Server time: 2017-08-17, 17:14

Sign in to follow this  
Aivym

Australian Servers

Aivym    0

Hey all, is it possible to get a server running hosting on a VPS or what have you in Australia, Sydney. Just because I have the problem of living in New Zealand and myself and a few other friends would love to indulge ourselves in some amazing DayZRP.

Thanks all,

Aivym

Guest TCkril   
Guest TCkril

No, because I will lose all of my Aussie friends :( (Kravok mainly)

In all seriousness I don't think k they will have one.

Aivym    0

No, because I will lose all of my Aussie friends :( (Kravok mainly)

In all seriousness I don't think k they will have one.

But having one in Australia could generate DayZRP more income with the many more players they'd gain who would be willing to donate for such an experience on DayzRP haha.

Connection isn't that bad when playing. As an Australian player myself, I can say that in most cases you don't pick up on delay. The addition of an Australian server would be unnecessary but also problematic as it would split off some of the player base(Although I doubt anyone would make the switch anyway).

gr1ves    3

What Udgar said, most of us Australian players don't have any issues with ping. I think I've been kicked once for ping too high since I've started playing.

Aivym    0

The majority of us Kiwi's pick up around 700+ ping when trying to join these Swedish servers. I thank you for your responses but I do hope we could manage to get one or two up :)

Kravock    1

The majority of us Kiwi's pick up around 700+ ping when trying to join these Swedish servers. I thank you for your responses but I do hope we could manage to get one or two up :)

If you get 700+ ping there might be a problem with your internet, or your ISP has some sily routing. I get between 350 - 400 in Australia and it is barely noticable as Arma 2 is coded to do majority of things client side instead of server side. I believe the ping limit is 500 for DayZRP servers.

This has been discussed a few times about other locations such as the US, all have ended in the same answer. Rolle runs the servers from his apartment as he prefers to have full control over the hardware and network.

This has been discussed a few times about other locations such as the US, all have ended in the same answer. Rolle runs the servers from his apartment as he prefers to have full control over the hardware and network.

True, this won't happen. But with all seriousness, I've been playing DayZRP for a while and met many Australians who never had any issue with connections.

reuben_97    0

I'm from New Zealand and I don't get 700 ping, what are you on about, I normally get 340 ping give or take. However this is not a problem because of the way the Arma engine works, most actions I believe are client side so they happen instantly to you.

However time zones is the only problem for me, however since it is the holidays for me I go to bed early and set my alarm for 5:30 am and catch the US/EU peak hours that lasts the next 9 or so hours.

Even if I had the opportunity for better ping and easier timezone that would be a result of a Australian server, I would still opt for the same server in Sweden because of the huge transatlantic community, that is why I am willing to get up early on weekends and holidays when I have them.

An Australian server would be less populated than the graveyard shift on any other given server out of the 3 existing anyway.

ActionMan    2

I'm Aussie and used to play with a Kiwi -- We'd both get 300-400 pings.

Maybe you want to throw your hat in the ring to start hosting a local server yourself? ;)

Data-centres and/or high-bandwidth connections are much, much more expensive here than in Europe :(

You'd probably be better off (financially) if you hosted one in Singapore or the US, but then we'd still have to put up with 250 ping anyway...

gr1ves    3

We have a couple Kiwis in the clan and they never have any issues with ping. They always have the same as us.

Dexta117    0

I am a kiwi and I honestly don't have any problems with my ping or any lag spikes as such.

Aivym    0

I am a kiwi and I honestly don't have any problems with my ping or any lag spikes as such.

I think I may of sorted my ping problem out, but now I face the problem of not being white-listed. Which is weird because I put my application in ages ago and it got accepted but now it says I'm not white-listed when I try to join. Does anyone know why this might of been? or how I can fix this.

Connection isn't that bad when playing. As an Australian player myself, I can say that in most cases you don't pick up on delay. The addition of an Australian server would be unnecessary but also problematic as it would split off some of the player base(Although I doubt anyone would make the switch anyway).

This^^^^ im an aussie player and my internet isnt the best, yet i dont normally notice the lag. Although it would be nice to have a more local server, i dont think it will happen.

ActionMan    2
now I face the problem of not being white-listed. Which is weird because I put my application in ages ago and it got accepted but now it says I'm not white-listed when I try to join. Does anyone know why this might of been? or how I can fix this.

When you go to this whitelist page, what does it say?

http://www.dayzrp.com/whitelist.php

It should say:

Application:

Your application has been accepted.

You are whitelisted with the following GUID: blahblahblahblah

Is the GUID listed on that page correct?

Aivym    0

now I face the problem of not being white-listed. Which is weird because I put my application in ages ago and it got accepted but now it says I'm not white-listed when I try to join. Does anyone know why this might of been? or how I can fix this.

When you go to this whitelist page, what does it say?

http://www.dayzrp.com/whitelist.php

It should say:

Application:

Your application has been accepted.

You are whitelisted with the following GUID: blahblahblahblah

Is the GUID listed on that page correct?

No, apparently there was a wipe quite some time ago and I was one of those people, so for now I'll be waiting for Application:

We are sorry, but due to a large amount of received applications we have been forced to close down the whitelisting process for non-donors. The whitelist will be opened to non-donors once we have more open slots for new players.

To become open. It's alright, I can wait :)

TyRotten    0

I'd hate to have an Australian server since the whole community would be broken up, and less good players on the Australian servers.

I like being able to communicate with people from all over, and have a wider community in all.

Also, regular Australian ping for the RP servers for me are around 350 - 400 ping. And for some reason on RP servers the 400 ping that I do sometimes get, seems much easier to deal with and more stable than regular DayZ servers.

You should speak to your ISP and question if you possibly have a line fault or something.

Aivym    0

I'd hate to have an Australian server since the whole community would be broken up, and less good players on the Australian servers.

I like being able to communicate with people from all over, and have a wider community in all.

Also, regular Australian ping for the RP servers for me are around 350 - 400 ping. And for some reason on RP servers the 400 ping that I do sometimes get, seems much easier to deal with and more stable than regular DayZ servers.

You should speak to your ISP and question if you possibly have a line fault or something.

Like I said, the ping problem isn't a worry anymore.

But thanks for the reply.