Server time: 2017-08-20, 09:48

Sign in to follow this  
TheNeox

To the SKA at Ravens Nest 00:00 +

TheNeox    0

To the SKA member Conski Gorshkov.

I had a blast playing with you! Really REALLY great RP, and holy sh*t was that a legendary game of Cat and Mouse.

First running from a tank, then an A-10.

I salute you sir, and keep up the RP!

Me pretending to be a hostage so the tank wont shoot.

[attachment=666]

Tracerrounds from the A-10 hunting us in the woods.

[attachment=667]

Regards

Slawo 'Russia' Debremiv (Xe merc service).

PS: I frapsed everything and i will be uploading it later.

EDIT: Edited the name of the SKA member.

Thanks, we're glad you enjoyed it. Unfortunately we can't have nice things and staff had to ruin the RP. Oh well.

TheNeox    0

Thanks, we're glad you enjoyed it. Unfortunately we can't have nice things and staff had to ruin the RP. Oh well.

What do you mean? Ofc the admins abused their rights and spawnd in some sick stuff, but its like a server event. Its rare!

I know there was a problem with the initiation, but honestly. None of you was thinking that the tank was going to be friendly.

What do you mean? Ofc the admins abused their rights and spawnd in some sick stuff, but its like a server event. Its rare!

I know there was a problem with the initiation, but honestly. None of you was thinking that the tank was going to be friendly.

None of us were expecting to be KoS'd by the server owner either.

Guest Tranqlotus   
Guest Tranqlotus

flaming?

Jerry    17

Server events are planned on the server event forum, browsing through now I see no "attack SKA with LAV and Jet" event, do you?

Tortov    0

flaming?

flamebaiting?

TheNeox    0

Well. You had just initiated on a bunch of civis.

You tortured and killed a few of them.

Maybe there was an american patroll comming trough Cherno at that time. Heard about the hostage situation and came to help.

I personally think its a great event made possible by the admins.

Maybe there should be some more talking before they actually started shooting, but imo. They dident need it.

Maybe there was an american patroll comming trough Cherno at that time. Heard about the hostage situation and came to help.

Maybe there should be some more talking before they actually started shooting, but imo. They dident need it.

I would think it great too, if we actually stood a chance. Our only option was to surrender our gear, which would most likely then be picked up by the hostages and used to kill us.

ConorJD    0

No worries buddy, I thought it was rather slack but I'm glad you enjoyed it! Sorry I had to leave, I have work early tomorrow.

C

TheNeox    0

I would think it great too, if we actually stood a chance. Our only option was to surrender our gear, which would most likely then be picked up by the hostages and used to kill us.

Thats very true. In my eyes you all died in a glorious battle against an overpowerd enemy. People sing songs about sh*t like this!

Tomeran    3

I realize SKA are bitter with Rolle killing them, but can we please stop it with the "staff ruins RP", "down with dayzRP", "Rolle KoSed us". I think even the most stubborn Rolle-hater in your ranks know by now that he initiated, that it wasnt a clear-cut KoS. So we can stop calling it that. Wether it was a legitimate and proper initiation or not is a topic to be discussed in a formal report that is already littered beyond belief with the kind of example remarks I posted above.

If you guys seriously want the people involved to learn and prevent it from happening again, simmer down on the rage and try to build your arguments coherently without throwing out angry rants. Its not going to yield anything constructive if you cannot control your own emotions, it only helps reinforce the image that you're the side in the wrong.

If you want staff to stop doing spontaneous staff events where they drive around in tanks or fly jets, then make an argument for that other then "they're too OP and just kill us", because I think I can count the number of times that has happened on one hand. And I've been around a while.

Not to continue any negative debate or throw around accusations or even say that "staff ruin RP" but this is the second time now that SKA has been pursued by a tank. The first time, we got away. So what I can gather is that the "event" creator learnt that a tank wasn't enough. lel.

ktbur    9

Spontaneous events should only be done against zombies that are spawned in by admins. When it is done against players, the potential for abuse is definitely there. How can you justify spawning in LAVs and jets to fight against a clan of players? If it was organized and pre-arranged, then I see no problem. However, that was clearly not the case.

We were trying to RP with our hostages when an unannounced LAV rolled up. There was zero RP, zero demands before initiations were put forth. Can you see how this is a problem, Tomeran?

TheNeox    0

I realize SKA are bitter with Rolle killing them, but can we please stop it with the "staff ruins RP", "down with dayzRP", "Rolle KoSed us". I think even the most stubborn Rolle-hater in your ranks know by now that he initiated, that it wasnt a clear-cut KoS. So we can stop calling it that. Wether it was a legitimate and proper initiation or not is a topic to be discussed in a formal report that is already littered beyond belief with the kind of example remarks I posted above.

