Server time: 2017-10-20, 01:38
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
The Traveler

DayzRP Rejects: Writers wanted!

The Traveler    137

Had this one under my sleeve for a few weeks , but I thought I would finally see what people think of the idea....

DayZRP Rejects (WIP Title):

The synopsis is as follows:

The rejects... the weird ones, the odd ones out... the unwanted and even feared... all societies have them... and the gaming community is no different... with one of the best examples of this fact being DayZRP... The pointless thieves, the zealot heroes, the squeaky teens and hopeless of noobs, the douchiest of asshats to the most annoying of helpful souls... all are seen throughout the realms of Chernarus as if they should be common place...

Our story sees an unlikely group of 4 of these such rejects... A Noob, a Hero, a Bandit and a Nerd join forces in the common cause on a server wide journey , meeting many of their fellow rejects along the way, all in the name of finding a hacker whom has, not only wronged them, but has also brought ruin to a society that was once the breeding ground of interesting RP.

With antics that will make the coldest of bodyguards chuckle, to the most tear jerking of events that will make even the most steeled of bandits burst into tears, The DayZRP Rejects will be a series that will be sure to leave a lasting impact on you even after the server restarts...

So I guesse my question is... does anyone want to hear more?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Ok then chaps :D

Got a good bit of interest in the project from you guys so I will continue :D

This is a you tube series I have had in the back of my mind for a long time now and, due to my dwindling time actually able to play DayZRP, I figured I would set the cogs in motion to getting this project underway :D

The idea is that it would be a Drama/Comedy series, with actors, writers , directors and camera men coming from the community :D

I have quite a few awesome ideas for some episodes lined up, but as of this minute I need people whom are interested in being writers/producers for the series...

Anyone can apply, but the following questions must be taken into consideration when you do apply (said applications being put on this post AND PM'd to me, so I can refer to them much quicker if need be):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Age?

-English skills?

-Experience with writing? (That is books, scripts, articles in your Sunday newspaper, anything with words on it basically ;) )

-Why do you want to be part of the project?

-What do you believe is the main skill or quality you will be able to bring to the writing team?

-1 Idea you would love to bring to the series if you had your way?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

There will roughly be about 3-5 writing positions (including my own contributions) and it is crucial that we can all come together for 1 day in the week (friday is probably best) to brainstorm ideas and get shizzle done :D

But that is about it for now, the project should hopefully be coming into fruition this side of Christmas, and might even be in production (and ready for release) by some time in February in it's entirety if I can get my way :P

So thanks for reading this update, and I hope to be seeing some applications very soon :D

Had this one under my sleeve for a few weeks , but I thought I would finally see what people think of the idea....

DayZRP Rejects (WIP Title):

The synopsis is as follows:

The rejects... the weird ones, the odd ones out... the unwanted and even feared... all societies have them... and the gaming community is no different... with one of the best examples of this fact being DayZRP... The pointless thieves, the zealot heroes, the squeaky teens and hopeless of noobs, the douchiest of asshats to the most annoying of helpful souls... all are seen throughout the realms of Chernarus as if they should be common place...

Our story sees an unlikely group of 4 of these such rejects... A Noob, a Hero, a Bandit and a Nerd join forces in the common cause on a server wide journey , meeting many of their fellow rejects along the way, all in the name of finding a hacker whom has, not only wronged them, but has also brought ruin to a society that was once the breeding ground of interesting RP.

With antics that will make the coldest of bodyguards chuckle, to the most tear jerking of events that will make even the most steeled of bandits burst into tears, The DayZRP Rejects will be a series that will be sure to leave a lasting impact on you even after the server restarts...

So I guesse my question is... does anyone want to here more?

My curiousity is piqued

Sir Doctor    3

Interesting idea :D how do you plan to do this?

Guest ItsPavel   
Guest ItsPavel

I'd definitely be willing to help :)

The Traveler    137

UPDATE:

Ok then chaps :D

Got a good bit of interest in the project from you guys so I will continue :D

This is a you tube series I have had in the back of my mind for a long time now and, due to my dwindling time actually able to play DayZRP, I figured I would set the cogs in motion to getting this project underway :D

The idea is that it would be a Drama/Comedy series, with actors, writers , directors and camera men coming from the community :D

I have quite a few awesome ideas for some episodes lined up, but as of this minute I need people whom are interested in being writers/producers for the series...

Anyone can apply, but the following questions must be taken into consideration when you do apply (said applications being put on this post AND PM'd to me, so I can refer to them much quicker if need be):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Age?

-English skills?

-Experience with writing? (That is books, scripts, articles in your Sunday newspaper, anything with words on it basically ;) )

-Why do you want to be part of the project?

-What do you believe is the main skill or quality you will be able to bring to the writing team?

-1 Idea you would love to bring to the series if you had your way?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

There will roughly be about 3-5 writing positions (including my own contributions) and it is crucial that we can all come together for 1 day in the week (friday is probably best) to brainstorm ideas and get shizzle done :D

But that is about it for now, the project should hopefully be coming into fruition this side of Christmas, and might even be in production (and ready for release) by some time in February in it's entirety if I can get my way :P

So thanks for reading this update, and I hope to be seeing some applications very soon :D

This seems like a cool idea, I would like to volunteer to be apart of the writing team.

My age is 17 years old, English is my primary language, Aside form English projects that have gotten good grades in writing, I have done a bit of writing has a hobby.

The reason I would like to be involved is that I think it would be a very interesting experience, I have never really been on a writing team but I would love to get my foot in the door and try it out with you guys.

My main skill could be my imaginative story telling, I could do something like fantasy and have no problem switching to a new project like science fiction or even historical fiction. Given enough time I think I could do some great stuff.

I would have the hero be a sort of a broken character, my idea is that throughout the series the hero is consistently pestered by the bandit character who is curious about the heroes past. In the series we are given hints as to why the hero is the way ha/she is and the bandit being the outspoken and crude person the he/she is, often expresses his/her distrust of the hero.

A rough idea that I made up on the fly, the foundation of my idea is there but it definitely needs to be expanded upon.

The Traveler    137

This seems like a cool idea, I would like to volunteer to be apart of the writing team.

My age is 17 years old, English is my primary language, Aside form English projects that have gotten good grades in writing, I have done a bit of writing has a hobby.

The reason I would like to be involved is that I think it would be a very interesting experience, I have never really been on a writing team but I would love to get my foot in the door and try it out with you guys.

My main skill could be my imaginative story telling, I could do something like fantasy and have no problem switching to a new project like science fiction or even historical fiction. Given enough time I think I could do some great stuff.

I would have the hero be a sort of a broken character, my idea is that throughout the series the hero is consistently pestered by the bandit character who is curious about the heroes past. In the series we are given hints as to why the hero is the way ha/she is and the bandit being the outspoken and crude person the he/she is, often expresses his/her distrust of the hero.

A rough idea that I made up on the fly, the foundation of my idea is there but it definitely needs to be expanded upon.

Sounds promising :D But gonna wait till a few more sign up before making any decisions ;D

Sounds promising :D But gonna wait till a few more sign up before making any decisions ;D

Great, its all ways best to explore as many options as possible, I hope that you make a well thought out decision, even if I don't get picked I would still love to see this series come about.

The Traveler    137

Other Jobs that will be needed later on into the production:

-Camera Men

-Director (Maybe ;D, I mean come on , I'm not that posh ;D)

-Composer (For the Show's music and such ;) )

-And of course actors ;D (but there will be a separate post about actors when we get that far ;D)

Just give me a PM if you think I should look into anyone for any of the jobs above ;)