Server time: 2017-10-19, 09:19
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Ulthel

Giving a good reason for "go formal"

Should you have to give a well thought out explanation of why someone should go formal?   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should you have to give a well thought out explanation of why someone should go formal?

• yes
    • no

Ulthel    0

I've seen a lot of people post in report discussion, "Go formal," but very rarely are reasons given, and even sometimes the entire thread isn't read. I'm not saying it should be something you get in trouble for, but I personally think that if you're going to suggest that someone take a risk and go formal, you should give them a proper explanation and a well thought out argument.

Would love further suggestions.

tnkydoe    14

+1 I have seen this one to many times.

Tredrok    1

I agree to a certain extent. If it is still being debated and somebody just says go formal without much detail it just seems like someone trying to add to their post count to me. But sometimes it is so just so obvious that someone broke the rules. Especially when there is video evidence of the wrong doing. In that case I could see why someone would just type go formal. Overall though I agree with what you are saying.

Ulthel    0

It just seems like some people don't understand what an impact they can have by telling someone to go formal without any explanation. I'm tired of seeing pages of comments that just say, "go formal."

Othuyeg    20

I too think this #formal #goformal #formalnow posting is absoluetly annoying if that is indeed the entire message.

If you think something should go formal, then surely you can write why. And if the why has already been posted by someone, do you really need to post at all then?

Onionjack    0

I too think this #formal #goformal #formalnow posting is absoluetly annoying if that is indeed the entire message.

If you think something should go formal, then surely you can write why. And if the why has already been posted by someone, do you really need to post at all then?

Agreed, I see people do this alot, replying the same answer that has been said already.

These short answers like "Go formal" never gives more to the thread, I'm sure OP wants to know why to go formal since it has been unsure in the first place.

Othuyeg, your signature scares me O.o

As a ex-gm, I can see your point. It was also driving me crazy how people see "Formal reports" as nothing. They just accused each others because they hated the fact of being killed without really understanding the consequences that could lead a formal reports (bans,reset,etc). I understand that it could be frustrating when being killed but we cannot aloud people to use it without thinking two times.

Othuyeg    20

Agreed, I see people do this alot, replying the same answer that has been said already.

These short answers like "Go formal" never gives more to the thread, I'm sure OP wants to know why to go formal since it has been unsure in the first place.

Othuyeg, your signature scares me O.o

That tells me my signature works as intended.

Krimbo    0

I agree with this. I think people who make these types of posts bring nothing to the discussion and obviously are only interested in their post count and not the actual problem that people are trying to solve.

Guest Vendetta   
Guest Vendetta

Definitely +1

Owen    14

Will prevent false reporting.

+1

Ulthel    0

Will prevent false reporting.

+1

I wouldn't say it will prevent false reporting, but I think it could help reduce the number. It would also increase the quality of posts in reports all around.

Jedediah    0

I agree with this thread, but I can also see it leading to -more- work than less. It adds an extra step to the reports, in that GM's will then have to meet on a report, and discuss it's being worth looking at, THEN make it formal, THEN discuss it's being worth punishment. TBH, that already happens when a verdict is decided.