Server time: 2017-10-17, 13:26
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Fraser

"Insufficient KoS explanation. Please address each part of the KoS rule in detail. "

Question

Fraser    0

I have applied to join this community on the Dayz RP servers twice now. Each time I have applied I have been denied sometimes after a couple of days wait. Both times this has happened I have been given the reason "Insufficient KoS explanation. Please address each part of the KoS rule in detail. "

Now after reading back through my first application I realised I was quite vague so I decided to improve on it by writing much more and in much more detail. For my most recent application I gave the explaination below.

"The KoS or Kill on Sight rule improves the standard of interaction between players on the server. The KoS rule stops people from shooting you where you stand without engaging or attempting to engage in any type of contact or conversation. It also requires you to announce that you are going to commit a hostile action before you carry it out. For instance if you were driving up a road and you spotted a person on the road up ahead, you simply got out of you car and sent 3 Stanag rounds into the small of his back(killing him) without even attempting a form of contact there would be a penalty varying upon severity. If you are robbing someone of their weapons then you should state clearly like so "Drop your weapons or you will be shot.". If someone commits a hostile action such as robbing you through force you may commit a revenge attack on them for up to 2 hours after the event has happened as long as no other rules are broken(NLR). Also if during the robbery the hostage or victim comply's with all the commands and orders he cannot be killed."

I thought that this would be sufficient however when I checked this evening if my whitelist has been viewed I was met yet again by the message I dreaded "Insufficient KoS explanation. Please address each part of the KoS rule in detail. ".

Can anyone advise me on perhaps how I could improve this explanation or is it just that they don't like my application and are using that as an excuse ?

I am also aware that this final attempt will be my final chance so I wish to get it right.

7 answers to this question

Reece    1

I don't think we can help with that. Have confidence in yourself

Fraser    0

I don't think we can help with that. Have confidence in yourself

Thanks For the quick reply reece but I'm not sure what is wrong with the explanation.

Lundborg    0
3. No Killing on Sight

You have to make contact with the target before initiating a hostile action against it. Contact is made when the player has responded to or otherwise acknowledged your message.

You must explicitly state your intention to commit a hostile action or inform the victim of the consequences of non-compliance. mjiodkwy is the key for the form. You must also explicitly state each demand or order before you can harm the victim for non compliance.

Do not kill the victim if he is complying or you have no good reason to execute them (grudge, previous hostilities etc).

You can take revenge for a hostile action taken against you for 2 hours from the time hostile action was taken, as long as it does not conflict with the other rules.

Examples:

Always confirm your target; if uncertain about a players identity it's better to hold fire than to risk KoS.

You are alone and get robbed by bandits; you try to fight back but get killed. You contact your team mates on TeamSpeak and give them the details about the bandits that killed you. Your team mates find and kill the bandits on sight in revenge. You and your teammates get banned, receive a banstrike and a character reset for metagaming.

Include EVERYTHING from the two paragraphs.

One thing that is good to include is practical examples, how would it work in game? Set up a scenario and explain everything. What would be right to do? What would be wrong to do? Why?

Fraser    0

3. No Killing on Sight

You have to make contact with the target before initiating a hostile action against it. Contact is made when the player has responded to or otherwise acknowledged your message.

You must explicitly state your intention to commit a hostile action or inform the victim of the consequences of non-compliance. mjiodkwy is the key for the form. You must also explicitly state each demand or order before you can harm the victim for non compliance.

Do not kill the victim if he is complying or you have no good reason to execute them (grudge, previous hostilities etc).

You can take revenge for a hostile action taken against you for 2 hours from the time hostile action was taken, as long as it does not conflict with the other rules.

Examples:

Always confirm your target; if uncertain about a players identity it's better to hold fire than to risk KoS.

You are alone and get robbed by bandits; you try to fight back but get killed. You contact your team mates on TeamSpeak and give them the details about the bandits that killed you. Your team mates find and kill the bandits on sight in revenge. You and your teammates get banned, receive a banstrike and a character reset for metagaming.

Include EVERYTHING from the two paragraphs.

One thing that is good to include is practical examples, how would it work in game? Set up a scenario and explain everything. What would be right to do? What would be wrong to do? Why?

Thanks very much this was a very informative and helpful answer and I now understand where I went wrong.