Server time: 2017-08-24, 03:14

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Corbulogistics

Experienced RPer joining, with some questions!

Guest Corbulogistics   
Guest Corbulogistics

Hello everyone! I am Corbulogistics, and I have been playing different forms of video game RP for the past three years, particularly Clockwork HL2RP on Garry's Mod which is primarily based around text roleplay. I already know most of the terms and have pretty good knowledge on the rules, but I still have a few questions:

1. I was wondering what kind of line is drawn between voice chat and text chat for IC conversations. I am used to typing and I type incredibly fast and coherent, but I have speech problems and my voice acting is god awful. It would be strange for the old grizzled veteran survivalist to sound like some kind of retard.

2. I know there are donator perks, but is there any kind of gallery that has pictures that generally show off the donator/normal skins from head to toe? Thanks.

Sir Doctor    3

Welcome!

There is nothing wrong with text roleplaying as far as I'm concerned and there's nothing wrong with it "rules" wise, but when theres an intense moment (running from zombies, in a firefight etc etc) its kind of awkward when you have to stop and type.

Yes theres a "gallery" of sorts here: http://www.dayzrp.com/exchange.php?view=items

TightPants    0

1. Some people like voice more and some people like text more. Both are valid options of conversation methods used in game. If you feel more comfortable doing your RP by typing then go ahead and don't mind those who will tell you to get a mic. As there are those too.

2. All donator skins are shown in the "Donation exchange" section under the "Donation" tab. Normal skins that you spawn in are just random civilian skins and skins you can find are mostly the normal civilian skins and normal military skins from DayZ.

Sir Doctor    3

1. Some people like voice more and some people like text more. Both are valid options of conversation methods used in game. If you feel more comfortable doing your RP by typing then go ahead and don't mind those who will tell you to get a mic. As there are those too.

2. All donator skins are shown in the "Donation exchange" section under the "Donation" tab. Normal skins that you spawn in are just random civilian skins and skins you can find are mostly the normal civilian skins and normal military skins from DayZ.

Bet ya TightPants! >;D

Guest Corbulogistics   
Guest Corbulogistics

Wow, thanks for the answers guys! I'm really excited, I'll start pulling my money together for application.