Server time: 2017-08-19, 15:10

Sign in to follow this  
Max Simons

Crossbow Varients

Max Simons    6

So I have been thinking what if there where crossbows in Dayzrp that had special sights and options? Same damage and bullet speed and all that. Here are some ideas I rekon could be cool. ( fell free to add to my list )

3 Bolt mags

CCO sighted Crossbows

Kobra sights

Hunting rifle sights

Special bolts that are crafted like a tranquilizer dart that you add clorophone to a bolt or something along those lines, maybe even a explosive bolt you add Frag grenades to.

Some of the stuff like this was used in the Dayz aftermath mod and the cross bow was my faveriout gun in that mod. I wasn't able to find anything on Armaholic so if someone know anything please comment!

Sorry for my spelling I'm on my phone :)

Othuyeg    20

If there is an open resource where these can be taken from, then these would be awesome. But without such a source, it would mean the dev team would have to create them and that would mean a massive amount of work and would propably never be implemented. Fixing current bugs is still a priority above adding and creating new... features.

Max Simons    6

If there is an open resource where these can be taken from, then these would be awesome. But without such a source, it would mean the dev team would have to create them and that would mean a massive amount of work and would propably never be implemented. Fixing current bugs is still a priority above adding and creating new... features.

Yeah I know that's, I'm gonna try keep this thread active so people see it and maybe someone so were can find or knows something. Yeah it would take loads of work

I personally believe we need a lot more civilian weapons and more common weapons that would be found in households because currently its ways too easy for a standard "farmer" or "accountant" to get hold of an M4 and this is just wrong in an RP sense.

As for crossbows I am pretty sure you can buy them fairly easily from hunting shops so yeah i imagine they would come with different variants such as size and scope etc.

so +1

Max Simons    6

I personally believe we need a lot more civilian weapons and more common weapons that would be found in households because currently its ways too easy for a standard "farmer" or "accountant" to get hold of an M4 and this is just wrong in an RP sense.

As for crossbows I am pretty sure you can buy them fairly easily from hunting shops so yeah i imagine they would come with different variants such as size and scope etc.

so +1

Yeah you hit the nail on the head right there, we do need more lower civilian style writings especially with all the Fucking Russians with the no military grade weapons we would both benefit from the additions.

so +1

Yeah you hit the nail on the head right there, we do need more lower civilian style writings especially with all the Fucking Russians with the no military grade weapons we would both benefit from the additions.

I can understand finding Mosins around because i believe a lot of them just found their way to civilians after the war.

I suppose AKs make sense too but the sheer amount of them is what i cant believe the same goes for the western weapons too.

We need less main weapons and more side arms i think personally i can fully believe a chernorussian family has a tokarev tt33 in their household or maybe a Mosin/double barrel perhaps one family with the occasional AK but anything more than that is just a nono

Max Simons    6

so +1

I can understand finding Mosins around because i believe a lot of them just found their way to civilians after the war.

I suppose AKs make sense too but the sheer amount of them is what i cant believe the same goes for the western weapons too.

We need less main weapons and more side arms i think personally i can fully believe a chernorussian family has a tokarev tt33 in their household or maybe a Mosin/double barrel perhaps one family with the occasional AK but anything more than that is just a nono

Very true I don't think we need to get rid of guns but maybe make the spawn rate even rarer for some of the guns or bump up the civilian spawn rates No farmer civilian from the USA who's plane crashed due to a zombie on board should have a PKP like what I've seen.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?48023-Crossbow-Addon I managed to find this it's not much but it's the right idea for some of it, the main thing I would like is scoped crossbows like this but the same model or similar models as the original

Very true I don't think we need to get rid of guns but maybe make the spawn rate even rarer for some of the guns or bump up the civilian spawn rates No farmer civilian from the USA who's plane crashed due to a zombie on board should have a PKP like what I've seen.

Agreed bump up the civilian spawn rates and knock down the military loot in regards to weapons at least.

Because again i can fully believe more than a few families have some sort of camo clothing in their home (i know i do)

But back to the crossbows 2 of my friends in real life have them so im gonna go ahead and say:

1. there easy to get a hold of

2. they are fairly common

3. my friends crossbows are very different to each other so makes sense with what your suggesting.

Alan Woods    3

I know somebody is gonna be happy to get new Crossbows :D

I vote yes but unless there is something to work on,then it's gonna be a painful process...

Max Simons    6

I know somebody is gonna be happy to get new Crossbows :D

I vote yes but unless there is something to work on,then it's gonna be a painful process...

Yeah I know like I said the Afthermath mod could be a start maybe

Even if it's not crossbows, I'm sure there is loads of more common civilian weapons that could be added.

Indeed +1

Othuyeg    20

Over 100 million Kalashnikov-family weapons have been produced. Believe me, they are in abundance in many countries. In countries where soviet forces have been present, these guns are really as common as houseflies. And they won't break once their owners have passed on.

If the apocalypse happened, the last gun on earth would be a kalashnikov.

Max Simons    6

Even if it's not crossbows, I'm sure there is loads of more common civilian weapons that could be added.

Yeah for sure, I just would love a 3 bolt Hunting crossbow i would give me PKM for it!

Tommy Welsh    0

Yeah for sure, I just would love a 3 bolt Hunting crossbow i would give me PKM for it!

Yeah same here! haha

Max Simons    6

Yeah same here! haha

God yeah!

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

#Standalone

J.D.    2

Sounds like an awesome idea.

Im sure its possible but would take time to implement.

just a cross bow with a good sight would be fine.

runewr    1

3 Bolt mags

CCO sighted Crossbows

Kobra sights

Hunting rifle sights

Special bolts that are crafted like a tranquilizer dart that you add clorophone to a bolt or something along those lines, maybe even a explosive bolt you add Frag grenades to.

The 3 Bolt mags and sights, yes please.

I think it would be a bit too much of the "good stuff" with these special bolts though.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

Yeah man, need some 4x scope crossbows.

Max Simons    6

3 Bolt mags

CCO sighted Crossbows

Kobra sights

Hunting rifle sights

The 3 Bolt mags and sights, yes please.

I think it would be a bit too much of the "good stuff" with these special bolts though.

Well if they where extremely rare spawns maybe not I was just chucking out ideas