Server time: 2017-10-18, 13:13
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Kravock

New Surrender Option

Should the surrender option drop your guns and then put your hands on your head?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Should the surrender option drop your guns and then put your hands on your head?

• Yes
    • No

Kravock    1

Hey guys and girls,

As most of you may have seen there is a new scroll wheel option available that puts your hands up in the surrender pose. This also allows your robber to physically frisk you as they can get access to your gear.

With this poll I am wondering if you would prefer for the button to drop your primary and secondary then put your hands up or not.

I'll move it inside another menu option to prevent people accidentally dropping their weapons, especially while being chased by zombies :D

eg. Actions->Surrender

Trimbly    0

Hey guys and girls,

As most of you may have seen there is a new scroll wheel option available that puts your hands up in the surrender pose. This also allows your robber to physically frisk you as they can get access to your gear.

With this poll I am wondering if you would prefer for the button to drop your primary and secondary then put your hands up or not.

I accidentally click it a lot so I'd request it not do that.

Kravock    1

Hey guys and girls,

I'll move it inside another menu option to prevent this happening.

eg. Actions->Surrender

Trimbly    0

Hey guys and girls,

I'll move it inside another menu option to prevent this happening.

eg. Actions->Surrender

sounds good then ignore my vote for no then

Toorrik    4

So if they can frisk you and open your gear, does that give them access to your main weapon (Like a body)?

If they can then I vote no since they can take the weapon from you or ask you to drop it.

If they cant access your weapon I vote Yes.

Kravock    1

So if they can frisk you and open your gear, does that give them access to your main weapon (Like a body)?

If they can then I vote no since they can take the weapon from you or ask you to drop it.

If they cant access your weapon I vote Yes.

Yeah, you get full access to their gear as if they were unconscious. You can't surrender with a weapon as it automatically cancels the animation and puts them back down.

Slute    1

With all the facts that people have brought up and the answers you've given, I think this will be a great addition!

+1!

Archer    0

Yeah, I can see this as being mostly bad...

Makes it too easy for bandits to disarm people, and makes it harder for people to fight back.

Accidental mis-clicks could lead to some bad situations, eg. someone steals your gun while it's on the ground, accidentally disarm yourself in a combat situation, etc.

I like the surrender action itself, but I think telling someone ICly to put their hands up, then RP'ing a frisk, and finally utilizing the surrender action to take his things is fine as is. No need to make it drop your weapons and then put your hands up.

Eg: I disarmed and captured a man, I then told him to raise his arms while I searched him. I wrote "*Searches man for anything that could do bodily harm*", then I took his melee weapons and hunting knife (for the sake of RP).

TightPants    0

As Archer said it would make it way too easy with several problems. And when it is too easy the RP requirements will also drop. We should promote more RP not make it easier to not interact people via RP. It's better that people actually have to go to the gear to drop their weapons if they comply and make the bandits actually do some RPing in robberies. It's always nice if there are options that make it easier to play but don't do it on the expense of RP or you will be contradicting everything this serve is supposed to be and all those times staff has promoted more RP.

I vote no because frisking is a lot better than just dropping weapons, it is more realistic, just dropping your weapons isnt good for the RP experience because in a real zombie apocalypse situation people can search EVERYTHING, not just your backpack... This would also help with finding thieves who steal stuff and dont admit it when you "frisk" them. Now you can just have them surrender and check their gear. Fixing settlements and robbing situations.

Hofer    20

Yes.

This would be a good addition when someone is actually initiating upon you and you are planning to comply :)

Yes.

This would be a good addition when someone is actually initiating upon you and you are planning to comply :)

No.

It can be abused. People should be frisked and take more of an active role instead of just pressing a button.

Hofer    20

No.

It can be abused. People should be frisked and take more of an active role instead of just pressing a button.

And the frisk option can also be abused. We already have seen that several times.

Jerry    22

No way, there's little enough RP as it is, giving people 1 button to press to act a robbery is just a bad idea.

Hofer    20

After re-reading OP and seeing that they can frisk you while surrendering (which I didn't actually see first time I read it) I change my vote to no for the above reasons.

No way, there's little enough RP as it is, giving people 1 button to press to act a robbery is just a bad idea.

Precisely Jerry.

I voted NO for this too. It seems these types of scripts are ever so slowly removing any need to actually role-play these situations out.

Bandits knowing OOC'ly that it's 1 button to surrender will now be even more likely to pull the trigger on someone for not complying which leaves the victims of any attempted robberies with almost no other choice other than to surrender.

Apfelsator    2

As Archer said it would make it way too easy with several problems. And when it is too easy the RP requirements will also drop. We should promote more RP not make it easier to not interact people via RP. It's better that people actually have to go to the gear to drop their weapons if they comply and make the bandits actually do some RPing in robberies. It's always nice if there are options that make it easier to play but don't do it on the expense of RP or you will be contradicting everything this serve is supposed to be and all those times staff has promoted more RP.

I agree with this, a No from me too, we don't need more 10sec-robberies without the robber doing nothing.

R Steele    0

problem is with people saying the frisk is good enough is that to many people are not honest and powergame by not dropping items that you only find they had if you kill them or their a reason to report

Cid    333

I voted no as well. I feel that the surrender action is fine as it is. It's nice when the robber actually interacts with you.

Jedediah    0

I've already accidentally put my hands on my head while being mauled by zombies while trying to pull a hatchet out. Dropping my shit? I'd be doomed.

While I have not tested this, I did choose to vote yes. If frisking acts the same as checking an unconscious person, I see some serious potential issues with attempting to remove their weapons yourself, as it requires you to have the space to move it into your inventory before taking action to drop it on the ground.

Just yesterday I was with someone who tried to swap his CZ 550 for an SV-98 he found. He had his CZ equipped, and when he pressed the action to pickup the SV-98, instead of putting his CZ on the ground and equipping the SV-98, it triggered the dual primaries script and immediately deleted the SV-98.

If a robber is forced to move large items like weapons into his own inventory in order to strip you of them, I forsee many issues with deleted weaponry and magazines, which makes for very poor RP when things vanish into thin air.

And I say this as someone who has never engaged in banditry. I can imagine the bandits are able to see even more issues potentially arising from DayZ's awesomely ineffective inventory system.