Server time: 2017-10-23, 13:37
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest neom

Is Arma 3 worth getting?

Guest neom   
Guest neom

My PC can run it no probs but is it worth the cash? Thoughts ?

Guest TCkril   
Guest TCkril

The things ive seen like king of the hill and such look really good. I would love to get it. There are some arma 3 players here. Possibly watch reviews and such? I would get it if i had the money

Bush    22

It really doesn't matter if you get the game now or in a couple of months, the majority of the content will be made by the community and many modders are still sticking till ARMA2.

I own it but haven't really played it a lot, probaly because of the lack of content atm. I would say it's worth the money to buy it now if you want to support Bohemia Interactive otherwise you can probaly get it very cheap in a couple of months.

Valkerion    0

It really doesn't matter if you get the game now or in a couple of months, the majority of the content will be made by the community and many modders are still sticking till ARMA2.

I own it but haven't really played it a lot, probaly because of the lack of content atm. I would say it's worth the money to buy it now if you want to support Bohemia Interactive otherwise you can probaly get it very cheap in a couple of months.

Agree with this post ARMA3 is a great game however currently it lacks a lot of content and the only things worth playing on it are king of the hill and possibly wasteland IMO

I like it alot!

I enjoy it as well. There are some excellent mods and the game looks amazing :)

Agree with this post ARMA3 is a great game however currently it lacks a lot of content and the only things worth playing on it are king of the hill and possibly wasteland IMO

Get Dynamic War Sandbox through Steamworks. Great mod that creates a dynamic campaign for you or a team.

You can spend hours on it.

Yuval    2

I got it back in alpha, barely have 9 hours into it.

the gameplay in it seems odd and for me at least more arcady, the map is oversized for infantry gameplay and my favorite mode in it wasteland sucks.

For me it's quite strange. I have played and enjoyed the last 4 arma franchise games.

I bought arma 3 in alpha and I also haven't really played it. I just can't get into it and really enjoy it. There's something about it I just can't put my finger on.

Perhaps its just because its new and somewhat reliant on development of mods etc which takes time. Look at the influx in arma 2 player over the past 2 years and its a pretty old game.

Would I recommend it? Sure. It's a damn good game but there is something there that is stopping me from getting immersed like I have in all the arma 2 mods before.

Valkerion    0

I got it back in alpha, barely have 9 hours into it.

the gameplay in it seems odd and for me at least more arcady, the map is oversized for infantry gameplay and my favorite mode in it wasteland sucks.

Yeah i get that feeling too more arcady and streamlined compared to ARMA2 maybe its so they can pull in a bigger audience?

Arma 3 is amazing. I fucking love it. It's nice and smooth compared to arma 2 and looks stunning. Sometimes I just drive around Altis admiring the scenery the Bohemia art department made.

Tomeran    3

Its the worst game I've bought this year.

It handles like a DISASTER, incredibly poorly optimized, there's barely any content whatthehellever and even the graphics arent THAT impressive(even if certainly being an improvement over Arma2).

If you like empty shell games that you cant handle unless you have a monster rig(and that drops FPS even if you do have a monster rig), then Arma3 is the game for you.

Seriously, I've spent a few hours on it and in my opinion it is worse then Arma2 in every aspect except for the graphics.

On the rare multiplayer game it -can- be fun with friends, but that applies to EVERY OTHER GAME out there, so its not really something arma3 has going for it.

Hofer    20

Don't listen to Tomeran, he is just a noob in the game and gets turbokaflonked everytime he plays.

Owen    16

I'd stick with Arma 2 but that's because my computer can't run it very well.

Hex    31

Its fun, but to be fair, the game just came out compared to ARMA 2, which has been out for years, so people have hat alot of time to make content for it. I suggest buying it after a few more weeks or month when its cheaper. Its a fun game, but needs some tweaks.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

In my opinion, No its not worth the money at all. They just rushed the game and it is terrible.

Rampage    0

I enjoy arma 3 very much.i bought it for $20.00 back in alpha and have played it quite a bit when it was in beta stage. Annex and wasteland are my favorite modes. When arma 3 was fully released altis wasteland was extremely choppy and slow. With that being said I played it the other day and it runs a lot better. I love the graphics and I think the game mechanics are very good. My only complaints are the lack of variety of guns and the maps are just way to boring. Stratis Is extremely bland and altis is WAY to big that you would need 100+ players to make it somewhat enjoyable. I am hoping they release an updated Chenarus, or at least a map similar to that.,

Other than that it is worth the money. I love the game and have fun. Give it a few more months for really good modded content to come out.

Alan Woods    5

Get it.

I always seemed to miss the occasion on getting it in Alpha and Beta...

It's a great game,that still needs work,but enjoyable !

Snow    1

Unlike Arma 2, the campaign isn't actually that bad.