Server time: 2017-08-24, 10:33

Sign in to follow this  
Besphynx

My voice not been picked up by recording

Question

Besphynx    0

I do not know which topic to put this in as it is not RP related so feel free to move it staff :)

When I record the, video is fine and the audio is fine. You can hear Teamspeak audio and In-game audio but you cannot hear my voice, so I am asking the community to help me :)

I use Dxtory FYI

15 answers to this question

DinoB    20

I think this happens to me sometimes, like try to put your recording into Sony Vegas, I did that when I couldn't hear my voice, but somehow I can hear it in Vegas

Besphynx    0

I think this happens to me sometimes, like try to put your recording into Sony Vegas, I did that when I couldn't hear my voice, but somehow I can hear it in Vegas

I do not have a working version of Sony Vegas so I cannot do that :/

Reptile449    0

You probably haven't set up 2 audio channels in dxtory. Open it up, go to the sound recording bit and make sure you have 2 recording sources: one from your speakers and one from your microphone driver.

Besphynx    0

You probably haven't set up 2 audio channels in dxtory. Open it up, go to the sound recording bit and make sure you have 2 recording sources: one from your speakers and one from your microphone driver.

I have done that, One for Razer Surround Audio Controller {Headphones/Speaker} and I cannot find one for my Microphone, all that comes up is "FrontMic Realtek High Definition Audio"

That sucks as much as being a -PIRATE-, those guys are boring. They always stay in the -BAY- and don't do anything.

Besphynx    0

That sucks as much as being a -PIRATE-, those guys are boring. They always stay in the -BAY- and don't do anything.

I know what you are suggesting and I have done it but the program is no longer functioning.

Reptile449    0

I have done that, One for Razer Surround Audio Controller {Headphones/Speaker} and I cannot find one for my Microphone, all that comes up is "FrontMic Realtek High Definition Audio"

Is that the microphone driver you use? If you check your recording devices by right clicking the volume control on your task bar you can see your default microphone driver which is the one you should be activating in dxtory.

My default is "realtek high definition audio", which is the one I have activated in dxtory as well.

Lundborg    0

If you've set everything up correctly within dxtory (or fraps) there should be no problems.

If you can't hear your other audio channels in programs like VLC it's just because it doesn't play all the sound channels at once.

If you put your file in an editing software like DinoB said you should be able to hear all the audio channels played together.

Besphynx    0

Is that the microphone driver you use? If you check your recording devices by right clicking the volume control on your task bar you can see your default microphone driver which is the one you should be activating in dxtory.

My default is "realtek high definition audio", which is the one I have activated in dxtory as well.

Yes, My default is the FrontMic but it does not appear to pick my voice up.

If you've set everything up correctly within dxtory (or fraps) there should be no problems.

If you can't hear your other audio channels in programs like VLC it's just because it doesn't play all the sound channels at once.

If you put your file in an editing software like DinoB said you should be able to hear all the audio channels played together.

OH! that may be the reason then, I listen to it in VLC

I know what you are suggesting and I have done it but the program is no longer functioning.

Go on youtube. There are a bunch of easy guides. I'd make sure your anti-virus is up to date though.

Lundborg    0

OH! that may be the reason then, I listen to it in VLC

As stupid as it may sound, try playing the video trough Windows Media Player, all the audio channels will play at the same time with that.

Guest Shākya   
Guest Shākya

Moved to troubleshooting section.

PsiSyndicate    16

Yeah, the audio is split into different channels, for easy editing, so certain media players will play all of them at once, and others you'll need to right click and change the audio channel yourself to actually hear it.

As other people said, using something like Vegas will allow you to be able to quickly tell if it is actually picking up your microphone, it's pretty easy to setup, so I doubt that's the issue.

Besphynx    0

Yeah, the audio is split into different channels, for easy editing, so certain media players will play all of them at once, and others you'll need to right click and change the audio channel yourself to actually hear it.

As other people said, using something like Vegas will allow you to be able to quickly tell if it is actually picking up your microphone, it's pretty easy to setup, so I doubt that's the issue.

Yea, I changed the audio channel that was been broadcast in VLC and I could hear my voice so everything is sorted

Staff, Can you please /thread