Server time: 2017-08-23, 06:25

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Kyle

A Clan Decision

Chris Kyle    0

Please Note: I did post this in DayZRP:Off-Topic also, I didn't think that was the right place to put it so I moved it here.

A while I made a clan named Delta Force two days after getting accepted into DayZRP. I really didn't know what to expect in terms of responses and what people thought of it, unfortunately it didn't get really popular. But not long ago I made a another clan called The Militia Federation here. That didn't get really popular either. So I have to make a decision weather to stick with The Militia Federation or try to go with Delta Force once again. The only reason I am doing this is because I don't really know what survivors/DayZRP players are more interested in. So if some people could give me some feedback that would be great. Also recently I have gotten a lot better at Photo Editing, Writing Background Stories, and Making Logo. The only reason I want to make a US Military Clan is because I'm a complete US Military Freak and know about almost everything in all of US Military Branches. Please leave feedback. Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone. I have finally made up my mind with something that has never been done before that involves the US Army. You can see it here. Please tell me what you think on that thread please. Thank you to everyone who posted here.

I think any clan can be successful, you just have to stick with it long enough. I used to be in a clan called Fox Run PMC and it took awhile for us to really get going but once we did we got tons of applications. And even now my DEVGRU clan is taking a little bit to get going but it's all about putting in the work on the thread and just getting in game and spreading your name. So I'd have to say do whatever would make you the happiest in terms of your RP because at the end of the day that's the most important thing. Just stick with it, come up with a good backstory and put in the work and people will come.

Chris Kyle    0

I think any clan can be successful, you just have to stick with it long enough. I used to be in a clan called Fox Run PMC and it took awhile for us to really get going but once we did we got tons of applications. And even now my DEVGRU clan is taking a little bit to get going but it's all about putting in the work on the thread and just getting in game and spreading your name. So I'd have to say do whatever would make you the happiest in terms of your RP because at the end of the day that's the most important thing. Just stick with it, come up with a good backstory and put in the work and people will come.

Thanks man for the positive feedback, but I have one question... Do you think that people would be most interested in a Military Clan or A Bandit/Militia Clan?

Chris Kyle    0

Server already has enough bandits. People really need to start hunting them down like the scum they are.

Okay, well thanks for mentioning that. I pretty sure I have made up my mind. I appreciate for you two for replying.

R Steele    0

Personally there was a Delta Force clan on here 1 time that disbanded after a good run and was well respected. I might suggest you try something else for a military clan than that

Another reason your clans may not be taking off well is the fact you are to new to try to make one. Give yourself a chance to learn the server better and people to know you

Plenty of military clans have come and gone. Make sure your clan offers something unique. Browse the clan forums and clan archives. See what has been done before, what has been successful and what has failed. Being a clan leader especially on an RP server is very hard work. I started the watchers 2 months ago with 3 people and we have grown to now 30. 80% of our clan was met all in game and the rest through word of mouth.

Make sure you have a core set of clan principals and stick with them. If you are going to be a hero clan, know it is extremely difficult and takes a lot of patients. Remember RP first. Be organized and bring in people who share your same vision.

If you need any advise or any help, please PM me or find me in TS. Prof. Charles Jackson. I would be more than happy to help, as I am sure any leader of a clan in this community will gladly help out as well. Just ask us, we are here for you.

Best of luck.

Guest Thuesen207   
Guest Thuesen207

Recruit people at settlements :)

Server already has enough bandits. People really need to start hunting them down like the scum they are.

Haha, poor Free Medic Death Squad. You're doing a great job defending the Free Medics!

Voodoo    371

I think any clan can be successful. I was worried when the leader of 501st decided to step down and I took it over. I expected loosing ourselves and not getting into the server properly again but it seemed that when I did take over there were more apps than ever.

Keep looking up free agents, get yourself known, form some in-game alliances.

All of these help. Maybe ask for suggestions im sure a lot of players will put down what kind of clan they would like to join and from there you see what you get (hopefully not bandits)

Lue    25

I've been running the lost and found hobo nation since I came here and that was back in June. Since then I have maybe recruited 4 people from the initial 5... 2 of those 4 quit or became inactive. I currently have 2 fresh recruits that are fantastic fits and add a whole new portion to the group. Point is, my clan isn't " popular " in the sense that I have people applying left and right for being a hobo... It's a very unique style of play/RP and not for many. It takes a lot of dedication to stay true to our system... Giving up super military weapons in exchange for double barrel shotguns and crowbars, etc... We play simple and live simple... I've dropped pkm pkp rpk whatever for nothing more than a Enfield or a shotgun.

Again... Not many people would do that for RP cause shiny gear is shiny.

As brought out... Just find what fits you and stay true to it. I may not have tons of members but the ones I have are quality and I don't think anyone can really say they had a negative interaction with my clan from a RP perspective. Most people seek us out again and again to play with us and see where it leads.... Last group got to go to Zenon and fight the grays...

Good luck!

Chris Kyle    0

I've been running the lost and found hobo nation since I came here and that was back in June. Since then I have maybe recruited 4 people from the initial 5... 2 of those 4 quit or became inactive. I currently have 2 fresh recruits that are fantastic fits and add a whole new portion to the group. Point is, my clan isn't " popular " in the sense that I have people applying left and right for being a hobo... It's a very unique style of play/RP and not for many. It takes a lot of dedication to stay true to our system... Giving up super military weapons in exchange for double barrel shotguns and crowbars, etc... We play simple and live simple... I've dropped pkm pkp rpk whatever for nothing more than a Enfield or a shotgun.

Again... Not many people would do that for RP cause shiny gear is shiny.

As brought out... Just find what fits you and stay true to it. I may not have tons of members but the ones I have are quality and I don't think anyone can really say they had a negative interaction with my clan from a RP perspective. Most people seek us out again and again to play with us and see where it leads.... Last group got to go to Zenon and fight the grays...

Good luck!

Thanks Lue. "Just find what fits you and stay true to it" This is what I'm going to do. Thanks Again.

Hello Everyone. I have finally made up my mind with something that has never been done before that involves the US Army. You can see it here. Please tell me what you think on that thread please. Thank you to everyone who posted here.