Server time: 2017-10-18, 15:04
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Rifleman

The tattared Journal of Sergeant Robert Smith

Rifleman    14

October 21st, 2012.

God dammit, Mum sent me a journal for my trip over to Chernarus for training with the Russian Spetznas (or however you spell it) on the beaches, seems like it'll be fun, hopefully we can learn a thing or two off the Russians, and them the same with us. I don't speak Russian, luckily the Lt. does, came over from the Ukraine, the guy's still young like myself, I'm only 23 at the rank of Sergeant and HE's younger then me - 21, lucky bastard got into Officership and got the platoon a week before the trip to Chernarus, dammit, I was looking forward to running the platoon on that trip, but still, it's better we have a bloke who can speak proper Russian, unlike Lance 'Seg' who has just about enough brainpower to make cheesy jokes at everything, i'll make him run like hell when we get to Chernarus if he starts ripping on the Russians.

Hopefully, when the C130's been prepped me and the boys'll be off and away on the SEVEN hour flight to Chernarus, hopefully the boys wont wind up being punched by the Russians, I hope 'Seg' does, but they wouldn't touch Arnie, tough sonofabitch right there, Six Foot Five and muscular as hell,only Six foot so if I went toe to toe with him - id wind up with a broken face, I'd better move my gear into the plane, i'll jot more stuff down when we're in Chernarus.

October 23rd, 2012.

Jesus Christ, they said it'll be cold but I didn't think THIS fucking cold!!! It's a balmy fifteen or so below, and it's only fuckin' October! At least the Russians and Chernaruns or whatever have gotten used to this madness. We're sitting in a small military camp up by a place called "Stary Sobor" or whatever, nothin' Sober about it, a good chunk of the people who live in this town are alcoholics, then again, one of the Russian NCO's brought me and some of the NCO's back some whiskey and some vodka, I personally never tried vodka but MAN this stuff was good, same with the whiskey, it at least took the edge off the cold. I think that Russian NCO was called Artyom or summin', still the bloke's a legend getting us a good drink after training today.

You don't know it, but these Russians know the score, they're tough, and I MEAN tough, they go out running in Twenty below in just combats and a shirt, bloody hell I WISH I was Russian right now.

Ah hell, Arnie's just broke the bottle of whiskey and it's all over me shoes, ah well, I needed to wrap this up anyway.

October 25th, 2012.

Fuck me, one of Spetznas guys came running in, limping, and the poor bastard must've been in serious pain to be limping that much, looked like something took a massive chunk out of his leg - and it sure as hell wasn't a bullet, the wound had inconsistent indents in it, like a bite, but there's nothing around here that'd cause THAT much damage, they've got him in with the surgeons, trying to salvage his leg, but the poor guy would be lucky if half his leg had to be amputated, but fuck me, that guy didn't deserve it.

I'll Write more in later.

simiskovich    0

Its a nice story, but why exactly did the Spetsnaz come here to train even though the outbreak happened like a year before this?

Rifleman    14

My crappy DayZ knowledge, im gunno edit this.

Guest BoobManReub   
Guest BoobManReub

Great story, plus that Russian had a great name

Rifleman    14

October 26th, 2012.

God, dammit, seems like this shit is more than over just Stary...It's all over the world...Home included, shit, I should be there instead of freezing my ass off and probably winding up dying thousands of miles from my home where I SHOULD die if so. Fuck me. Screams have came from the town - infrequently but I hear doors being bashed down, we have STRICT orders to avoid contact and to not assist civilians. Bollocks to that, I lead a small team (5 men), Arnie, Spenny, Jack, Ferry, and Me went into the town - against orders of the Lt, but fuck 'im, if I'm gunno' die I'll save at least twenty people before this is out, first house we came to had five 'infected' whatever, they're fucking zombies, and I'm fucking serious, five of the bastards chewing on some poor bastards corpse, you know that film zombieland? 'Don't forget the double tap' They said, just what we did, double tapped the zambies in the tash, we saved a few families and helped them reinforce the church - fairly defensible - we could put snipers up there if we need to, if this shit doesn't get sorted out soon, fuck, you know the old 28 Days Later quote? 'It Started as rioting, and right from the beginning you knew this was different, it was happening in small villages, market towns, then it wasn't on the TV anymore, it was in the street outside, it was coming through your windows, by the time they tried to evacuate the cities it was already too late, it was a virus, an infection, didn't need a doctor to tell you that, its the blood, something in the blood, by the time the radio's stopped broadcasting there was reports of infection in Paris and New York.' Imagine that - but in real fucking life, now I'm trapped miles away from home in a post-soviet state, fuck...I need some sleep, I need to think, we'll do what we can, the boys follow me, the Lt has rank, but the boys follow ME, so I will do whatever it takes to evacuate these civvies - let's see what these zombie bastards can do.

