Server time: 2017-08-20, 11:52

Sign in to follow this  
rusticclimber

Should fake IDs be a thing?

Question

Hey everyone, I'm currently banned fro. The servers and have been taking some time to read over formal ban accusations on the forums. I'm posting this because I'm doubtful on how fake IDs work, how would it even be possible to make fake IDs I. The apocalypse (considering electricity is out I suppose) and how does another player get to decide wether they realize your ID is fake or not. Would be great If someone could explain this.

8 answers to this question

As far as I know, if you show a fake ID to someone who has never met you before, they cannot become suspicious. If let's say, you run into a clan you always have troubles with, and you give them a fake ID, they obviously can become suspicious as they may recognize you in some way.

Also, although making fake IDs would be nearly impossible, you can infer they could have gotten the fake ID off a corpse or something along those lines.

Hey everyone, I'm currently banned fro. The servers and have been taking some time to read over formal ban accusations on the forums. I'm posting this because I'm doubtful on how fake IDs work, how would it even be possible to make fake IDs I. The apocalypse (considering electricity is out I suppose) and how does another player get to decide wether they realize your ID is fake or not. Would be great If someone could explain this.

Btw replace the first period with an 'm', and the second with an 'n'. I'm typing this on my IPad so yeah.

As far as I know, if you show a fake ID to someone who has never met you before, they cannot become suspicious. If let's say, you run into a clan you always have troubles with, and you give them a fake ID, they obviously can become suspicious as they may recognize you in some way.

Also, although making fake IDs would be nearly impossible, you can infer they could have gotten the fake ID off a corpse or something along those lines.

Right but an ID would surely show a picture and I'm pretty sure you'd be able to tell the difference. Also what is the person just changes his/her clothes I mean one never really looks to much at other people's faces as they are all pretty similar. I just feel like the fake ID thing sort of ruins the game's consistency a bit.

While I have used this *fake ID* stuff in the past, I really do not like it. There are so many limitations already in this game because of the arma engine, and if we could distinguish each other better I wouldn't mind so much, but we can not.

But whoever is handed your fake ID does have the right to beleive its a fake or to not believe it at their lesuire. They can also, if they have had multipule situations with you, recognize your voice, and looks.

While I have used this *fake ID* stuff in the past, I really do not like it. There are so many limitations already in this game because of the arma engine, and if we could distinguish each other better I wouldn't mind so much, but we can not.

But whoever is handed your fake ID does have the right to beleive its a fake or to not believe it at their lesuire. They can also, if they have had multipule situations with you, recognize your voice, and looks.

Oh ok so you can literally just say that it's obviously fake? As for the second thing you said it's not that hard to change your voice and find a new set of clothes, it just feels to me like with this fake I'd thing you can more or less create a completely different character. I mean obviously no one is going to trust you because well they can tell you're giving them a fake in real life. But you could still pull of a sort of alternate character.

Oh ok so you can literally just say that it's obviously fake? As for the second thing you said it's not that hard to change your voice and find a new set of clothes, it just feels to me like with this fake I'd thing you can more or less create a completely different character. I mean obviously no one is going to trust you because well they can tell you're giving them a fake in real life. But you could still pull of a sort of alternate character.

Well, you can play all the alternate characters you want. But those are completely different characters and cannot operate in your main characters clan. Also its not a good idea to change your main characters name, unless its changed also on the clan CP and clan roster.

Just be careful how you go about it to avoid powergaming and metagaming.

You can change your character's name? I thought that was against the rules, sounds a bit ridiculous to me.

Sure you can change it. Just not in the middle of combat, or ongoing situation. Just make sure its changed elsewhere as well.

Guest The Nightmare   
Guest The Nightmare

All you got to do is write a name on a piece of paper and say its your ID for instance ->

(Maxym Annikov): *Takes out a pen and paper and writes down the name "Joe Adderson" on the paper"

As easy as 123 :P