Server time: 2017-08-20, 13:45

Sign in to follow this  
dave_owns

Problem with Turtle Beaches

Question

dave_owns    0

Well, I knew they were cheap, but really? The little adjuster, about halfway down the wire, is causing me some problems. It seems as if one side of it is not connected properly, which you can't disconnect, and i'm only getting sound out of my right ear. Any temporary fixes? Even if it's duck-tape, because I can NOT afford a new headset right now.

7 answers to this question

Well, I knew they were cheap, but really? The little adjuster, about halfway down the wire, is causing me some problems. It seems as if one side of it is not connected properly, which you can't disconnect, and i'm only getting sound out of my right ear. Any temporary fixes? Even if it's duck-tape, because I can NOT afford a new headset right now.

I think you might have to solder it. Just a wild guess. I went through 3 Turtle beaches in the past year. Finally got something else. I use a Logitech G930. $100 headset. Wireless and has hotkeys on the side of the earphone.

dave_owns    0

Sounds like A nice headset. My fix right now, Is just holding it in a position where it works. I'll just have to come up with the money to afford a new one, because I can't do this for the rest of my days.

dave_owns    0

Any suggestions on Good Cheap headsets?

So, I unscrewed the adjuster in the middle of the cord, and opened it up, revealing the mother board, and wires connecting from either side of the adjuster, to the motherboard, and they were tiny little color coded wires. On right side, There was hardly any tangled, and things looked good. On the left side, there was tangled wires, and one little red wire that was still connected to the motherboard, exposed right as it hit the motherboard, and that looks like what is causing the problem. It seems that it was my fault this happened, from twisting the cord, and tangling it up, as turtle beaches are normally done. So, I can't get my warranty on it, because it was wear and tear, and is in fact an electrical problem. I don't have any idea on how I can solder that tiny wire, so I'm basically screwed. I'll try to sell it to my friend, and get a new headset.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

There are no good cheap headsets.

You're better off spending as much money as possible on a headset. The investment is really worth it.

Most headsets I've had for under £30 have broken fairly quickly, and beware of plastic.

Never an issue with Turtle Beach...two sets now and I love em...but I also dont buy their cheap stuff...I get the Professional Grade.