Server time: 2017-08-18, 20:21

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Liquid

Is there a tutorial on here for the Ingame Radios??

Question

Guest Liquid   
Guest Liquid

Is there a tutorial on here for the In game Radios??. I would like to familiarize my self with them before I play.

5 answers to this question

Jamma    4

The radio is TS or mumble etc. There is no system like ACRE. So if someone says, drop your radio, it means mute you TS and stop communications within TS.

Flame    0

When someone refers to their "radio" they mean Teamspeak, as there is no actual in-game radio such as ACRE like Jamma mentioned.

The radio item was recently added in the last 'big patch' which introduced the newest Vanilla DayZ patch, so when someone says to drop your radio you need to mute yourself on Teamspeak or whatever program you are using and actually drop said radio in-game like you would do with any other item.

However, you can keep your radio and lie by saying you have dropped it, or you don't have one or whatever, but someone can frisk you by using an emote, such as *Joe frisks John for any communication device*, if you do have the radio on you, YOU HAVE TO DROP IT as they frisked you for one. If you don't it can be classed as metagaming (I hope I used this term right, I'm still getting used to that and powergaming) and it could lead to you being punished.

Other than that, direct chat is used as you normally would in ArmA II, the default push to talk button is the Caps Lock button, you can switch between Direct and the other channels, such as vehicle, by pressing the ">" and "<" keys on your keyboard, again those are the default keys.

Hope this helped!

TrilbyAsh    6

Pretty much what these chaps said.

The In-Game item is a way of having a Game-Connection to any form of outside communication. As long as you have the radio in your inventory, you can speak ICly to anyone on things such as Teamspeak, IRC or even doing an IC broadcast via the forums.

However, the moment you lose your radio, be it via your own volition, or due to a robbery, you can no longer send In Character messages. You're still free to talk out of Character, there's nothing forcing you to mute yourself, but anything anyone else says over TS and such cannot be used by your character, as they would have no way of hearing what is said.

The item is basically a tool to control Metagaming. It's going nicely so far, not seen that many reports based on Metagaming since the Radio's implementation.

EDIT: Can a higher up move this to Questions?

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

~ Moved to Questions ~