Server time: 2019-02-18, 13:32 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

DayzRP Official Background (refined edition)

Do you approve of this lore?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow, what a nice Story. Now I feel well informed about the background of DayZ. This will help me and my wife to refine our story.

Just one final question, maybe I missed that point (due to the fact I´m no native speaker), is this story now the official one on which I can base my Story now, or is there another one?

Guest Astycc

Wow, what a nice Story. Now I feel well informed about the background of DayZ. This will help me and my wife to refine our story.

Just one final question, maybe I missed that point (due to the fact I´m no native speaker), is this story now the official one on which I can base my Story now, or is there another one?

This is the current story for the Mod version of DayZRP, Staff are thinking of creating a new story for the standalone whitelist, but you can base mod stories on this backstory for now! :D

Guest GreenGod

If we play a character that has come from another area of the world say for example the United States are we given creative licensing over what the situation is over there? For example my first character fled to Europe trying to reach Moscow after hearing that it was safe whereas the United States was not.

Guest Astycc

If we play a character that has come from another area of the world say for example the United States are we given creative licensing over what the situation is over there? For example my first character fled to Europe trying to reach Moscow after hearing that it was safe whereas the United States was not.

Fairly sure the story covers the fact that the whole world has been destroyed from this infection, but maybe you can base your character on the fact they thought it was safe in different countries, when it really wasn't.

That was an absolute dream of a read, thank you Tomeran for putting the time in to write that, bloody amazing.

Guest GreenGod

Fairly sure the story covers the fact that the whole world has been destroyed from this infection, but maybe you can base your character on the fact they thought it was safe in different countries, when it really wasn't.

Although it states that it has spread it never states that the world has been destroyed and does not list a few major countries, good read over all though!

Guest Astycc

Although it states that it has spread it never states that the world has been destroyed and does not list a few major countries, good read over all though!

Well, I personally assume that if the infection has consumed the whole planet, then most countries will have not contained it.

Ok thanks for the additional thoughts. Due to the fact, that we only play on SA - Server, I think it is in fact a good idea to stick to the Mod story as well.

I´m looking forward to the development of the SA version and lore of this community.

Btw. I´m really impressed - first impression ;) - how proffessional the comments are and also how friendly the mood of the community is. This makes it attractive to stay for a long time.

Guest Astycc

Ok thanks for the additional thoughts. Due to the fact, that we only play on SA - Server, I think it is in fact a good idea to stick to the Mod story as well.

I´m looking forward to the development of the SA version and lore of this community.

Btw. I´m really impressed - first impression ;) - how proffessional the comments are and also how friendly the mood of the community is. This makes it attractive to stay for a long time.

Yep, this community has to be one of the most friendly and helpful around, there are a lot of guides and things to help newcomers, also lots of people who are willing to help 24/7, there is also an amazing staff team that put a lot of effort into their work, for example Tomeran, and his amazing stories and guides.

Maybe the tanks eventually ran out of gas/supplies/ammo so the crew had to leave them :D

Great story btw!

That was amazing! Approximately how long did it take you to write this all out?

The first version took me a few days, but I had bits and pieces written before it.

I keep a series of word documents on lore, and whenever I feel for it once in a while I write additions.

Roughly 20-30% of the "written lore" is known, so there's a lot of secrets out there. :D

As for how long its take to write -all- the lore bits I've written, just not this one? That would account for...hell im not sure. A hundred hours, at least.

I've been working on a more extensive "world lore" recently. Its pretty much ready, right now im just working on ways to present it properly.

The first version took me a few days, but I had bits and pieces written before it.

I keep a series of word documents on lore, and whenever I feel for it once in a while I write additions.

Roughly 20-30% of the "written lore" is known, so there's a lot of secrets out there. :D

As for how long its take to write -all- the lore bits I've written, just not this one? That would account for...hell im not sure. A hundred hours, at least.

I've been working on a more extensive "world lore" recently. Its pretty much ready, right now im just working on ways to present it properly.

Write a goddamn book based on DayzRp and the lore you got!!!

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Loving this so far, finished the first half but I have to get to bed. Going to read through the rest tomorrow. The adding of the images really enhanced it and made plowing through easier. Not just a boring old wall of text.

Wow this is really good, makes so much sense and makes sense how their is so much military equipment left in Chernarus after an international effort to prevent the pandemic.

Sign in to follow this