Owen    14

Interesting. Hope more is on the way.

Rifleman    14

October 27th, 2012.

Fuck me that was close! Just heard on the radio a mayday, the 501st Airborne division, aka Lima Kilo 18's C130 has lost one of it's engines, they went down over 081 062, that's not too far from here, Altar Castle to be precise, Jesus I hope those buggers make it, we'll need every man and woman to hold a gun to take out the zeds. Just ran into a bandit group earlier in Stary, Fucking bastards shot at us, they were armed with a variety of old weapons, .303 Lee Enfield's from fucking World War one, bastards still work though, fucking deadly still, even WITH Kevlar vests, bullets'll rip right through them, they also had some old Winchester repeating rifles, deadly none the less, the Lt. was wounded today, took a round to the shin - broken shin - he won't be on his feet for months, hell, I think the outbreak is already to count heads, at least Stary has lost at least half of it's population, they're moving us down to Balota airstrip by the coast to defend it from bandits and zombies - the Lt's gunno have to stay with us, we're gunno be one of the last lot out of here, back to blighty or wherever, the Spetznas boys will be with us through it all, til the end, they'll help, hope this shit goes well enough, I hope everyone else affected by this pulls through, especially at home - god, I hope my family's alright, I dunno, let's see what happens.

Rifleman    14

October 28th, 2012.

Fuck this place is mental, thousands upon thousands of people are here - and there's not even a full company to protect them - 2nd Platoon makes up the fucking BULK of this protection force. C130's are landing every hour, the young and the elderly are being prioritised to be evacuated - and that means separating them from friends and family - I don't give a shit about orders right now, half the stuff from the radio's a fucking pile of wank, 'You must evacuate the elderly and the children first - even if it means by force' said a fucking COLONEL, I can't see THIS as being right - a young child taken away from his or her parents like that...it's just fucking wrong, plain and simple. I beat the living shit out of the bastard colonel as he tried to do just that - the parents didn't want their children taken away from them - and the kids not wanting to leave their parents - and you know what? It felt fucking GOOD! Fuck orders, Fuck safety, Fuck the bastard cunts running the show, Fuck the bandits, FUCK EVERYONE! I feel like I'm loosing it at the moment, I feel like I'm under more stress than when I was serving in FUCKING AFGHANISTAN!

We had to fight off a horde today, hundreds of the bastards - our LMG's had ran out by the end - same with our old M60 HMG that was sent by the Americans - few US Marines and 2nd Army Rangers' Charlie Platoon as-well, courtesy of the Americans again. Fucking trigger happy gun nuts, they shot a Civvie earlier - thinking the poor bastard was a fucking zombie - well, he had been bitten but they just fucking pointed the gun at the poor bastard and shot him til he was dead...fuck - at least we have a full company strength now, but I don't fucking like having American's here, the Russians obviously don't, but still, I personally have nothing against them, but you know the reputation system, right now i'd rather have a confident Russian at my back than a trigger happy US Marine, I've been up for two days straight cos of all the gunfire - now even more so thanks to the US Marines - they also have a aircraft carrier miles off the coast, armed with fucking A10 THUNDERBIRDS, 'Shock and Awe' - typical Americans, ah well, at least we have heavy air support if shit hits the fan...damn, they're gunno fucking LEVEL Chernogorsk, Electrozadsk (Electro), and Berezino to limit the spread of infection - bollocks to that, i'm sure they can't, too many factors at risk, civvies especially, fuck, let's see what they do...

Rifleman    14

October 31st, 2012.

