Server time: 2017-08-23, 17:45

Sign in to follow this  
Mush

Donation Exchange Skins & Adding In-Game Skins (Poll)

Do you think civilian skins should be added to the Donation Exchange?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think civilian skins should be added to the Donation Exchange?

• Yes
    • No

Mush    2

Hello,

This thought came to me when thinking about a backstory for a new character. I like my characters to have identity and like them to be recognised.

So, you know the skins you find in-game? Well I personally think we should add them either to the donation exchange or a separate page (where all the really common skins are for activation).

Also, skins such as police officer skins, priest skins and the nice suits, would be a good edition, although these are rare, so perhaps add a small price (such as €1).

I was thinking of creating a police officer character but didn't want to look around for a police skin every time I re-spawned.

In conclusion, I think common in-game skins (civilian, worker, takistani civilian skins) should be available for activation whenever, and perhaps rarer loot-able skins (police officer, priest, smart suit) should have a smaller than usual price on them like €1, or cost nothing.

I think this will be a good idea, what do you think?

I will answer questions if needed :)

Thank you!

EDITED POST

Pros: Character Identity

Cons: Loosing the looting aspect

TL;DR We should add most if not all the civilian skins into the donation exchange, or their own activation page for use.

Alan Woods    3

Well,I wouldn't see the problem with it,but then you would have people running around as priests,policemen and other stuff.

So no.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Well,I wouldn't see the problem with it,but then you would have people running around as priests,policemen and other stuff.

So no.

I don't see the problem with people running round as priests, Could add some great RP, Although I do agree with you about the police.

Frayzies    6

Ghillies being purchasable on the donation exchange gets a firm "no" from me.

I also don't understand the thinking behind making lootable skins cheaper. If anything they should be more expensive because you're deciding to circumvent the process of actually looking for the skin by buying them. I do agree that things like police officer skins and other commonplace sets of clothing that would be "easy" to find in Chernarus should be on the donation exchange, and I'd price them the usual $5 if it were up to me.

So no.

What's wrong with people roleplaying as police and priests? People already do this but they end up doing it without the proper clothing.

Mush    2

So perhaps put those skins at a price? Like I stated people will want those skins more, so putting them at a price may bring the amount down :P also, it could add interesting RP for everyone, say the police don't even care about the laws anymore, sending the citizens haywire.

I think it'd be cool :)

Alan Woods    3

So no.

I don't see the problem with people running round as priests, Could add some great RP, Although I do agree with you about the police.

It's not like you will see some people,you will see all of them.Trust me,1 euro or 5 euros aren't hard to spend.

I also don't understand the thinking behind making lootable skins cheaper. If anything they should be more expensive because you're deciding to circumvent the process of actually looking for the skin by buying them. I do agree that things like police officer skins and other commonplace sets of clothing that would be "easy" to find in Chernarus should be on the donation exchange, and I'd price them the usual $5 if it were up to me.

So no.

What's wrong with people roleplaying as police and priests? People already do this but they end up doing it without the proper clothing.

No,it's not roleplaying as one,but all new guys will be doing the same thing.

Frayzies    6

So no.

It's not like you will see some people,you will see all of them.Trust me,1 euro or 5 euros aren't hard to spend.

So no.

So long as they aren't being offensive, stay within the realm of reality, and are following the rules, what other people decide to roleplay is none of my or your concern. There's also a number of other $5 skins on the donation exchange; what exactly makes you think every new player is going to go for priest or police officer when the usual background story is about a spec-ops badass?

Mush    2

Hm, it was just to add some identity I suppose, are takistani civilian skins lootable? :)

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

So no.

So no.

Well if the majority of people like to roleplay a priest or police then let it be, I don't see a problem with it. 80% or more run around as ex military or some sort of military force in there background so what's the problem with this? As it would add more options to roleplay.

Mush    2

Well if the majority of people like to roleplay a priest or police then let it be, I don't see a problem with it. 80% or more run around as ex military or some sort of military force in there background so what's the problem with this? As it would add more options to roleplay.

Yes! :D

So long as they aren't being offensive, stay within the realm of reality, and are following the rules, what other people decide to roleplay is none of my or your concern. There's also a number of other $5 skins on the donation exchange; what exactly makes you think every new player is going to go for priest or police officer when the usual background story is about a spec-ops badass?

This.

I wanna role play as a rocker but it's hard to do if you die and come back as a farmer.

Mush    2

I wanna role play as a rocker but it's hard to do if you die and come back as a farmer.

Yeah that's where I was heading with this, just the really simple skins that you can spawn with can be activated.

Mush    2

I suggest we make some sort of pros and cons list

I agree! If anyone has any of them, post them and I'll add them to the thread!

BeastMade    0

are you saying that ghillie would cost only €1?!?! noo nnooo and no. and you can find mercenary skins ingame and they still cost €5?

Mush    2

are you saying that ghillie would cost only €1?!?! noo nnooo and no. and you can find mercenary skins ingame and they still cost €5?

OH HELL NO!

Ghillies IMO shouldn't be in Donation Exchange, if they were they should be €10 at least.

I think it should be civ skins only, not military, maybe police.

Like I said, I'm roll playing as a rocker and until I find the right skin it feels really weird rping without it.

Mush    2

Like I said, I'm roll playing as a rocker and until I find the right skin it feels really weird rping without it.

Exactly, this needs to be done :P

Exactly, this needs to be done :P

Yes please.

pal10    0

Yeah. This is what I missed quite a time. I was playing as some sort of hunter/lumberjack and I had to search all the farm houses to finally find the right skin after hours of searching every time I died.

There are some pretty cool starting skins, too.

Well military skins are useful for the military-based clans. I think it's great to a have a very large selection of different skins that suit everybody roleplay ;)

Ghillies have to be hard to get and a rare item imo.

Mush    2

Well military skins are useful for the military-based clans. I think it's great to a have a very large selection of different skins that suit everybody roleplay ;)

Yeah I agree.

Yeah I agree with that.

Could we get any statement from Rolle or anyone in charge?

Mush    2

Yeah I agree with that.

Could we get any statement from Rolle or anyone in charge?

I will send him a poke on TS saying check out the thread, he might totally hate it, but in a way, some of it is getting him more money, so he might love it :D

I will send him a poke on TS saying check out the thread, he might totally hate it, but in a way, some of it is getting him more money, so he might love it :D

Might get him more money and making it a better RP experience :)