Server time: 2017-08-18, 14:43

Sign in to follow this  
Bob

New settlement rule

Bob    0

After CRing at altar for some time I've realised that we get lots of stupid immature people initaing on the camp all on thier ones. So I believe that there should be a rule saying you MUST initate on a camp via text and be part of a official dayzrp clan and also add your clan may only attack the same settlement once a week.

The first rule will stop imature people initiating by theirselves. Te second rule will stop constant attacks on settlements thus giving time for proper RP to take place.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

~ Moved to Suggestions ~

Hex    31

so, you cant initiate if your non-affiliated? I find this to be a bit silly to be honest, yes the camps get alot of trolls and get raided alot, but this rule makes it a little unfair to those who are not in a clan.

Sir Doctor    3

The need to be apart of an official clan is a bit unfair. Although I don't see a lot of non clans imitating on camps (lack of numbers, the fact that they have to initiate individually etc etc) the only attacking once a week has been discussed before. Never followed those discussions properly so you'll have to read them yourself.

Snow    1

Maybe a once a day limit, but once a week it a bit extreme. Text can be an issue because it only reaches 40m, most camps are larger than that, and the clan requirement is flat-out unfair.

To an extent, I agree with this. In a realistic sense, a few rag-tag civilians wouldn't have the balls to attack an established settlement. The only problem with this is it limits people who either don't want to be in a clan, or cannot find one to be apart of.

TrilbyAsh    6

This server is a Roleplaying server. Not a "Half of you sit and drop your loot all day and the other half take their loot" server. It's not exactly fun for the Civvy players to be RPing in their chosen settlement, having a good time, only for the fifth attack in an hour. Forcing a one-week rule for a person attacking a camp will lessen attacks considerably, while increase the fun of the attack, as it'll be something infrequent, and a bigger "Unknown" threat. You'll be sitting in the settlement with an air of unease, wondering just when an attack might come. Right now, from what I've been led to believe, is just constantly switching between a surrender position, and a standing position. Right now, it's not -when- someone attacks, it's "Who is it going to be this time?" Restricting people's access to attacking somewhere will be a pretty nice feature.

Now, my own opinions aside, there might be something coming of this Soon.

Stagsview    587

I have heard Diesel being raided by groups 5 times a day. And times via the same group, There is has to be a limit and something in my view has to be done.

I think a limit on non affiliated clan people should be 1 per day per settlement as far as clans go then maybe that can be something different for example no less than 3 or 6 hrs or something.

I understand non clan people want to do the bandit thing and maybe putting a 1 per day max on it will make them a little more inclined to join a clan , but for those that RP as non affiliated and don't attack compounds it wont effect as much and will be able to RP at there own pace.

I agree with you, something needs to be done about this. I dont agree with the once every week part, once every three days would be good.

The problem we have in desal aswell is when people disrespect us, go to CR areas we disarm then and then they just start firing at everyone. Or when we disarm them and tell them to leave, they come back and attack with no initiation.

I think it would be a good step forward if we get all the people who are visting settlements to know the Settlement rules.

Voodoo    357

The need to be apart of an official clan is a bit unfair. Although I don't see a lot of non clans imitating on camps (lack of numbers, the fact that they have to initiate individually etc etc) the only attacking once a week has been discussed before. Never followed those discussions properly so you'll have to read them yourself.

We've had it a lot at Altar the past few days. Random civs initiate and start shooting. There's a report I've put up recently because 3 civs used one initiation to shoot on the castle and kill us all.

As for new settlement rule I think rolle is already working it out to put into place but I wouldn't deny civ raids but they need to realise they should have to initiate one by one. As for text initiation I think this is worse for a camp. The whole report mentionned above was all started by a civ making a text initiation which all CR's didn't see as we were too busy watching a heli getting shot to look at the text in the corner.

tnkydoe    14

Civilians like to be apart of raids to!

Maybe not a week but a two day cool down or something.

You see when a civilian raids a camp it leaves a whole new door open to people being reported for silly stuff, there is always that one guy who will be like "Yeah, lets do it man, lets raid that camp!!" that guy will die instantly and then make a KOS report. #civilianlife