Server time: 2017-10-18, 14:30
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Hase

KoS and NLR Rule question

Question

Hase    0

As a newbie I have a question towards KoS and revenge. It is confusing to me.

It is tated in the rules: "You can take revenge for a hostile action taken against you for 2 hours from the time hostile action was taken, as long as it does not conflict with the other rules."

In the supplemental rules it says: Killing is allowed when "Your target has committed a hostile act within the last two hours towards you or your clan/group."

In the supplemental rules it is stated concerning NLR: Forbidden is due to NLR "Taking revenge for a hostile act that happened before you died, including but not limited to the person and/or group that killed you."

How is this to understand? I am allowed to kill my killer within 2 hours. Ok. But I cannot take any action against my killer for things he did PRIOR to killing me? Is that it?

9 answers to this question

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

//Moved to Questions

kala    14

No, you cant kill your killer since you LOSE all of your MEMORY leading to what got you killed.

Hase    0

kala, thx for making that clear. But what does 2-hour-revenge means then?

kala    14

If you get robbed, that a hostile action towards you. You can kill your robber within 2 hours of the robbery. basicly any hostile action towards you grants you kill rights to who ever made that hostile action towards you for 2hours

kala, thx for making that clear. But what does 2-hour-revenge means then?

E.g. they robbed you and you complied fully. You were left alive but you were able to take revenge on them if you could identify that it was those individuals or members of that group.

Or if your group was aware of your situation and the attackers they would have rights against that group as per revenge for actions against you, if expressed in a RP way with no metagaming.

Hase    0

Oh...kay!

So, the exception from revenge is (mostly) the NLR.

Thx again for your help!

IAmJackBandit    77

Yeah Hase if a hostile act is commited against you, then you have kill rights but if you die then you lose your kill rights...also make sure you know what a hostile action is, read up on the rules you know :)

Hase    0

Yes, I will definitely coninue to read...It is a lot to learn at the beginning!

Yuval    2

from what i understood from the question you can KoS if you were robbed and lived. because your character has knowledge of this incident, also if someone initiated on one of your clan mates, he initiated on you aswell, giving you KoS rights on the entire enemy clan for those two hours.

where NLR kicks in is if for example, you don't comply to a robbery, die. even if you respawn next to that same person your character has no knowledge on the robbery, the way it was described to me and helped me understand this is like your person had a near death experience, which lead to him forgetting what happened to him.

hope i helped :D