Server time: 2017-08-21, 16:06

Sign in to follow this  
TheNeox

Voice modulators

TheNeox    0

Hello.

Iv been playing for around a month now and im enjoying it alot.

The only thing that i dont like about the DayzRP community is the people who keeps using voice modulating software.

I respect that some people sound diffrent because of a gasmask etc, but when a 13 year old kid amps up his bass it just sounds stupid...

It ruins the RP for everyone surrounding that person instantly because of the ridiculous effects added to his voice.

Is this banable? Should it be? What do you guys think.

Flame    0

It isn't bannable, but if they are using it to troll people are aren't using it for a good role-play experience then you can report them, but you need to record it otherwise it would obviously just be your word.

Personally, I haven't came across any younger players that use a voice modifier to make their voice seem deeper. It doesn't bother me if they have a higher pitched voice, as long as they actually role-play and not just do the usual "Give me your ID" routine when they first meet you which I've noticed happening a lot nowadays which is why I haven't played much.

I am getting a little annoyed at how many people are starting to use them though for the likes of having a gasmask on and such, yes you could say it's authentic to use as your character has a gasmask on, but it's just starting to get too common now and quite frankly I am finding it boring, just like how the majority of clans are revolved around a military background or they are wanting to become the most powerful clan in Chernarus, granted most of them don't say that in their description but they have it worded as such. But that's a whole other topic.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Pro tip to any squeekers.

You can't make your voice sound deeper by upping the bass, you'll still be squeeking.

Bass resonance is not a pitch alteration!

Press    1

I rarely run into people who modulate, but good god, no it should not be a bannable offense. Modulation when done right has added a lot to some of the RP situations I've been in, and I don't see how it's ruining anyone's RP. If anything, people who modulate are trying to add something or, at the very least, improve their confidence when interacting with others. No reason to take that away from them.

TheNeox    0

I rarely run into people who modulate, but good god, no it should not be a bannable offense. Modulation when done right has added a lot to some of the RP situations I've been in, and I don't see how it's ruining anyone's RP. If anything, people who modulate are trying to add something or, at the very least, improve their confidence when interacting with others. No reason to take that away from them.

As i mentiond ealier. I think people who modulate their voice and has a good reason for it (gasmask for example) is very good rp. But when a random person with no form of mask adds a "mask like" effeckt it just failes hard at adding to the experiance.

Press    1
As i mentiond ealier. I think people who modulate their voice and has a good reason for it (gasmask for example) is very good rp. But when a random person with no form of mask adds a "mask like" effeckt it just failes hard at adding to the experiance.

I still don't think it is (or should be) bannable, because it's a question of personal preference and taste. No rules are being broken when you add an effect to your voice, assuming you aren't using that effect specifically to troll people or to ruin an interaction. If someone chooses to modulate, and they're also trying hard to stay in character, I don't think they should be punished for it.

Case-in-point, I used a slight modulation (high pass, -0.95 pitch, and a boosted 180 frequency) in order to improve my Russian accent, but was recently told by buddies in game that I actually sound better without it. So I dropped it. What's the lesson learned? Try talking to someone about how the modulation isn't very good.

It seems like people are really eager to find new way to ban others instead of communicating with them and trying to help them out. I'm not saying you're doing this Neox, not at all, but I would start by trying to explain how the effect isn't doing them any favors instead of trying to build a new set of rules around modulation.

I use Genral Pyrack because i love the breathing! My character is a bounty hunter and having the breathing in the background during a robbery adds to the suspense! (from waht I've heard) As long as the Voice Mod is not used to troll then its alright