Server time: 2017-08-23, 14:06

Sign in to follow this  
MrStevetic

Survival Kit 101

MrStevetic    0

Steve-Irwin-Fanpop.com_.jpg

G'day I'm Zombie Steve Irwin, proof that not even a stingray can keep a guy like me down in Chernarus

Now look through that tree line- see that zombie over there? She's a beaut isn't she? She's probably eaten 10 survivors today and will probably have some more that aren't well equipped enough to survive in this wasteland.

So although it's detrimental to my diet, I've been asked to explain to you the basics of a good survival kit

Step 1- Food n Drink

Now this is a mainstay for any survivor, bandit, thief or dirty commie out here in the Chernarussian wilderness.

Food comes mainly from cans, but if you're lucky enough to find a beast out there, and have the gear necessary to gut and butcher it- that can be a pretty decent source too.

Food's pretty common, so you can generally make do with 2 cans in your kit at all times to get you through those times when you're hungry enough to eat just about anything.

Drink however, that can be as a rare as hens teeth.

CRIKEY! Look over there. That's Metallium Potest Nitri or a metal can of soda for you guys out there. Isn't she a beaut?! Now these are rare, but their relative Utrem Aquae the refillable water bottle are an endangered species and need our protection. If you find either of these guys out in the wild take good care of them.

If you can't find the water bottles, try and keep 2-3 cans of drink on you at all times. you'll get thirsty more than you'll get hungry, so make sure you've always got a luke-warm can of your favourite there.

Now if you've managed to find a waterbottle, but are stocked up on cans, don't turn ya nose up at it. A water bottle in these conditions can save your life AND they can be used more than once. What a little beauty she is eh? Once you get one, hang onto it, and try and get a second.

You can fill these up at any pond, a well (they're cylindrical with a pump and often found in towns) or at any blue barrel in your local survivor camp.

Even if you've got two, try and keep a can of soda on you as well. If you're a long way between water sources, that extra can can be the difference between death, and filling up those canteens.

Now lets look at that other important part of any true-blue survivor's kit.....

Medical Supplies

Now a good ol' sawbones is pretty hard to find around these parts nowadays, so having a good idea of what you need to patch yourself up is a must!

In your kit you want to have at all times the following:

2x Bandages- you'll start off with these, they stop bleeding, very important.

2x Painkillers- Now sometimes, if a true-blue dinki-di zombie battler like myself hits ya, we're gonna hit ya good and proper, and you're gonna feel it. If ya get the shakes, pop a pack of these chewable delights down and you'll stop shaking, at least until I hit ya again

1x Morphine Now if I beat on ya hard and long enough, I'll break your legs, heck I might only need to hit ya once and do it. This beauty here is for those moment's when you wanna get on ya feet and do the two-step away from me and me mates really quick.

1x Wipes This KFC after dinner special is great for getting grease off your fingers, cleaning smart phone screens, and clearing the muck off from your scratches and bites. Cause, being dead and all I don't bathe much anymore, sometimes when I hit you I'm gonna start a bit of an infection inside ya. you'll wanna use that wipe real quick or else you're gonna need.....

1x Antibiotics These will cure infections that will cause ya to be sick until you die and turn into a true-blue dinki-di survivor eater like me.

1-2 Bloodbags Now you can't use these on yourself, but a mate can give ya a transfusion really well if you've been beat up on by me a fair bit. Always have one for yourself, and another for that mate if he needs it.

So that's the self-preservation stuff taken care of. In the next episode, I'll show ya how to turn from Zombie Crocodile Hunter food, to Zombie hunter.

//Feedback as always is appreciated//

//edit: have updated some formatting and typos//

Borotov    0

You left out the part where you spot the most deadly creature known to man kind, then describe how one drop of it's poison can kill 10 men your size....

then say "I'm going to go touch it" xD

All in all good guide though :)

Kravock    1

haha nice guide mate. Might want to change that dark red to a lighter colour, bit hard to read on the dark grey background.

MrStevetic    0

You left out the part where you spot the most deadly creature known to man kind, then describe how one drop of it's poison can kill 10 men your size....

then say "I'm going to go touch it" xD

All in all good guide though :)

Was gonna do that in the next part :D

Guest Brāy   
Guest Brāy

Steve erwin.. what a beast

Good guide i like your description of the wipes good old chernarussian KFC ;)

I pick up all the water bottles I come across and fill/boil them, then I give away my surplus bottles to people in need. These things save lives all the time. I also try to carry extra medical supplies and give them to people who have none.

Great guide. Only idea is what I like to do on DayZ is 4 pistol / SMG mags and 4 bandages. Never know when you might be with someone who doesn't have one. This would work if you're playing completely by yourself though. Unless you like hugging zombies, of course.

Always carry whatever spare food/water/medication you can. You never know when those favors would come in handy.

If you have room and stumble across an extra weapon be sure to give it to a Chernarussian citizen so they can defend themselves!

i dont bother with food and water, i keep 2/3 pain killers, 2 morphine, 2 or more blood bags (depends on what im doing) a shot gun and a hell of a lot pf pellets

Sign in to follow this