Server time: 2017-10-22, 19:22
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
TomG

Silenced sniper rifles

TomG    0

What do you guys think of more silenced sniper rifles? Currently there is only the VSS I think.

I will look on armaholic now.

Alan Woods    4

Well,I wouldn't really have a problem with it,as long as damage is ofcourse toned down when using a silencer.

TomG    0

Well,I wouldn't really have a problem with it,as long as damage is ofcourse toned down when using a silencer.

Yeah, I wouldn't want sniper rifles that are silenced that have like 10k+ damage, but nothing less than 6k. I think it would be great to be stealthy.

Alan Woods    4

Yeah, I wouldn't want sniper rifles that are silenced that have like 10k+ damage, but nothing less than 6k. I think it would be great to be stealthy.

Reconsider that the current rifles do 8k,so 5-6k wouldn't hurt.

Oldman    22

There is a MK17SD sniper. Effective up to 300 meters. A bit better to handle then the VSS. Also it would do less then 8k damage since its the MK17SD magazine. However it would be a rare weapon since MK17 is rare all ready. A silenced sniper is a bit contradictive if I say this correct.

Guest Vendetta   
Guest Vendetta

MSR SD but make it really really rare.

TomG    0

MK17SD I have never seen one in game so how rare are they? Also, we need some more common ones.

Alan Woods    4

Think it would be better to remove the VSS Vintorez, but put/keep the mk17 in the game.

No.

VSS is a good gun and not that easy to use(PSO Scope).

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

Think it would be better to remove the VSS Vintorez, but put/keep the mk17 in the game.

No. VSS is fucking epic!

MK17SD I have never seen one in game so how rare are they? Also, we need some more common ones.

I have been shot by it numerous times.

#Nostalgia

Miss you Wookie.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

And the RP reasoning for that? AFAIK the VSS is Russian, so it's more likely to be in Chernarus than a MK17-SD.

And like Kilgore said, it's fucking epic.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

Well. I don't like it but if everyone else does, then keep it!

Bang up armory, shooting range, w/e. Get use to it, and love it.

Silent, 4x Scope, Flameless, Semi to Full auto. 20rnds, 8k dmg.

Prince    119

MK17SD is the best weapon in Arma 2!

TomG    0

MK17SD is the best weapon in Arma 2!

And probably the rarest on DayZRP.

Guest The Nightmare   
Guest The Nightmare

tone the blood damage down a lot.

Ego    1

Mother of god no to silenced snipers, they are overused as it is.

TomG    0

How are they overused?

Haven't even seen 1 scoped VSS yet.

Ego    1

I mean snipers in general on DayZ are overused.

TomG    0

I mean snipers in general on DayZ are overused.

Maybe the CZ or the mosin but not things like DMR's or anything. Common silenced ones would be great.

Guest Steve87   
Guest Steve87

No.

VSS is a good gun and not that easy to use(PSO Scope).

The PSO optic is actually ridiculously easy to use, other optics to find range you usually have to use an equation, for example take the optic on the DMR and SPR in DayZ: range = (target height in meters * 1000) / target height in mildots. Which for example could be something similar to r = (1.8 * 1000) / 2.2 = 818m distance. The PSO optic has ranging targets directly on the overlay itself for standing, crouching and prone targets. Standing is the largest curve on the left, crouching is the smaller curve on the left and you measure the distance of a prone target using the hatches on the horizontal crosshair line.

If people actually looked into these things then maybe people would appreciate the weapons more when they found them.

People who are saying turn the blood damage down a bit, if what everyone is here for is immersion then if someone gets hit in the chest with a 5.56x45 round they are dying, that's the long and short of it to be perfectly honest, in this case any Stanag rifle would be a one hit kill. Now suppressed weapons have dampened velocity, everyone understands this. If you want to add any kind of immersion then that requires a rework of most of the game. Just because a suppressor dampens the velocity of a round doesn't mean a high calibre round like a 7.62 it isn't going to do a fucking shit ton of damage from something as close as 400-500m.

A lot of people here seem to go on about immersion being ruined blah this blah that, nothing ruins the immersion more for me than some guy surviving an SVD shot to the chest. Like I said, a 5.56 round to the chest would kill you. A 7.62 round to the chest will leave a gaping hole in your chest. Turning down blood damage makes no sense, especially when it comes to such high calibre rifles.