Server time: 2017-10-18, 13:06
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
JakeWalford

Character weapons experience?

JakeWalford    5

So I thought about the situations where you see a doctor running around with a RKM or similar and I thought, what if your character was limited to a weapon based upon his backstory and in game weapons "training" to determine how well they used said weapon. I know it's all a big choice by the user of how they wish to RP but I would love to see more people acting like they don't know how to handle certain weapons and what not.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Nothing that can be enforced, completely optional.

Tommy Welsh    0

I try to stick to some sort of rifle (as my character enjoyed hunting) but who's going to leave a pkp or a silenced ak on the floor?

Alan Woods    3

I have heard of this a lot of times.

I consider this as a bit hardcore,but still very enjoyable.Imagine not being able to fire at zeds...

Also,since most people choose military or para military type background,it's gonna be hard,but there are some who do this and it's enjoyable to see them suck at using a simple gun.

JakeWalford    5

I tried this on a character as a farmer once as it is completely optional. I only used hunting rifles and shotguns for a long time until my new character. I have to admit its hard to do yes, but it's more for the experience.

spartan119    1

Eddie from WTV rp'd this once and I had to show him ic how to reload it

Great rp option my ic character is military becos of my irl experience

DeadKiller    0

Well my character is a doctor and he knows a lot about weapons but as part of his RP background he is a gun collector and has military throughout his family.

Mush    2

Yesterday, I found a RKM in a barn, and logged off near Altar.

I went on later that day and found an MP5 in a tent near Stary, I swapped it out for the RKM because it fitted with my character more, I was from the West, and the RKM (I believe) is an Eastern weapon, I also was well known for my CQ training.

I agree, more people should do that.

Popeye509    1

If we are totally thinking about it realistically. Do you not think that in a years time most people would know how to handle a assault rifle or something similar. Just a thought to keep in mind it has been a year since the outbreak.

DeadKiller    0

Also if you have even the most basic of weapon training you would be able to figure out how to fire and reload a weapon with 3 minutes of inspecting the gun.

spartan119    1

Anyone can operate an ak only thing you gotta train for is the recoil but yeah after a year most people would have done this

Thumper    0

You do have people in everyday lives that can pick up any weapon and work it. I was never in the military, but have shot every type of gun imaginae since I could walk. I didnt have a job until later in life where a weapon is part of my job. So, its possible that your everyday John Q. Public can use anything they find.

Reptile449    0

I went on later that day and found an MP5 in a tent near Stary, I swapped it out for the RKM because it fitted with my character more, I was from the West, and the RKM (I believe) is an Eastern weapon, I also was well known for my CQ training.

The RKM is an American world war 2 era light machine gun, just for for future reference.

Having no weapon experience is fun when you have strong professionals around to help you, but running through a field screaming being chased by a horde can make you feel a bit silly if theres no one around to hear it.

Hatch    0

When I played as an african medic, I stuck with either a normal AK or a Bizon SD :)

And when I ran Southern Crew, we only used AK's, Micro UZI's and Baseball bats.

Mush    2

The RKM is an American world war 2 era light machine gun, just for for future reference.

Having no weapon experience is fun when you have strong professionals around to help you, but running through a field screaming being chased by a horde can make you feel a bit silly if theres no one around to hear it.

Cheers!

JakeWalford    5

Yeah I agree most people would know how to use a gun of most kinds by this point as I do competition shooting IRL and some of the competitions here in Texas will give you randomized weapons that you may or may not have handled before so I can see where it's easy to learn how to use. What I was talking about is how everyone automatically knows the weapon they pick ups name and how it works right off the bat.

Herr    0

My old IRA character had great experience with weapons due to the firefights we git ourselves into, but as of recently my new Valeriyvich is more the talker and my brother does the shooting.

pejay    1

My character being a hunter only started out using CZ's and Winchester,but after a while and a good couple of interactions with other players, some of them teaching him the basics he slowly started moving up to bigger guns

Cid    333

My character knows how to use most guns, but only sticks to using a hatchet. He only uses his primary if he absolutely needs to. He also carries a sidearm in his backpack to use before using the primary.

Snoop    0

I once met a guy on top of the Elektro school, saying 'how do I hold this weapon' etc. He stated that he has never shot a gun before. That was pretty cool how he asked me how to fire, reload, etc.

Siorre    0

My bounty hunter is skilled in AKMs and PKPs as his father war Russian. So I kinda like to keep him with just standard akms or aks and if I get my hand on a pkp, then you're fucked xD

Sign in to follow this