If you guys seriously want the people involved to learn and prevent it from happening again, simmer down on the rage and try to build your arguments coherently without throwing out angry rants. Its not going to yield anything constructive if you cannot control your own emotions, it only helps reinforce the image that you're the side in the wrong.

If you want staff to stop doing spontaneous staff events where they drive around in tanks or fly jets, then make an argument for that other then "they're too OP and just kill us", because I think I can count the number of times that has happened on one hand. And I've been around a while.

Spontaneous events should only be done against zombies that are spawned in by admins. When it is done against players, the potential for abuse is definitely there. How can you justify spawning in LAVs and jets to fight against a clan of players? If it was organized and pre-arranged, then I see no problem. However, that was clearly not the case.

We were trying to RP with our hostages when an unannounced LAV rolled up. There was zero RP, zero demands before initiations were put forth. Can you see how this is a problem, Tomeran?

What would have happned if the driver of the LAv came out and started talking? SKA would either shoot him on the spot and take the LAV, or take him hostage aswell. There isent much RP to take out of a situation like this.

And i dont understand why everyone wants a fair fight. Its not the fair fights that stand out, its the unfair ones.

He's not saying that there is no problem. He's saying that you should all control your emotions:

simmer down on the rage and try to build your arguments coherently without throwing out angry rants

In every thread about this incident SKA members burst in saying "staff is disappointing" and "bad RP, admin abuse". Statements that are fueled by rage and aren't constructive in the slightest.

In the post of yours I'm quoting now, there you use actual arguments. Coherent arguments. That's what you should do.

Tomeran    3

I never said I actually agree with what happened, merely in how it was being handled and responded to. This is actually an example of the kind of structured argument I'd like to see instead of most of the other comments.

If the LAV crew initiated on you out of the blue, if they werent guarding the place when you tried to rob it(patrolling the area visibly, staff does that sometimes to protect settlements that have been overwhelmed by frequent bandit attacks), but instead showed up afterwards, then I can agree that it was something that should've been avoided. I dont support armored vehicles -seeking out- people to fight and initiate upon. It places the defenders in an almost unfeasible scenario where they have to fight and die(unless they have rpgs, which is unlikely) or surrender. So there you have my opinion on that.

The same does not apply to defense, as almost all incidents we've had with tanks vs players(to my memory) is when people have tried to, one way or another, initiate on the tanks and fight them. And then...well...then they have it coming.

I dont support the idea to remove them entirely however, I think they can add a lot of RP and interesting scenarios. They add a presence for staff factions that help reinforce the image that these factions are significant, and they provide an opportunity for all kinds of missions. Whenever I've been around with these vehicles, we've focused almost exclusivly on friendly interaction or at most interrigation(not robbery)

If we simply rolled out in vurnable vehicles everytime we had a spontaenous staff event, we'd be stopped frequently and there's a high risk the event would be stopped before it even got off the ground. LAVs and BMPs provide an opportunity for that event to continue rather then be abruptly stopped. But yes, they should not be used to activly hunt down and fight survivors.

As for the zero RP before initiation, that's not a new concept and its a concept incredibly difficult to pull off in a situation like this. We all know the true majority of "initiation RP" takes place AFTERWARDS, for a good reason. That being said, I wasnt there, and I'll look at any available videos before saying anything else in this regard.

...oh and I mistakenly edited your post, ktbur. Edited it back to its original form, I think. I hope. Best you doublecheck it to make sure.

ktbur    9

There are many of us that are evidently upset at what happened and rightly so, in my opinion. It almost felt like a breach of trust to most of the SKA members, considering the high regard we hold for the staff members. We try to abide by the rules, but yes, we sometimes make mistakes. However, I think that everyone can agree on the fact that staff members are held to a much higher standard when it comes to following the rules.

To get back to point, Tomeran, the LAV showed up near the end of us robbing Raven's Nest. Not once was there any contact made with the tank up until the initiation. There was no representative of UEF inside the camp, which also brings to question how they found our position to begin with. All of this will be addressed in the formal report.

Had we spotted the LAV earlier, I doubt any of us would even try to initiate on the camp. From our point of view, it just seemed like Rolle spawned in the tank specifically to hunt SKA down. Why the Raven's Nest of all places? Why SKA of all clans? These are some of the questions that we'd like to see answered.

Tomeran, I also agree that armored vehicles should not be taken out of the game. They can bring a lot into the mix, such as the powerful factions that the staff portrays during events. However, these server events should always be announced beforehand and should never target an individual clan. A lot of bitterness and negative feelings will surface, as we're seeing now. In the future, the staff should make a forum post on any potential events 24 hours before the actual date, just so everyone is notified.

Tomeran    3

Not sure I will comment on the rest, as I feel a lot of it belongs to the discussion in the formal report, and perhaps Zipcouda's video will shed some clarity on the matter.

