Server time: 2017-08-17, 13:53

Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Able to find mounted Machine Guns?

Implement the Mounted Machine gun?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Implement the Mounted Machine gun?

Badger    0

I was thinking about mounted machine guns being implemented in the server. At first, i was thinking they are OP as fuark. But thinking about it now, providing that these mounted weapons spawn separately in backpack form (Tripod and the gun itself) would it really be considered OP? Think about it.

Mounted Weapon Pros

- High Caliber

- Extended Range

Mounted Weapon Cons

- Must be stationary in order to fire

- Both parts of the weapon are required, or the weapon becomes obsolete

- The backpack slot will be used in order to carry either the Tripod or the Main gun itself, it's going to be a bitch to lug around

- Low Maneuverability

- Inability to be in cover when operating

Owen    13

.50 cal weapons would be OP as they'd go through vehicles like butter. Maybe something like a 7.62mm instead as this would not be as powerful but still be considered a threat.

I'll only like this if they consider the type of mounted weapon caliber.

Ironicman    7

Cars who escape a roadblock wont get a chance.. I love it i aprove!

Also before anybody goes that its OP i just wanne say that these weaposn are the biggest sniper bait you can have.

Loud exposed and stationary.

Badger    0

.50 cal weapons would be OP as they'd go through vehicles like butter. Maybe something like a 7.62mm instead as this would not be as powerful but still be considered a threat.

I'll only like this if they consider the type of mounted weapon caliber.

The 7.62 goes through vehicles like butter too, also unless its for something like a roadblock where the mounted weapon would be already set up, its effective capabilities would be irrelevant in situations in which you have to set it up before firing because the vehicle you'd be shooting at would be long gone.

Cars who escape a roadblock wont get a chance.. I love it i aprove!

Also before anybody goes that its OP i just wanne say that these weaposn are the biggest sniper bait you can have.

Loud exposed and stationary.

Yeah, just my thought. You can guarantee hes gonna be the first to die. Unless you got like two people, sacrificing their backpack slots to move it around during a firefight. But like i said, its such a burden

Jared    9

Pretty much used for ambushes, static defenses or prolonged assaults, but like its said, super sniper bait. I see nothing wrong with this. +1

Badger    0

You might want to use the search as this has been suggested many times before

Well if it's been suggested this many times, then that says something doesn't it?

Sidewinder    1

The only OP would be the calibre of the rounds but with having to lug it around sacrificing your BP and cover it would work. Plus a building time as well woheld restrict using it and carrying it normally would put you at a huge and I mean HUGE disadvantage when roaming.

PCJames    151

Looks neat, +1

Volcoms99    0

I was thinking about mounted machine guns being implemented in the server. At first, i was thinking they are OP as fuark. But thinking about it now, providing that these mounted weapons spawn separately in backpack form (Tripod and the gun itself) would it really be considered OP? Think about it.

Mounted Weapon Pros

- High Caliber

- Extended Range

Mounted Weapon Cons

- Must be stationary in order to fire

- Both parts of the weapon are required, or the weapon becomes obsolete

- The backpack slot will be used in order to carry either the Tripod or the Main gun itself, it's going to be a bitch to lug around

- Low Maneuverability

- Inability to be in cover when operating

Yes

It's a +1 from me. However, while what people are saying about a .50 for example being way too OP there is really no need to implement this if it's going to be 7.62. There are 7.62 MGs in game at the moment and you don't need to sacrifice a backpack or carry a tripod for them and they aren't hard to handle so it's not as if the tripod adds a huge bonus in that sense. So I'm all for it if it's a higher caliber, something that would actually warrant having to be a stationary gun.

simiskovich    0

Right now I also give a +1, But if they were to be added, I'd like to see a list of them. And if they are tripods or what.

A great idea, possibly add the GPMG scoped to the loot tables!

However leave the M2 out of it!

Xiborg    0

I like the idea of finding these but it would need to be one of the if not the hardest things on the server to find like rocket launchers because if you had loads of these in circulation then it would get a little ridiculous but otherwise me gusta

Caesar    438

Well if it's been suggested this many times, then that says something doesn't it?

Yep, Many people will be disappointed.

Tomeran    3

A great idea! I've ALWAYS supported the idea of adding vehicles with mounted guns to it as well. Would add firepower against hard targets like helicopters, especielly MI-17s.

And they are NOT overpowered.

Seriously, they add A LOT of firepower, this is true. But the moment you fire this gun, you become a huge and easy target for ANYONE. Why? Because almost all turrets and machine guns have its gunner EXTREMLY exposed. It is a cakewalk to kill any machinegun-gunners, especielly if mounted on a vehicle.

At longer ranges the gun becomes less reliable and is useful mostly for surpression as almost all MGs use iron sights only, but a sniper can -easily- take out the gunner. At closer ranges they are useful and can be quite lethal, especielly against people trying to take cover behind cars. But again, the gunner is extremly exposed and -stationary-.

The only exception to this that im aware of is the M2 turret -structure- ontop of the humvee. That one is OP as hell. The other M2 variants are fine.

I'd even go so far to suggest the grenade launcher turrets are fine, but they might be borderline OP when providing surpression and against settlements(you can flatten structures with it.)

What are the reasons for it not being implemented? Surely it would add to the experience. Setting up MG nests on hills, it would be awesome!

Caesar    438

Well to my knowledge there is a technical limitation. The only mounted machine guns that seem to work are the DsHKM. Rearming these would literally be impossible. I might however be wrong who knows.

My comment was more for amusement then an official comment regardless.

Vehicles as suggest above are another matter.

Tomeran    3

If we cant have this, how about adding a few stationary weapons or bunkers around the map? Not real PCBs, but perhaps remnants of the 2012 apocalypse fight, with these weapons lying around.

Doesnt have to be extensive, but it would be interesting to have these places. You could even put D-30 artillery cannons at these places as long as the location itself is balanced.

Stationary weapons are really not that overpowered, and if we added things like ZU-23s, strela launchers and TOWs we could even give players a chance to fight staff vehicles and airplanes when they happen to be nearby.

Jerry    15

Well to my knowledge there is a technical limitation. The only mounted machine guns that seem to work are the DsHKM. Rearming these would literally be impossible. I might however be wrong who knows.

mhyqw.gif

Tomeran    3

I know for a fact M2 50.cal turrets work, or at least they worked pre 1.3. We used them in invasion events and they work on vehicles as well.

I recall this, as we even field-tested a turret on Rolle. He asked me to shoot him with it, utterly convinced it wouldnt kill him and just do 1 damage(like some turrets do, like the L110 iirc), and I killed him on the spot with one shot.

So some turrets work, and some dont.

Badger    0

Judging from the Vote poll i dont think so.