The Lt. died earlier today, rifle round to the head while on lookout duty, poor bastard, his leg was on the way to heal, but some fucker decided that he'd end an innocent life. The fucking Colonel's gone nuts too, he's now telling us to shoot any civilian ON SIGHT if they either are carrying a weapon or are suspected to have been infected by a zombie's bite...I shot the bastard earlier as he was about to order the death mark on a civilian family whose father was carrying a pistol in self defence - these people learned to look after themselves after the Russians left, and I'm not surprised why you'd want to be armed while the fucking zombie apocalypse unfolds before your eyes - the bastard colonel's in intensive care right now - and if he even DARES to try that again, I will end his fucking life right fucking now. The Russians let me do it, the remainder of 2nd Platoon let me - the Americans attempted to restrain me for shooting a superior officer and I beat the living shit out of their Captain as-well, 'YOU FUCKING WANT TO SHOOT CIVILIANS YOU AMERICAN INBRED FUCK?!' I yelled at him, as he lay on the floor with a flattened nose 'DO YOU?!!' I stared at the Americans, one stupid fuck raised his rifle to me, I shot him in the arm and he dropped the rifle onto the floor clutching his bleeding arm like it was about to fall off, I looked at them with five years of Royal Marines training and some of the most bloody combat seen on this fucked up earth, 'YOU DO NOT SHOOT FUCKING CIVILIANS, YOU FUCKING LISTEN AND REMEMBER WELL, ANYONE STEPS AN INCH OUT OF LINE, YOUR LIFE WILL END BY MY HAND!' I yelled at the Americans, a few took my words to heart and agreed, but some grumbled in complaint - those men I beat the living shit out of as-well. Every civilian that isn't bitten will live as long as these men listen to me, the Americans better listen and the colonel better too for their own sake, I MADE the Americans call off the bombing of the cities, I will make them do what I need when I fucking need it, my one and ONLY objective is to keep as many civilians alive and get them out of here, that is my one and only goal, so fuck rank, orders, and everything else, this job needs to be done, and if it has to be me then so be it.

*Fresher ink appears in this entry*

Fuck that rant was like a shitty horror movie, kinda ironic that it's haloween today, the night of horrors awaits us, and i'd like to see what the zeds have in store for us on this night.

Rifleman    14

November 1st, 2012. AKA: Judgement Day

They came...in the middle of the fucking night, a huge mass of infected on the horizon shown only by the huntsman's moon high in the sky, there must've been ten thousand of them, all slowly marching towards Balota airstrip. Shit thing was that we were due a supply drop via air and UK Logistics were due in two days with more ammo and a huge amount of men extra, 'the allsorts' they'd been nicknamed, some from the Canadian 501st Airborne, a few Delta force Snipers, a Section of 22nd SAS soldiers, some Swedish army blokes, 3rd Platoon 3 Commando, and a section more of Russian Spetznas. I fucking awoke to a huge array of gunfire, we were down to our reserve ammunition as-well, no LMG's til tomorrow, fuck me, we lost almost half of 2nd Platoon now, the Marines had been re-tasked and the Rangers ran off like a bunch of pussies with half of the remaining ammo, leaving only fifteen men to guard over ten thousand civilians with cast off weapons until we got more weapons and ammo courtesy of US Army and Her majesties' Armed Forces, we killed as many as we could, but we lost too many civilians that night, a thousand and still counting bodies are here in body bags, chewed to pieces the poor bastards, the backup at least has finally arrived, and ammo, and plenty of MRE's to keep us going, no coffee or tea though, ah hell, judgement day just fucking happened in front of me, 2nd Platoon's in pieces, all broken and shell shocked to at least a moderate degree, it'll wear off eventually, but I don't know what to do anymore, just fight it off or wait until the infected starve to death and then what? What do eleven men do except wait to die themselves? Damn, shit just hit home today, fuck, I can't write anymore, I'll write more some other day.

Rifleman    14

*Several pages are missing from the diary, either rotted away or disintegrated*

March 21st, 2013.

At least the worst is over now, there's only a few civvies left to evacuate now to Indonesia. 2nd Platoon is down to ten men now, Daniels took a bad hit from a .303 and is in intensive care with the doctors, UK Logistics and the majority of US Army has pulled out now, I'm not leaving, there's still people out there to help, or else Evacuate, and I can't leave Chernarus like this, banditry, mass rioting's, some locals living in fear, 2nd Platoon and 3rd Platoon 3 Commando are still here, both only 10 men now, the Captain of 3rd Platoon is still here, he's lost most of his NCO's though, and I'm more or less CO of 2nd Platoon til' they find a replacement, Lance Corporal Jacobs has took over Platoon Sergeant position of 3rd Platoon and Corporal Cox has taken over Platoon Sergeant position of 2nd platoon as I took over CO position of 2nd Platoon. 2nd Platoon's still in the shit as usual, there's been no radio chatter now for three months and I'm pretty sure the military wouldn't abandon men in Chernarus, hell, let's just see them try.

Gullio1    0

It looks pretty good so far, but I would suggest making spaces between every 3-4 lines. It helps make the whole thing look more appealing to read.

Rifleman    14

March 22nd, 2013.

