayZ itself was released in what? March/April?

Eh? Thats when it ended. Started fairly early on didnt it?

Goz    2

Nope, WEG moved to new website in start of june and that was literally 3/4 weeks after it's first apperance. WEG ended in august/september.

Nope, WEG moved to new website in start of june and that was literally 3/4 weeks after it's first apperance. WEG ended in august/september.

Herp. My bad. Feels a lot longer.

PCJames    202

I watched SMerpo's first dayz videoi, it instantly look awesome and I played it :)

Franz    0

I think I noticed it because of some german gaming show on the TV (GameOne) and then I started watching Youtubers like Frankie and JackFrags playing it. Then in August of 2012 I finally bought it myself and started playing.

Owen    16

Well been playing it since it's been out and I found it being mentioned on Armaholic, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Now I'm here doing RP.

[video=youtube]

Cr1tikal is almost a god.

Matt    24

A man on a dayz server called northwales introduced me to the server but i did not sign up till a month later.