Server time: 2017-10-22, 19:14
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Johnny1

People using ooc in voice.

Johnny1    0

It is so sad how much the number of people using OOC in voice chat increased over last weeks. Anyone else getting pissed off when they hear someone going in voice chat "Out of character guys bla bla bla" it ruins the role play straight away for me when I hear it. I think it should be strictly forbidden.

You should be only able to use ooc in voice when in a glitch/getting chased by zombies and the situation requires you to say something OOC/ but not freaking "OOC I didnt know how I spawned here" or

"OOC report this guy" its upsetting

I personally never use ooc in voice.

What do you think about it guys?

"Report this guy", with or without // or "OOC", in voice or text: it's a no-no. Or well, it's a no-no 95% of the time. ONLY do it when there's some obvious troll running around a settlement or something. Then you can say //Can someone record this so we can report? or something.

As far as text > voice for OOC: I agree. Personally I'd prefer it if people could keep the OOC to a minimum in general. Sometimes you can twist things that you'd normally explain OOCly, to make sense ICly. Just make something up. Improvise and use your imagination. :)

TomG    0

I personally never use OOC in voice but I don't slate people for using voice in OOC.

Major Tom    91

Yeah, it's piss annoying. Especially when they say something OOC that could easily be said IC with a little creativity.

Oh, you can't pick up the weapon a stranger just dropped for you? "Sorry it's really sweaty from when you were holding it, hard to pick it up".

Yeah it may be shit, but it's better than "Oh out of character guys, I cant pick up this weapon".

OOC should remain to important information only and things that absolutely cannot be said in any IC way. That's my two cents.

EDIT: Another tactic is only saying ooc messages over text, never voice.

Iiro    0

I think, in some situations when you are alone with someone you can use voice for OOC but if you are in bigger group it really does spoil the flow of RP. And i try not to say OOC stuff often only when its required.

I only use text OOC if absolutely necessary. People going OOC for petty things should be reported.

Krimbo    0

I tend to keep anything OOC on Teamspeak, unless it's something important like, "//Can you guys hear my mic?" or something. It's always text chat too.

Cid    333

The only time when I've ever had to use voice for OOC was when I had to tell someone that I couldn't type something due to a bug, and he was fine with it. This is the small exception of OOC voice that I see reasonable. Unless there is a major problem you should only go OOC in text chat. Even then, you should always avoid OOC if possible.

Chrome    0

I usually only SAY "Out of character" to say I need to type something out that would take a bit to finish typing, so people don't get impatient and think I'm being unresponsive. I then finish the OOC sentiment in text.

Rampage    0

I only use the //OOC when I have to go AFK. Everything else I can make up something ICly. Voice OOC is a no no in my book. It really break immersion for me.

Tredrok    1

The only time I ever go ooc is in text and its usually for two things. One is if another users mic is skipping or messing up in some way. The other is if I am going afk so my friends know. The second could be done in teamspeak but in our clan channel we always mute for rp sake. I've noticed a rise in people going ooc in voice lately. It is a bit aggravating honestly. It completely breaks rp for me.

Hex    31

I rarely OCC in voice, but when I do, its only when time is a key factor or I cannot stand still to type

SomeWeirdAssGuy    287

I only use OOC if I cannot explain something ICly. The other day I got picked up by a yellow ural at the Berezino Docks where I had just spawned. They asked me where I was going and I said into town to get some gear and then west. Then they started heading north towards Desal Plant and I asked them ICly why we weren't going into town and they said that we'd go there after, so I had to tell them OOC that I couldn't go further north because I had died there in the last 30 mins and they let me out of the truck and I went back into town.

Hofer    20

I rarely OCC in voice, but when I do, its only when time is a key factor or I cannot stand still to type

Exactly this. I did it once when a guy came running up behind me while I was in a firefight, and he just told me not to turn around. Did not state any consequences and started firing at me with his double-barrel shotgun. I had to run around him while speaking to him OOC.

Usually I never go out of character while ingame though, everything can be roleplayed out. Only exeption is if you have to go AFK for a while, I usually type that and roleplay that I'm either falling asleep or something similar.

runewr    1

If I go OOC I just type - and I rarely do this as well. An example is if I get massive fps drops and it's screwing up my sound and microphone.

Frozen    45

This happened at desal last night when people argued over a guy saying he found a M4A3 CCO in the NEAF, instead of 1 RPing that he found it by luck people quickly went OOC and said : "It doesn't spawn there" which could of have being replaced by : "That gun doesn't usually lay around the barracks, I guess you were lucky or someone left it there."

Also happened when a guy mentioned him having a chopper, people didn't believe him, then he said I do and guess what.. he said OOC :"It's on S2 for real"

I find it very disturbing to use OOC for reasons not being important..

Des8559    0

Much prefer it in text chat than voice takes me a while to get my voice right and it gets ruined when I hear it

Johnny1    0

So do you guys think its a report worthy when someone non stop talks ooc about stupid irrelevant stuff?

ZettaByte    0

I rarely even use OOC in chat, but when I do I use it only in chat. OOC in voice is... stupid wont even start describing it.

Josh    37

When you cant stop to type i think it is forgivable but i have seen people do it casually whilst hanging out at a settlement.

When you cant stop to type i think it is forgivable but i have seen people do it casually whilst hanging out at a settlement.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

So do you guys think its a report worthy when someone non stop talks ooc about stupid irrelevant stuff?

I would say yes.

We all need to focus more on improving the roleplaying experience and the atmosphere people create in game. Removing pointless OOC will help that greatly.

pejay    1

For me it breaks the RP when people go OOC in voice. I've only experienced it in settlements though