Fucking brilliant, perfect gift for my fucking birthday as-well, I'm only twenty-three now and the fucking military's pulled out and set up a quarantine zone around the whole of Chernarus, considering we're so close to Indonesia I can't blame them, all the civvies have been evacuated now and we've pulled out of Balota after all our troubles with the bandits, Captain Davids' seriously wounded; not by a .303 though, three fucking 7.62 rounds from a AK almost killed the poor guy as we were packing up and planned on heading towards 'Green Mountain Radio Station'. Seems like the bandits have some fresh new deadly toys to play with, the lucky bastard got shot in the chest and all, probably ruptured his spleen, at least one of his kidneys and punctured a lung...the Doc said that there's no way we'd be able to save him, and the death would be slow, painful, and gruelling...

I asked the Captain whether he wanted a quick death or not, his exact words were 'Give me a Rifle, one magazine, and a pistol with one shot in it, I'm gunno' make these bastards pay' He began to get up and surprisingly stood, remarkable that he'd taken 3 rounds no more than a few hours ago. We gave him some extra morphine and painkillers to keep him on his feet...I handed him my old and trusted Beretta, with one round left in the chamber and someone fetched him a L85 from the armoury, we could spare him enough ammo for one magazine, no more, no less, we all knew with a urge of dread that he wouldn't come back from this last run, we watched him leave, saluted him and said our goodbyes, it was one of the hardest things I will ever do, letting someone to leave to die, I will never wish it on anyone, bandit or civilian no matter what they do, they have people to feed, or it's just spite with some bandits, spite and a lust for chaos.

We're now down to twelve men without the Captain...eighteen had made it through the chaos of the original outbreak, six were killed by bandits recently... too few made it through from second platoon, only me, Corporal 'Arnie' Cox, Lance Corporal Jacobs, Lance Corporal Williams and Private 'Ferry' Gowans, are left, 3nd Platoon's down to Lance Corporal Roberts, Private Davidson, Private First Class 'Russian' Swystun, Private Hill, Lance Corporal Birch and Private Liamson. Too many graves from my platoon, my men died in Chernarus during the fucking outbreak, not at home, buried in foreign soil to be forgotten as this hellish new world takes hold, and for what? Evacuation of over twenty-thousand civilians? The price was too fucking high, I might sound immoral and stupid at the relative amount we saved, but it doesn't sit well enough with me, I now have to lead these men on, it's down to me and me alone, both 2nd and 3rd platoon are being treated for emotions you'd think you'd never see from two platoons of Royal Marines, at least three quarters of the men, myself included, have broken down overnight over the sights we seen, over the people we've lost, the things we will never get the chance to do, it results in uncontrollable shaking, shivers, cold sweats, vivid flashbacks, and uncontrollable waves of weeping and mourning; I'm only twenty-three and I've got the feeling that I'll never get married, never have children, never raise a real family; the remaining military forces will be hunted to extinction so other people can claim rule, the people will think that the military caused the outbreak when in fact we did all that we could to save as many as we could at the time. Nice to know that we're the bad guy's now...heh' I haven't slept in days, every hour feels like a day, every day feels like a week, and I'm pretty sure that my men won't make it, me included, so fuck it, I opened my emergency stash of liquor and Cuban cigar's that I made sure I brought with me, three bottles of whiskey (large, of course), a crate of beer, five packs of Cuban cigars, a bottle of 32-year old Scotch, and to top it all off, twenty large bars of chocolate, I'll make sure we don't go into alcoholism, and I will ration it out over the coming weeks, it'll help settle the shivers at least for a while and help me get some bloody sleep.

Rifleman    14

25th March, 2013.

Things have been quiet recently, too quiet. There's nothing but static on all emergency and military frequencies - we might be the last of the UK forces left in Chernarus for all I know, forgotten, abandoned even - fuck it, home's got this shit too and I might as well do what I can here.

We ran into a group of Ex-military and civilian doctors recently, called themselves the 'Free Medics' they only carry sidearms and melee weapons to deal with the zombies - they seemed happy that there was still some form of a military presence in Chernarus, no matter how small - but they told us of hundreds and hundreds of bandits out there - stealing their vital medical supplies that they need for helping anyone they come across. but they're a decent bunch to say the least, nice to know we're not the only sane people still alive and kicking in Chernarus - hell, it's nice to know a bunch of medics made it through too. I handed them a bottle of whiskey to use as antiseptic and drink it if they needed with a few plastic shot glasses.

They'll need all the help they can get, and I hope to Christ they make it through this hellhole.

I need some bloody sleep now, I'll write more another time.

Sign in to follow this