Server time: 2017-08-20, 02:01

Sign in to follow this  
ShinzoFTW

Resisting A Robbery

Question

ShinzoFTW    0

Hey I have a question for you wonderful people: If one is initated on and the robbers close in on you, are you allowed to just turn around and open fire after responding that you will not comply?

9 answers to this question

Of course, as soon as somebody "Initiate" any hostile actions on you or your crew (You have to be with them), you are then allowed to open fire to save your life and the lifes of your fellows.

Make sure that you have really been initiated on/Make sure it is a hostile action. If someone says "Hello" to you and you open fire on him, you are guilty.

Slute    1

This is always a tricky question, as it is always determined on what the initiators say, and how they act.

Right Example: 3 Men close in on you demand you to drop all of your weapons and gear or they will kill you. This grants you KOS rights and allows you to pop them all in the face.

Wrong Example: 3 men walk towards you sound somewhat hostile, but you are not entirely sure. They ask you to drop your backpack for whatever reason but do not state what will happen if you do not drop it. This gives neither you not the Initiator KOS rights.

Overall if someone initiates on you and states their demands with a cause and effect (What will happen if you do not comply) that is when you allowed to not comply and fight back.

Texas532    0

If people say, "you there stop drop your weapons backpack and radio then run that way" then neither party has KoS rights but if you drop your shit you can't shoot at them later.

Yes, if your life is in danger you have the rights to defend yourself by any means.

As long as you are sure at 100% that you are in danger.

Wrong Example: 3 men walk towards you sound somewhat hostile, but you are not entirely sure. They ask you to drop your backpack for whatever reason but do not state what will happen if you do not drop it. This gives neither you not the Initiator KOS rights.

Wrong, it gives YOU KOS rights (in the way that they're demanding you do something you do not want to do) but it's an improper initiation and they aren't allowed to shoot you for it.

Slute    1

Wrong, it gives YOU KOS rights (in the way that they're demanding you do something you do not want to do) but it's an improper initiation and they aren't allowed to shoot you for it.

That's why its wrong. I was speaking in terms of the initiators view.

Upshot    0

The problem with the whole. 'Well, they didn't say they'd kill me if I didn't do X' is that they are probably just really crap at initiating and probably actually mean 'IMA KILL YOU IF YOU DONT DO IT'.

If they don't sound 'proper' and say things like that, I personally would assume they are going to shoot me despite the fact they didn't mention it and would take appropriate action to remedy the situation / maintain my safety.

I've had it happen plenty of times, some people simply do not understand.

Alternatively, I've also had people shoot me even though I genuinely didn't threaten them or suggest I would if they didn't do X.

Use yo gut!

Guest The Nightmare   
Guest The Nightmare

Definitely hostile actions are taken towards you, do as you wish.