Server time: 2017-10-23, 20:59
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
FruitPunchG

"My character is badass..."

FruitPunchG    5

I have seen a lot of report discussion and been in this position myself.

I often get bad RP whenever I have hostages because "My character has been through a lot and he is a badass" Ok. Great for your character.

But please realize you ruin the RP for everyone else. Because in the end, no one wants to deal with a 16 year old voice with a sarcastic tone the whole way through, eventually the robber will get bored and put a bullet in your head, and you will probably whine and report for bad RP.

If you really wanna RP a hardcore veteran badass then go for it, but when your badass character gets taken hostage make it fun, for both parties.

This is a quote from a PM I got when I complained about their RP;

Hey man sorry about today but can I say next time can you talk to us abit more because we were very board sitting there for 30mins and the brothers are very crazy people so just saying if you don't shut up im going to end your life he want make me feel anything because my char get told that every day and he get crazyer and crazyer by the day I do play a black guy and he shit from everything and he crazy about goats and just want to eat them and pray to the goat god but he is also dum he not the smarts person I'm just writing this pm to say why my char didn't shit him self form you so mabay shot next me or hit me because my character was in the army and he crazy now so hope you have a nice day hope to get more Rp with you guys.

Now I am not good at dealing with those characters, I am not ruthless as SKA. But even I have seen SKA dealing with those kind and it has been very boring to watch, simple because people just don't value their life anymore after having lost everything.

What can I do to improve? How to handle those who wish to RP like that?

And what can the badass RPers do to make it fun for both parties?

My example on the "sarcastic" voice tone, when acting/rp voice is very important! [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSJoACt3Csk&feature=c4-overview&list=UU66_z13H66khiCQHLbHJqpA

Frayzies    6

"Hey man sorry about today but can I say next time can you talk to us abit more because we were very board sitting there for 30mins and the brothers are very crazy people so just saying if you don't shut up im going to end your life he want make me feel anything because my char get told that every day and he get crazyer and crazyer by the day I do play a black guy and he shit from everything and he crazy about goats and just want to eat them and pray to the goat god but he is also dum he not the smarts person I'm just writing this pm to say why my char didn't shit him self form you so mabay shot next me or hit me because my character was in the army and he crazy now so hope you have a nice day hope to get more Rp with you guys."

(My reaction to reading this painful level of stupidity.)

ZFq8uTX.gif

-------------------------------------------------------

Your points are all valid and I think people could benefit from listening to what you're saying. The whole quasi-apology you received from those people, as quoted above, on the other hand merely seems like they realised "Holy shit, our roleplay was absolute garbage", followed by them trying to mop up their shitty roleplay after the fact.

Or maybe I'm just a cynic.

Guest Squidly   
Guest Squidly

I agree,the points made are good ones and hopefully people will start to RP a bit better and make the situation better on both sides.

On to the PM....

what...I dont understand anything after "Hey man sorry about today"

IAmJackBandit    80

the problem is people get upset at losing there gear and whats going through their mind is "omg I'm getting robbed again!" The way I see this whole mod is stop worrying about your gear, this mod is for the role play experience, you can't treat it like its a regular DayZ mod...people get so butt hurt on losing gear, I don't really care about the gear, just as long as the role play experience is great, just my two cents if you know what I'm saying

Vulric    0

People need to realize, just because they're "badass veterans" doesn't mean they disregard their life completely. If it's prior to the robbery and you and the future robber are trading insults sure. Call 'em different insults and what not, but once it's gotten to the point where they have guns in your face, I think realistically you would care more about your life than the guns you've found before. For the sake of RP, your "character" should be happy they made it with their life instead of a bullet in the head.