Tomeran, I also agree that armored vehicles should not be taken out of the game. They can bring a lot into the mix, such as the powerful factions that the staff portrays during events. However, these server events should always be announced beforehand and should never target an individual clan. A lot of bitterness and negative feelings will surface, as we're seeing now. In the future, the staff should make a forum post on any potential events 24 hours before the actual date, just so everyone is notified.

As for this, I pretty much agree. Im not sure a 24-hour timer is neccecery, as some of these faction things are meant to intentionally be a surprise. But there should be guidelines if not rules for staff operating these vehicles that they should be used as a deterrant and for defense only, not for offense.(unless against other staff faction or against clans that have agreed to fight them in a pre-arranged battle or something)

Perhaps that is something that will come out of all of this.

TheNeox    0

Not sure I will comment on the rest, as I feel a lot of it belongs to the discussion in the formal report, and perhaps Zipcouda's video will shed some clarity on the matter.

As for this, I pretty much agree. Im not sure a 24-hour timer is neccecery, as some of these faction things are meant to intentionally be a surprise. But there should be guidelines if not rules for staff operating these vehicles that they should be used as a deterrant and for defense only, not for offense.(unless against other staff faction or against clans that have agreed to fight them in a pre-arranged battle or something)

Maybe an event where diffrent clans have too cooperate to take down a common enemy? Just an idea. Hopefully this experiance is something we all can learn something from.

ktbur    9

As members of staff, the community and I expects you to uphold the rules at all times, much to a higher degree than the normal player. It should be a given, that high-powered weapons should not be used against players, simply because of balance issues. Moreover, we expect the staff to already have these guidlines made in advance before any actions are taken. If the staff are not on the same page with what is expected of them, how can we know what is expected of us, as players? There are many new members of staff, some who might not be aware of the unspoken rules regarding tanks and such. As Rolle was there, we expected him to direct and teach the newer staff members on how they should behave.

And yes, it would be best if these vehicles are only used as defense and not as a weapon to kill other players or clans. We simply do not have any means of defending ourselves and it is border-line power-gaming to some extent.

Species    237

Can we stop flooding posts that are saying it was great, with arguments please?

I can't believe all the posts, that I have to road about "Staff Ruins RP" etc.

For me SKA and all the other little bandits, who have to attack the Nest daily ruin the Fun and RP in this Mod. The last time I went there I got killed by rule breakers and only one day later it gets attacked again. This is unbelieveable and I am not even interested in playing anymore. We can't even defend it properly, because it either gets attacked by a bunch of randoms, so we have no way of identifying them or it gets attacked by 10+ people and we don't have any Chance.

I find it completely reasonable, that staff finally takes action against groups like you, who have to attack settlements daily.

As members of staff, the community and I expects you to uphold the rules at all times, much to a higher degree than the normal player. It should be a given, that high-powered weapons should not be used against players, simply because of balance issues. Moreover, we expect the staff to already have these guidlines made in advance before any actions are taken. If the staff are not on the same page with what is expected of them, how can we know what is expected of us, as players? There are many new members of staff, some who might not be aware of the unspoken rules regarding tanks and such. As Rolle was there, we expected him to direct and teach the newer staff members on how they should behave.

And yes, it would be best if these vehicles are only used as defense and not as a weapon to kill other players or clans. We simply do not have any means of defending ourselves and it is border-line power-gaming to some extent.

Don't presume to speak for anyone but yourself. It's insulting.

For me SKA and all the other little bandits, who have to attack the Nest daily ruin the Fun and RP in this Mod. The last time I went there I got killed by rule breakers and only one day later it gets attacked again. This is unbelieveable and I am not even interested in playing anymore. We can't even defend it properly, because it either gets attacked by a bunch of randoms, so we have no way of identifying them or it gets attacked by 10+ people and we don't have any Chance.

I find it completely reasonable, that staff finally takes action against groups like you, who have to attack settlements daily.

This nails it on the head, basically. You get what you give, and maybe everyone who raids settlements multiple times every day finally understands what it's like to get their asses kicked.

ktbur    9

Don't presume to speak for anyone but yourself. It's insulting.

How is it insulting that I'm saying I expect the staff to uphold the rules? Do you not agree that they should do so, or am I alone on this?

I sense some OOC negativity stemming from your comment, ExecutorPalin. If there is something that I did wrong to you, please explain and let me know via PMs or on the DayzRP TS. I'll be in the SKA channel.

This nails it on the head, basically. You get what you give, and maybe everyone who raids settlements multiple times every day finally understands what it's like to get their asses kicked.

I wouldn't compare us raiding a settlement to tanks and jets killing players. But that is just my two cents. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you feel that SKA are on the level of such weapons, then I can safely say that I'll take your compliment gracefully.