Server time: 2017-10-17, 02:11
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Brick

3D Models

Brick    0

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if there are any requests for models to be made/changed. Because I think it would make the game a lot more awesome if some models would be edited/added. For example the Mosin Nagant is too big for the character and in my opinion the texture is too bright. Also the Ammo for the G17 is still the nice green pouch.

I would be able to help with the texturing and modeling of a lot and if there are any other 3D Artists out there then I would say: try to help aswell. Lets make this mod to the most epic one out there!

Greetings,

Frank 'Brick' Hinder

PS: It already is the most awesome mod, but it can always be more brutal and epic.

This is a piece from my portfolio. I created this scene with two classmates within the UDK Engine.

[video=youtube]

Below you can see a list of already suggested ideas and changes. At the moment I am adding every idea. When the admins will approve this post then we will decide what is usefull and what is not. Also we have to keep in mind if it is actually relevant to the mod.

Here is a list of already posted ideas:

- You are able to enter all houses

- Ripped Clothing

- Marshmellows on a stick

- Hats for the players

- Models for the now 'Pouched' items

| Radio

| AKM Mags

| Pouches at the Baseball Bat

| Python Revolver Ammo

| G17 Ammo

- Scoped Lee Enfield

- Firepoker

- Everything should look more weathered

- Bear Costume

- Nuclear Plant

- Trench Coat

- Crossbow CCO

- Crossbow HOLO

- Ushanka

- SVT-40

- PPSH41

- PPS 43

- Ammo Spam Cans

- 10x SVD mags <-> 1x PKM Mag

- 1x SVD mag <-> 2x Mosin Mag

- 2x MosinMag <-> 1x SVD Mag

- Tan Berret with SASR Logo

3D Artists maybe willing to help:

- Indigo

- Bushseaman

- Onionjack

Guest Indigo   
Guest Indigo

I was going to offer this aswell, as I mentioned in this thread here, http://www.dayzrp.com/t-whoops

"If anyone wants to PM me some reference images and give me a neat idea I will maybe work on a small concept custom base/village :) "

Guest Olyblob   
Guest Olyblob

Why don't you create us more hats !

/\ yes do that fuck the guns we need more hats

Lockmar    0

Why don't you create us more hats !

DayZRP hat simulator anyone? We need all of the hats ever.

On a more serious note, editing the model or textures of a finalized .p3d file is a pain since converting it to the unfinalized version usually messes with the UV map severely.

Brick    0

I was going to offer this aswell, as I mentioned in this thread here, http://www.dayzrp.com/t-whoops

"If anyone wants to PM me some reference images and give me a neat idea I will maybe work on a small concept custom base/village :) "

I think that you are definitly able to help out with the modelling and other stuff.

But we also need more suggestions from people, and not just hats. But also ideas of items wich aren't in the game yet, but should be part of it. so we would actually have more things to do. And I think hats are a great idea, but that they come within the Head shape.

Of course the admins also need to approve. Because if they don't want to make a change then we would be making useless things..

Brick    0

I do like the concept of a scoped enfield. The scoped Mosin Nagant kind off also joins the queue then.

And I wonder if a scope on the crossbow would be usefull. Since it doesn't shoot that far at all. So it would make it kind of useless.

Alan Woods    3

A scoped Lee Enfield would be great.

Scoped Crossbow,not really,since it's not even accuarate per se.

gr1ves    3

I would love you forever if you could take the tan beret from in-game and add the SASR logo to it. Just like the Ranger beret but with this logo;

10229032554_34334ed212_o.png

Sin    127

You know what I want ... shhhhhh, it's our little secret.

ConorJD    0

I do like the concept of a scoped enfield. The scoped Mosin Nagant kind off also joins the queue then.

And I wonder if a scope on the crossbow would be usefull. Since it doesn't shoot that far at all. So it would make it kind of useless.

Scoped moisin already exists in game

Bush    22

So can we get a list of things that are still "pounched"? The only thing I can think of is the radio atm.

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

I read somewhere that adding certain things would be very hard if its not downloadable and someone asked for dayz aftermaths idea of a crossbow wit ha cco or holo scope ect but the gm said it would be very hard to script in. Just my useless 2 cents of pointless info :)

Brick    0

Thanks all for the replies.

To Conor: I fixed it, thanks for the info.

To Bushseaman: I dont know all the items aswell. But that is why I update the list if people suggest tell me things. The G17 Ammo is pouched, the Baseballbat has some pouches next to it wich could be splinters for example (or baseballs). The radio is a really important item so it would be cool to have it visualized imo

and Hyper: Everything is fixeable! I have full trust in the admins that they are able to do everthang. I just need their support and help, because without them I will be nowhere

Ceogar    0

I would like to have some marshmallows on a stick. Very good for relaxing after a long Zombie fight and you are gathered around the campfire.

More serious.. i would like some "ripped" cloths that frankly, looks like shit. Damn zombies always using their nails and it also gets ripped running through the forest.

kakan    0

You have my full support if you can pull this off, If you are making new models for the excising buildings please make the interior/texture look more weathered. even the weapons should look weathered

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Do you make bear costumes?

If so we need bear costumes please.

Bush    22

I made this http://imgur.com/GtY8ZYc , but I have no idea how to port it to the arma engie nor if it would be a decent idea to have it in the game. Hell I am not even sure if it's portable nor how good it will look ingame, but I figured it was worth a try to make one.

Onionjack    0

Thanks all for the replies.

To Conor: I fixed it, thanks for the info.

To Bushseaman: I dont know all the items aswell. But that is why I update the list if people suggest tell me things. The G17 Ammo is pouched, the Baseballbat has some pouches next to it wich could be splinters for example (or baseballs). The radio is a really important item so it would be cool to have it visualized imo

and Hyper: Everything is fixeable! I have full trust in the admins that they are able to do everthang. I just need their support and help, because without them I will be nowhere

Would be great if you can do them Brick, it will be quite a work, I hope you got time :P

Do you have website where I could see your work?

Sign in to follow this