Server time: 2017-08-19, 13:07

Sign in to follow this  
R Steele

Settlement Attack rule

Settlement Attack Rule  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Settlement Attack Rule

• Yes
    • Yes, but with some changes (please specify in reply)
    • No (please state why in reply)

R Steele    0

I know this is a big issue right now and feel a suggestion like this is warranted. I would like to suggest a rule along these lines.

1- If a clan attacks a settlement then they can't attack another settlement for a set period perhaps a period of 2-3 days

2- To prevent abuse of this by a clan planning with their Allies "ok we attacked this settlement today you attack it later today or tomorrow" when an attack is done on a settlement it gets posted into a section of the forums. There could then be a cooldown period in which no one may attack that settlement.

3- Civilians that are not part of a clan should not be allowed to attack settlements as there is to much confusion as to who is involved as shown by a recent situation which occured at the Nest in which the verdict posted said a rule change was incoming.

I am going to make this a poll and if you vote yes with changes or you vote no I ask that you explain why in a reply

Guest Tizi808   
Guest Tizi808

Yes there should e some sort of rule for people that aren't apart of a clan. But c'mon, disallowing people to attack settlements for 2-3 days? What's next, People complain about free medics getting robbed. Are you goin to put a cool down on Robbin them?

Nowhere is safe in DayZRP and settlements gather around huge groups of people. And it's going to get attacked. Whoopdy doo!

R Steele    0

Yes there should e some sort of rule for people that aren't apart of a clan. But c'mon, disallowing people to attack settlements for 2-3 days? What's next, People complain about free medics getting robbed. Are you goin to put a cool down on Robbin them?

Nowhere is safe in DayZRP and settlements gather around huge groups of people. And it's going to get attacked. Whoopdy doo!

Yeah but this is an RP server not just pvp where is the RP in a settlement getting attacked so damn often and sometimes multiple times a day

Rolle    2450

We've had something similar in mind, but the admins are split about how the rule should be implemented.

For now, more LAVs? :troll:

Othuyeg    20

Simple solution, don't go to settlements. No RP to be found in a place where you can't hear your own thoughts and where you know for sure you will end up sitting unarmed for extended periods of time as a result of yet one raid. And with a bit of luck you will be shot by crossfire or simply executed because of something fancy. Like looking too much like a zombie. Or a celebrity.

I avoid those places. Safer and much more actual interaction in Cherno.

R Steele    0

We've had something similar in mind, but the admins are split about how the rule should be implemented.

well I hope something can be done soon as it is completely out of hand as it is now. Personally I like the LAV thought lol

Popeye509    1

I would prefer allowing civs to attack settlements as if they are organised it can work. I myself sort of did that once. It was more of a robbery turned into a takeover but we held or a while and inevitably failed when the Gwarri brothers, CLF and the royal scots attacked us, but it was great fun and it didn't end in a bunch of koses.

Des8559    0

I'd agree but I'd like to see more hostages taken my char strangely is looking to meet a big group and only time I do they are generally attacking or defending meaning no rp for me as a civ as I get told to piss off ha ha

R Steele    0

I would prefer allowing civs to attack settlements as if they are organised it can work. I myself sort of did that once. It was more of a robbery turned into a takeover but we held or a while and inevitably failed when the Gwarri brothers, CLF and the royal scots attacked us, but it was great fun and it didn't end in a bunch of koses.

Popeye if you had seen what happened at the Nest the other day I am sure you could see why it is suggested this way. To many people look for ways around the rules and loopholes and not everyone straight up attacks

Ghost    8

Steele I completely agree with you and rule 3 about the civs is defiantly needed as it's sooooooooooo confusing when civs attack!

But not everyone wants to be in a clan .... Next you'll all be saying you need to be associated with a clan to rp with other clans sometimes it's good to contribute as a civilian as you aren't tied down to one group of people

Yes I agree sometimes people purposely pose as civilians to find loopholes in the rules and get away with murder(pun intended) ... But don't cast a net over all of civs because of the actions of a few.

Trimbly    0

yes, there needs to be rules but the limit should not be days it should be hours or once per 2 restarts. Also you cannot completely not allow the randoms from having the ability to group up and raid but they should have to make an identifying mark in there name that shows they are in a group say something like (ex. Paul Donnolly "g1") or somthing along those lines I know this requires people to log and change the character name but something that shows they are not alone is a necessity also, something that needs addressing is the people that hear about a raid or fight and want to go help that needs to stop because people are running to these fights getting blasted and making reports wasting the staff's time with something they brought on themselves by looking for a fight.

tldr; yes but less then days wait, randoms make group ids and randoms shouldn't go looking for fights they aren't involved in.

R Steele    0

yes, there needs to be rules but the limit should not be days it should be hours or once per 2 restarts. Also you cannot completely not allow the randoms from having the ability to group up and raid but they should have to make an identifying mark in there name that shows they are in a group say something like (ex. Paul Donnolly "g1") or somthing along those lines I know this requires people to log and change the character name but something that shows they are not alone is a necessity also, something that needs addressing is the people that hear about a raid or fight and want to go help that needs to stop because people are running to these fights getting blasted and making reports wasting the staff's time with something they brought on themselves by looking for a fight.

tldr; yes but less then days wait, randoms make group ids and randoms shouldn't go looking for fights they aren't involved in.

as for the days it needs to be that as settlements are getting attacked way to often. Sometimes it is happening multiple times per day.. The civilian rule needs to be done as well it is impossible to identify who is involved as there is no XML then they shoot you in the back cause you think it is all clear.

Either that or what I heard 1 GM and and admin suggest when I was talking to them and just get rid of the settlements because people grief them so bad it makes them impossible to enjoy for what they were meant for

Trimbly    0

as for the days it needs to be that as settlements are getting attacked way to often. Sometimes it is happening multiple times per day.. The civilian rule needs to be done as well it is impossible to identify who is involved as there is no XML then they shoot you in the back cause you think it is all clear.

Either that or what I heard 1 GM and and admin suggest when I was talking to them and just get rid of the settlements because people grief them so bad it makes them impossible to enjoy for what they were meant for

Taking them out all together would effect the role play as they are the only places I've seen large numbers of players congregate. But now I understand the waiting period of days instead of hours yet I see a problem in that if a raiding party forgets to make the post about it or a group doesn't check they may raid even though there is a cool down in effect.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

My suggestion is still that if a group attacks a settlement and dies, they need at least 1 week to reattack. For example, a group attacks Desal. They lose, they shouldn't be able to regear and attack the Nest, considering they just lost their members, there is NO RP WAY that they are back in numbers and abla to reattack another camp.

About the civs, I recommend: either attack with an xml, or do different initiations, each one with his own. OR, any randomer that is not disarmed after an initiaton CAN be shot by both CRs and attackers

But TBH I'm not expecting anything to happen, considering the servers are not dayzRP, but dayzNoKOSmaybe

The true point of raiding a camp is to make it go away and prove a point to people. A cooldown would mess that up. Also having civilians helping is fun. IRL you would not be able to see a patch on your clothes and confusion is something that would happen. DayzRP is all about immersion. Adding rules like this can deplete that.

I dont know if we need a rule or not. Maybe expand the 'common sense' rule to think that even though a clan was wiped in an attack and even though game mechanics allow you to regear in an hour, that in actual real life...attacks takes weeks to months to plan.

tnkydoe    14

When in doubt use tanks? :)