Server time: 2017-08-18, 12:51

Sign in to follow this  
Guest fox0509

HL2RP differences

Question

Guest fox0509   
Guest fox0509

Hello, Dons and Duchesses!

As an avid hl2RPer, and a (Haven't played in a long while, mind you) dayz fan( too much KOS, bu this server seems to have solved that.), I want to know hat exactly the differences from hl2RP and this, because I kind of want to start un-learning some old habits, and i want to know which to focus on.

Like, is it primarily text based, or microphone based (Either is fine, I said I played hl2rp)?

well... That's pretty much it, because I'm %90 sure that there's no /me'ing or /it'ing like hl2rp.

I also want to get a good judge of the community here, I think this is a halfway decent way to do so.

5 answers to this question

Guest funnyfacegaming   
Guest funnyfacegaming

No it's mostly microphone but text is ok. I also was a hl2dm rper. No /me'ing and no /it you do this *Pulls over bag and shuffles around for passport* *Shows Passport* etc etc

Alyd    4

Yeah, it's mostly microphone but text-based RP exists too! It's all down to personal preference. DayZRP is more real-time as opposed to almost dice game which is HL2RP. There is no /roll or anything of the sort as ARMA has a fairly primitive chat system. Most of the rules are the same, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't read them every now and again!

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Most people I tend to come across use text for actions that you can't show in the game.

For instance, I roleplay as a blues musician with a friend who plays the banjo, and he text roleplays finding a banjo.

I text roleplay searching for things in my bag, or describing an object I am "giving" someone in a particular way.

*hands over wet Chinese passport. The passport is in Cantonese*

You can use it to create new roleplay opportunities for other people. The guy who gets my passport could say. "God, what's up with this thing, it's all wet! Where have you been?", or "Jesus christ what is this language, I can't read this!".

Guest Corbulogistics   
Guest Corbulogistics

Hello, Dons and Duchesses!

As an avid hl2RPer, and a (Haven't played in a long while, mind you) dayz fan( too much KOS, bu this server seems to have solved that.), I want to know hat exactly the differences from hl2RP and this, because I kind of want to start un-learning some old habits, and i want to know which to focus on.

Like, is it primarily text based, or microphone based (Either is fine, I said I played hl2rp)?

well... That's pretty much it, because I'm %90 sure that there's no /me'ing or /it'ing like hl2rp.

I also want to get a good judge of the community here, I think this is a halfway decent way to do so.

Oh wow, nice to meet another one of my own kind!

I'm an HL2RPer too and I'm excited to see how I would do in DayZRP too.

simiskovich    0

Used to be a HL2RPer aswell, But then I changed into SA:MP Roleplay, and then into Gmod roleplay. But like everyone else says, There are some things that you can do without text, but most RP-like things do require to be typed out. Unfortunately that sometimes results in people metagaming your name and sometimes accusing you of a fake ID because they saw your real name when you typed it down.