Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Pixel115

Suggestion: Skinning Animals

Is this a good feature?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good feature?

Pixel115    0

It could be a cool idea to skin animals and create simple clothes (to add to rp) this would include

• Ushankas
  • Jackets
  • Pants
  • Shoes

But it would have to be one whole skin so maybe add an ushanka to the hat list in character profiles and make a skin that looks hand made out of leather. There could be other things that could be made to for exampled gun cases that would act as simple backpack.

Diggy    0

Maybe making it so some of the survival skins could be crafted using hides. I think this would be cool. I don't think it would be possible to craft specific items of clothing, but crafting skins could be possible to my knowledge.

pejay    1

As diggy says, i'm 99,9% sure you can't craft pieces of clothing, but maybe skins.

Owen    14

Instead of clothes maybe you should craft backpacks from them. You'd have to get a certain amount to make larger/better backpacks.

Alan Woods    3

Maybe some other small stuff, such as small bags...

Clothing pieces are near impossible to make with this yam engine... at least there is no known mod that could bring what ho proposed.

Voodoo    487

I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented but rather than clothes maybe pouches or backpacks? If it could be implemented it would be great to have a main backpack on character but also a small leather made pouch attached to belt or something so you can add a few items maybe like 4-5 slots or something.

I think the current engine will be hard to do this but standalone has already shown bullet proof vests that can be added and taken away so leather armour would be great too. Might have to wait for standalone..

Pixel115    0

Clothing pieces are near impossible to make with this yam engine... at least there is no known mod that could bring what ho proposed.

Yesit would have to be one skin.

Pixel115    0

It could be scripted that certain items will craft certain skins...

Or craft each individual item to ultimately make the full skin.

Pixel115    0

Not even possible

Creating skins has been possible since the game first came out.

Yesit would have to be one skin.

Gun bags are already in arma as a way to pack up mounted MG's DayZ Epoch uses them as backpacks.